Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer 10 yellows??

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
Can anyone check but I've got Gordon on 10 yellow cards for the season now but I can't seem to find anywhere that indicates he's banned tomorrow night?! The Argus only mentions that Halford or Hughes will be coming in for Dunk. The BHA website has Gordon on 10 yellows and if you look at the match reports on the BBC, Sky and Soccerbase.com so do they. The games I think he's got yellows in are:
Ipswich (A)
Blackpool (H)
Middlesbro (H)
Huddersfield (A)
Brentford (A) (F.A. Cup)
Arsenal (H) (F.A. Cup)
Bolton (A)
Derby (H)
Reading (A)
Wolves (H)
I'm think there was a card that was given to him in a game in a case of mistaken identity but I can't remember it and one of these may be the reason I think he's on 10. Hope I'm wrong as I'd hate for us to get done playing an ineligible player and then docked points!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Soccerbase shows him as being on 11...

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=21376

However one of those - Cardiff - was not actually given to him:

The full match is available to watch on Cardiff's player site. Greer is clearly shown the yellow card by the referee on 8mins 20 secs (of the second half) and has his name taken. Greer is clearly angry and is presumably telling the ref he has got it wrong. As Cardiff bring on Noone, the ref wanders around as Hyypia can be seen on the touchline throwing his arms in the air. Then the ref beckons Greer back to him, has a conversation with him (presumably telling Greer he realises it is mistaken identity), and books JFC (on 9mins 22 secs, a full 60 seconds after Greer was first shown the yellow card).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
So where do the Club get their stats from as the Player Stats page shows 8 league bookings and 2 in the Cup?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've just been through the official club site, looking at their reports and, in specific, the 'LINEUP' tab for each of the 10 games you detail and they do show him as receiving a yellow in each of them, which would put him on 10 which would, like you say, indicate he should now be on a ban.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Can anyone check but I've got Gordon on 10 yellow cards for the season now but I can't seem to find anywhere that indicates he's banned tomorrow night?! The Argus only mentions that Halford or Hughes will be coming in for Dunk. The BHA website has Gordon on 10 yellows and if you look at the match reports on the BBC, Sky and Soccerbase.com so do they. The games I think he's got yellows in are:
Ipswich (A)
Blackpool (H)
Middlesbro (H)
Huddersfield (A)
Brentford (A) (F.A. Cup)
Arsenal (H) (F.A. Cup)
Bolton (A)
Derby (H)
Reading (A)
Wolves (H)
I'm think there was a card that was given to him in a game in a case of mistaken identity but I can't remember it and one of these may be the reason I think he's on 10. Hope I'm wrong as I'd hate for us to get done playing an ineligible player and then docked points!!
the one against brentford in the cup got changed to lewis dunk as the ref booked greer who didnt make the foul it was dunk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here