Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Look for dossard No. 5 pretty much as soon as the video starts. Then be sure to watch all of the video. It's absolutely brilliant!

The link seems to take you into half way. Don't watch from there. Watch from the very beginning.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Lost for words hearing about the death of Bjorg Lambrecht today in the Tour of Poland. Such a talented kid with a great career ahead of him. Stunned....

What! That makes me feel physically sick reading this as I was just about to watch stage 3 on catch up.

I'm lost for words, aside from thoughts and prayers with friends and family.

As you say, such a massive talent.

RIP

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
What! That makes me feel physically sick reading this as I was just about to watch stage 3 on catch up.

I'm lost for words, aside from thoughts and prayers with friends and family.

As you say, such a massive talent.

RIP

I was the same 10....still cant believe it this morning. He was destined for great things I reckon.
Saw a video on a Belgian news site this morning and, while you (thankfully) cant see him or the crash directly (you just hear it before the camera pans around), it looks like he simply went off the edge of the road into a ditch, and struck a concrete pillar / gate to someones property. The peloton were rolling along a straight bit of road quite calmly at the time. 6ft either side and I think he probably would've climbed back on and finished the stage. Absolutely heartbreaking & cruel...

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
RIP Bjorg Lambrecht. Felt a bit sick reading that.

How is the hand [MENTION=2878]Woodchip[/MENTION]. And well done for doing the sort of thing I would have done.

Took my stuff to Spain but didn't hire a bike in the end. Too much of a kerfuffle and far too fukken hot.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
After my bike got from the station during that fateful day we got our arses handed to us by Cardiff the replacement arrived today:clap::clap::O:O

A significant upgrade on what I had that's for sure.

Been for a blast through the woods this afternoon and loved it, first full sus mtb for me, made riding over the dried up hoof marks from horses a lot less uncomfortable:D:D

This is NEVER going near a train station cycle rack.

Looking forward to tomorrows commute now and cant wait....

Need to get my fitness back first and the old padded shorts will be dug out for the first time in a while too....:blush::blush::lol:

Been trying to upload a picture but it wont do it 'upload of jpeg..... failed":censored::rant:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
first full sus mtb ...
...Been trying to upload a picture but it wont do it 'upload of jpeg..... failed":censored::rant:

Phew, bullet dodged.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
[MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION] Had my op on the hand. 4 weeks in this cast, then by the sounds of it I get a removable one so I can exercise my hand. Probably another 6-8 off the bike. Good job it's not summer.

Bored of being useless already. Lol

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Out with my mate Phil today and he's gone oval.

Says he likes it, thinks it's improved his pedalling but recons it doesn't make him any less fatigued.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
lofUjMLw_400x400.jpg

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
After my bike got from the station during that fateful day we got our arses handed to us by Cardiff the replacement arrived today:clap::clap::O:O

A significant upgrade on what I had that's for sure.

Been for a blast through the woods this afternoon and loved it, first full sus mtb for me, made riding over the dried up hoof marks from horses a lot less uncomfortable:D:D

This is NEVER going near a train station cycle rack.

Looking forward to tomorrows commute now and cant wait....

Need to get my fitness back first and the old padded shorts will be dug out for the first time in a while too....:blush::blush::lol:

Been trying to upload a picture but it wont do it 'upload of jpeg..... failed":censored::rant:

Great stuff.

What is the make and model? Is it a 29er?

I have been cycling in ski resorts in the Pyrenees recently on my FSR Stumpjumper and it is the most fun I have ever had on two wheels. Ignore Stat, as usual, the man is an elitist philistine. :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
New bike has arrived...very pleased with it, despite the absolutely awful experience I've had with Tredz. I was worried about the colour, but needn't have been - it looks lovely. In the process of putting a few bits on & making it my own and will await the vouchers / compensation they are sending me as an apology for taking 2 months to get it sorted!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
New bike has arrived...very pleased with it, despite the absolutely awful experience I've had with Tredz. I was worried about the colour, but needn't have been - it looks lovely. In the process of putting a few bits on & making it my own (the front wheel / tyre will be swapped out for the same as the rear when I get a chance) and will await the vouchers / compensation they are sending me as an apology for taking 2 months to get it sorted!

Pics!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here