Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unnecessary repeated use of different words that mean the same thing

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If a train goes missing do they send out a search engine? Sorry, that's a whole different thread.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I can't disagree with any of this. In no way, shape or form.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The problem is that are teachers don't know there arses from they're elbows. They should of and could of spent more time spending you're money making sure their are less chances that were loose out in overall educational standards.

To improve it even more,
The problem is that hour teacher's dont no there arse's from they're elbow's. They should of and could of spent more time spending you're money making shore their are less chance's that were loose out in overall educational standards.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The problem is that are teachers don't know there arses from they're elbows. They should of and could of spent more time spending you're money making sure their are less chances that were loose out in overall educational standards.

Taken from the Albion twitter feed this evening:-

[Tweet]448201265001279489[/Tweet]

Did [MENTION=15895]brightonmark1234[/MENTION] get a job in the Albion media department?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I totally, utterly and completely agree 100% with the original starter of this thread

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
To 'understand' is to comprehend the meaning of something while to 'comprehend' is to understand the meaning of it.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I recently had a conversation with someone where he talked about a friend who neither "comprehended or understood" what he was trying to say. I then asked him, politely, what the actual difference was between the meaning of the words "comprehend" and "understand."He was neither able to help or assist. Can anyone advise?

He was guilty of a grammatic tautology.

It's an unexplained mystery why Asda chose this tautlogical phrase to be carved in rock outside their stores; "Permanently low prices forever". Grrrrr!

As any fule kno it should of course be "Permanently cheaper prices forever"

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I gets me when people say 'begs the question' when what they really mean is 'raises the question'. Grr!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

hang on a moment, "should have and could have", shirley?...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
CJ: What this is about, Sam, is you're a high-profile, very visible, much-noticed member --
Sam: You just said three things that all mean the same thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here