Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Relegation Thread - 2019/2020 Season

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Think the Newcastle odds are generous. Squad significantly weakened and miracle-working manager gone, unless takeover (looks unlikely - incoming investors wouldn’t want Bruce) happens can’t see them surviving

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Unless ones glass is more than overflowing we have to be nailed on for a bottom 3 place. The lack of any meaningful investment in the side & aging Murray won’t keep us up. Regrettably bottom place looks nailed on for us. Still the sun is shining in Sussex today!

What pessimistic nonsense, we have invested heavily over the past few windows to the tune of tens of millions. Unfortunately as great as Hughton was he couldn’t find a way to get the best out of that investment. That’s what the new manager is brought in to do.

If he could even get the best from two of our major signings last summer/previous January (Locadia, AJ, Andone, Bissouma) we will be in much better shape. That added to the £20m we have already spent this summer so far.

But I think you all know all this and just fancied a bit of a troll?!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
What pessimistic nonsense, we have invested heavily over the past few windows to the tune of tens of millions. Unfortunately as great as Hughton was he couldn’t find a way to get the best out of that investment. That’s what the new manager is brought in to do.

If he could even get the best from two of our major signings last summer/previous January (Locadia, AJ, Andone, Bissouma) we will be in much better shape. That added to the £20m we have already spent this summer so far.

But I think you all know all this and just fancied a bit of a troll?!

What optimistic nonsense, what if Hughton did get the best out of them? We're going to find out soon enough.

If you didn't know, we get substantially more than 100M every season and therefore major investment should be expected every Summer, particularly with form such as ours in the latter half of last season.

There are gaps in our first team, until these are addressed I can see another scrap coming and significant time spent in the bottom three.

Bottom 3? After tonight’s purchase - surely not ...? 3A4900C4-A33D-427A-AD65-78B646207B43.png

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Forgot Trossard £15m. He looks a cracking buy

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To be fair we have signed two Championship players and a league 1 player to date. From the outside looking in it doesn't look good.

On that negative basis the Albion can’t win, even before a ball is kicked.

It’s often argued that we should look at Championship players, as others had (Bmuff - Brooks). Now we’ve done just that.

We’re not in the same league as West Ham and Leicester who somehow these days find £40m for sure-bets.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
On that negative basis the Albion can’t win, even before a ball is kicked.

It’s often argued that we should look at Championship players, as others had (Bmuff - Brooks). Now we’ve done just that.

We’re not in the same league as West Ham and Leicester who somehow these days find £40m for sure-bets.
Even Newcastle have bought a player for 40m

As much as we are all impressed with the money spent we are still very much looking in the bargain basement of the EPL.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

As much as we are all impressed with the money spent we are still very much looking in the bargain basement of the EPL.

my guess is, geordies...eggs in one basket

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

We don’t have the finances to spend £40m plus on a player, with the wages they’d demand. Plus the FFP rules come into play ... I don’t profess to understand them, but learned others have pointed them out as a further constraint on the club.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
We don’t have the finances to spend £40m plus on a player, with the wages they’d demand. Plus the FFP rules come into play ... I don’t profess to understand them, but learned others have pointed them out as a further constraint on the club.

equal highest earner clauses, plus the no nobends rule

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here