Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Even if Connolly is up to PL football, to loan out Andone is taking hell of a risk that Connolly, Maupay or the soon to be 36 years old Glenn Murray don’t get injured or a sending off before January.
Struggling to think of another PL club that would take a risk like this.

In terms of the Premier League clubs, our attacking prowess is now undoubtedly the poorest. You couldn't make it up. And to think we started the new campaign so well. Bloody hell....I'm so fed up tonight.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
We now play with an interchangeable front 3. If Andone goes, then that front 3 can be chosen from:

Maupay
Murray
Trossard
Ali J
Gross
Connolly
March
izquierdo (When fit again)

Did Propper play behind the striker for Holland too?

I'm pissed off if this is true.

However we coped just fine with hemed and muzza for the first half of our first season and there was a LOT of panic at that time.

With hindsight it's a massive shame now we didn't keep Hemed up until Christmas.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That was with Muzza at the top of his game. He’s not been at that level for a while now. He was never going to go on forever, even though it seemed he was.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
One thing I do like is the name Andone Bony or indeed Bony Andone.

Bony Andone Connolly, I like that too.

Or Connolly Bony (mystery) Loanee.

I like all of them.

Kosh, bank holiday was last week. Stop drinking now.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Point is that if the club are letting Andone go then there are clearly issues.

A capable player, but a walking red card.

They see him day in day out. So if they are letting him go then I'm not feeling the need to cast judgement on what I know nothing of.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

They see him day in day out. So if they are letting him go then I'm not feeling the need to cast judgement on what I know nothing of.

Fine. Your choice. The rest of us will just have a moan.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
[tweet]1168272798671888384[/tweet]

If I am right this is the twitter account of a young lad I work with... Nothing to see here.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Sure, and if they're letting him go then I'm not angry with the club, but I'm disappointed to be learning that there's an issue with a player I like - an issue big enough that he has to leave.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Concur. Wasn’t a fan of Andone because of his lack of discipline. If he’s not on the pitch then he really isn’t much use. Strange timing but you know what...we will survive this!

The coincidence of Knocky also being moved out in somewhat mysterious circumstances (man of the match against City at Wembley only a few months ago), seems to point to the notion that the “difficult” players are being axed.

I think most of us would wish we had such a strong structure at the club that we could cope with one or two of them.

Anyway it’s a risk as both these players were ideally suited to this more progressive style everyone is talking about

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Andone is a walking red card and I can't imagine him winning a popularity contest in his own home. He's also a brilliant finisher on his day and quicker than Murray (but, then again, Duffy is probably quicker than Murray) and one annoying little ferret of a player. I'd have hated to play against him.

I've always thought he could have been Romania's answer to Jamie Vardy. That needs careful handling though. If a bloke with a Masters in doing exactly that cannot manage it then youl have to ask yourself why we pursued his signature for a year or longer and why we binned him and Locadia off outside the EPL transfer window. I get that Maupay has replaced one of them and therefore you could argue that Connelly replaces the other but we look weaker now than three weeks ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here