Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to cash in on Andone and promote Connelly

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure what your point is, as doesn’t make sense

But as with any player it’s impossible to judge how they will do based on U23 performances. The real test and judgement will be when he plays first team football.

My point is that if the ball lands at his feet he usually puts them away but he does very little to make them land at his feet with his positioning etc.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Connolly will probably be in the squad Tuesday and people will then see that he is nowhere near ready for a first team spot here.
Well, you certainly will - you made up your mind he wasn't ready months ago, if not longer.................

Yes and he puts away the chances given to him, but he doesnt make many chances so I think he would make even less in The Premier.
"He puts away chances" - yes, that is the point. He's that sort of striker, he puts away chances - that's his job. That's all Greaves did, or Linaker, or Fowler, Rush, Wright, Shearer, etc, etc.
There are other players whose job it is to make chances.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Point I was trying to make with my post, was that we have a young striker chomping at the bit, Andone let himself and the club down today. He’s now suspended, time for Connolly to step up to the plate and if it means us cashing in on Andone then so be it !

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
Keep. Love his passion. Gives100% bad challenge today.

Andone has got pace scores goals ,we are going to need him this season ,on the starting line up every game for me . Puts himself about but needs to know how far to go with the aggression maybe good its happened early in the season , big 3 points lost .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Point I was trying to make with my post, was that we have a young striker chomping at the bit, Andone let himself and the club down today. He’s now suspended, time for Connolly to step up to the plate and if it means us cashing in on Andone then so be it !

That's got lost in the thread, but it's a great point. Under Hughton young players had to complete a rigorous set of training sessions with the first team before being considered. We've got players not even in the 18 (Ali J) who were first teamers last season and a new start for the U23s. Andone (and anyone else who screws up) should be looking over their shoulders.

That fact alone makes me wonder if all of Andone's screws are in place.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It's more fun to spell Conolly's name wrong as it seems to give AZ Gull an aneurysm every time someone has the cheek of misspelling it. Alternatively he gets a chub on everytime he can call someone out on spelling it wrong, like anyone else gives a flying ****.

I'm in the AZ Gull corner. Spelling and typing is not difficult to combine. It matters and I do give a flying f***. That's one of the many reasons I dislike teachers who have allowed correct spelling to be treated as an irrelevance and helped release 'would of' in to the world.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
My point is that if the ball lands at his feet he usually puts them away but he does very little to make them land at his feet with his positioning etc.

I’m even more confused

He doesn’t do anything to make the ball land at his feet and his positioning isn’t very good.

So what your saying is all of his goals are actual blind luck ?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Have you got a Masters in Leadership and Emotional Intelligence then? Has Hughton? Potter has. I'd trust his reaction. quite frankly.

Tell you what, if Andone gets another straight red before Christmas I'll donate £20 to REMF. Care to take the opposite bet?

Ha. He won't, because he won't play :)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
That's got lost in the thread, but it's a great point. Under Hughton young players had to complete a rigorous set of training sessions with the first team before being considered. We've got players not even in the 18 (Ali J) who were first teamers last season and a new start for the U23s. Andone (and anyone else who screws up) should be looking over their shoulders.

That fact alone makes me wonder if all of Andone's screws are in place.

Our front 3 is now so interchangeable , one **** up and we have quality in our squad for somebody to come in and take their chance and make a name for themselves, that includes Connolly !

If there was a pecking order for our front three Andone is now below Ali J and Connolly!

Trossard
Gross
Maupay
Murray
Locadia
Connolly
Ali J
Andone

Lots of combinations and lots of competition,

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Andone is a quality player. But he is a liability too.

Not sure how to get round it.

I’ll take a mediocre over slightly more than (let’s not kid ourselves, we’re not talking genius) if latter is always getting sent off. Needs to be on pitch to make a difference and he ain’t doing that suspended. Get rid. Too much of a proven liability for my liking.

happyseagull

Dec 15, 2008
Loughborough
Don’t mind players that have an edge, but only if they can be game changer....apart from the amazing goal against Palace he is not one that can change the game enough to warrant the risk of that happening again, feel for him as today was his chance so he was clearly pumped up but he didn’t take his chance so I’d give Connolly a go for the next few games.

Everyone is waxing lyrical about Dan Burn, he is doing well seeing as he has been propelled into the Premier league but can someone teach him the offside rule please, just taught my lads U11 team offside and they seem to have more of an understanding �� Burn switched off for second Soton goal too so as GP keeps saying, we need to keep improving

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ship out Andone (a liability) and Locadia (should never wear the stripes again, imho) , before the European window closes. Promote Connelly and Gyorkes from the U23s to the matchday squad...............
I don't think we can recall Gyokeres from St. Pauli.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here