Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chris Hughton leaves with immediate effect

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Others also forget how those equally vital losses to Cardiff x 2 & Burnley were largely due to awful refereeing decisions against us.

Especially the most blatant handball you will ever see in a penalty area.

Camp Freddy

Sep 23, 2004
Wiltshire

Hardly #togthether after a tough season making the person largely responsible for the success the scapegoat, and putting him out of a job. No one else responsible for the dip in form? Recruitment team? Some of the players performing below par? #together is great in the good times, but it means so much more when the going gets tough.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Hardly #togthether after a tough season making the person largely responsible for the success the scapegoat, and putting him out of a job. No one else responsible for the dip in form? Recruitment team? Some of the players performing below par? #together is great in the good times, but it means so much more when the going gets tough.

Because you know for a fact CH is going to be the only scapegoat ?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I feel disappointed for him and I gave him the benefit of the doubt over the recruitment policy of the club.

Clearly the club do have faith in the recruitment but not Chris's coaching team, training methods and style of play and the club believe that the players should be performing a lot better. Maybe Hughton is just a bit too old school for the modern game? I blamed the bad performances on crap players but it probably goes deeper than that behind the scenes.

I am pretty certain that the club have already hired the new manager and coaching staff but my heart goes out to Chris and his family because this would have been a massive shock to them.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
1 class manager sacked by 3 different clubs when he’s delivered what has been asked of him! outcome exactly the same, timing is irrelevant, our club has now become “just another club” can’t see it any other way at the moment I’m afraid.
#Together :sick:

Yeah, I'm sure it's just a coincidence...

NogansRun

Aug 8, 2016
How many points would have been acceptable for Chris to keep his job - 38, 39, 40? It is a sad fact that (probably) the best manager we've ever had has been badly let down by certain players with their abject performances since the new year. Chris Hughton will always be a legend for me, but at least we can now look for a manager whose name might get spelt correctly by more than 50% of users on here.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How many points would have been acceptable for Chris to keep his job - 38, 39, 40? It is a sad fact that (probably) the best manager we've ever had has been badly let down by certain players with their abject performances since the new year. Chris Hughton will always be a legend for me, but at least we can now look for a manager whose name might get spelt correctly by more than 50% of users on here.

At least the same amount of points as last season would have been a good start.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I gave up reading after 25 pages.....has anyone accused the club or Bloom of being racist yet?

Darren Moore @ The Mirror

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Shocked and disappointed. I think Chris deserved at least another season. Such a lovely bloke and I was proud he was our manager.

I really hope we don't end up regretting this decision. If we hire someone like Pardew or McLaren I'm giving up on the club.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Interesting wording in the article in the Argus.

Said about Bloom not wanting to invest in CH for another transfer window. Some on here would have you believe CH had little input on transfers.

I think this is the wrong conclusion tbf. Certain managers can attract different types of players and make negotiations easier. Every game that we play is an advert for us and the manager so if the manager's advert is poor it is hard to recruit.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I don’t want to speak badly of CH he will always be a legend at this club for what he has achieved.

I can’t help thinking the fact when the chips were down in that series of home games his inability to galvanize the team and get the results to get us over the line are what cost him.

Dyche, Warnock etc seem to be able to squeeze every single inch out of the players they work with. However since Xmas for whatever reason we looked to be doing the exact opposite with a team that looked nervous, scared and often like 11 individuals rather than a team.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I don’t want to speak badly of CH he will always be a legend at this club for what he has achieved.

I can’t help thinking the fact when the chips were down in that series of home games his inability to galvanize the team and get the results to get us over the line are what cost him.

Dyche, Warnock etc seem to be able to squeeze every single inch out of the players they work with. However since Xmas for whatever reason we looked to be doing the exact opposite with a team that looked nervous, scared and often like 11 individuals rather than a team.

Burnley had an awful first half of the season.
Cardiff got relegated.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I think this is the wrong conclusion tbf. Certain managers can attract different types of players and make negotiations easier. Every game that we play is an advert for us and the manager so if the manager's advert is poor it is hard to recruit.

I agree... I think CH had plenty to do with who came in and who didn’t.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Burnley had an awful first half of the season.
Cardiff got relegated.

Missing the point, Burnley when the chips were down after being distracted by Europa league improved and fought there way out of it. Cardiff got better as the season went on and would have caught us.

We had no fight or desire when we needed it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here