Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Baseball season 2019

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Apparently the home opener hasn't sold out, for the first time in 10 years.

I wonder if that's related to it being on at 3pm on a Thursday. :facepalm:

Yes thats a bit odd. The Braves play the Phillies today at 3pm as well and then back to a normal schedule. It seems they are looking to showcase the BOS SEA game on TV as the only evening game today. The rest are all lunchtime /afternoon games

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's no point.

The Nat'nals will win the World Series so they might as well hand us the trophy now.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Likewise, I got nowhere despite pre-registering. Vast swathes of tickets were snapped up by your Stubhubs and Viagogo's, and soon appeared at 3-4 times face value. Absolutely disgusting process, I have no idea how this can even be legal.

Anyway, I still plan on travelling up to London on the Sunday, on the offchance of getting a ticket outside the ground. Once the game starts (3.30pm), the touts will probably be giving them away, and I'm quite prepared to miss the first 2-3 innings.

The game happens to coincide with England playing India in the Cricket World Cup at Edgbaston, so my plan is to find a pub around the London Bridge area late morning, have a few beers and watch a chunk of the cricket. Then I'll either check the prices online, or head along to the London Stadium on the offchance of picking up a ticket on the cheap. If the touts don't play ball, then I'll walk away and go back to watching the cricket, but I expect they'd rather offload for £20 than be stuck with a bunch of tickets they can't shift.

It'll be a good day out regardless.

Try following @mlbukcommunity on twitter.
They have arranged multiple events at Belushis at London Bridge, including during the London series.

I will be going to at least one. They look good

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Another year's subscription to At Bat sorted for £15. Must admit it's a pretty decent app if you're into baseball. Also got the Ballpark app for tickets

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Mets take the Nationals 6-2 and move to a .500 and the Wankees game was rained off for the second day in a row - really crappy weather in NYC at the minute

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Twins are an astonishing 27-15, and leading the ALC having just topped the Angels 2-1 in another series win. Only the Astro's have a better record in MLB right now with 28-15, and the Twins slapped them 3-1 in the series a couple of weeks ago.

I'm really not used to them being DECENT

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Mets take the Nationals 6-2 and move to a .500 and the Wankees game was rained off for the second day in a row - really crappy weather in NYC at the minute

Braves get hammered by the Cards. Back to .500 along with Mets. Going to be close this season I think.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Haven't purchased a Cubby kit yet. That $hit is expensive. I don't have the monetary fortitude for the Cubs that I have for the Albion.

You’re not wrong about that. Looked at a Braves shirt last time I was there. $120
Yikes and a no thank you.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Braves take game 2 over the Cardinals 4-0. Braves new boy Austin Riley hits a home run on his debut in the big league.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Cubs lose to last place Reds in extra inning. Ugh! Baseball is probably longest season in sport and one loss is not that "big of a deal" as my American friends and relatives would say.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
I'm a Mets fan like Lyndhurst and we've just hit .500* but it's super frustrating already. 3.5 off the Phillies.

Got tickets to see us at Phillies and at home to ATL in Flushing in June though which should be fun.

Squad seems good but ughhh those Mets.

*nope, lost it already from awful Nats. FFS.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I was in Chicago a couple of weeks ago, and went to see the Cubs beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 5-1. It was the coldest experience I've ever known at a sporting event, my friends and I were likened to airplane crash survivors huddled together for warmth. For some reason, that's not the tagline for Wrigley Field. I didn't massively enjoy baseball as a spectacle, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who sat through all 9 innings for both teams though.

I'm in the green coat below.

Chicago Cubs.jpg

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I was in San Francisco last month for Giants v Padres. Beautiful warm spring day, not a cloud in the sky. Giants lost 3-1 but had bases loaded at the bottom of the 9th so a bit of excitement at the end. Also saw the Panda (Pablo Sandoval) hit a double. Crowd up on its feet when he slid in - he's not the most mobile unit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here