Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For the love of god please go for it Saturday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What do you think the score will be then if we play like last night? ???

Something respectable like 2-0 or 3-0.
The world shrugs its shoulders and says, only to be expected. Brighton are the lowest placed team left in the cup.

5-0 is a humiliation.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Lol! That “strategy” didn’t even work at Millwall, thankfully their keeper helped us out massively to paper over the cracks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Low ranked Premier League team struggle against Millwall at The Den in FA Cup tie.

HOLD THE FRONT PAGE...!!!!

Crennis

Apr 13, 2011
Pompey (send help!)
Much as I'd love us to go for it and play all out attacking football in a "one off match" what then happens in the subsequent league games where Dunky/Duffy/Maty are suspended due to the red cards they picked up from wild last ditch one-on-one tackles in a desperate attempt to stem break up City's counterattacks.

I seem to remember heading into the play off final everyone said an attacking Brizzle City side* would be all over us but we kept it tight and got the penalty we needed.

*not for one second comparing 2004 2nd Division Bristol City's ability to 2019 Premier League Man City.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Applies to the fans as well. Yes we're probably going to lose, but let's give it a real go and keep supporting the team even if the score mounts.

And no one leave early! :)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Millwall, who previously have knocked out five Premier League clubs, from the cup.
Quite - but adding that would have made for rather a long headline...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Was really excited to have a ticket for Saturday, thinking it may be a big waste of money.
My wife has been wanting to go to the new Wembley and urged me to get tickets (I'm not a STH so I've had to use friends). She baulked a bit when I said the tickets were £80 each, but I said we've paid about that for some opera tickets in the past - and like opera we'll hopefully enjoy the performance even if it probably won't have a happy ending!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This will sound like heresy, but I will be relieved when we're out of the cup. I think it has been too much of a distraction.
Last season, Southampton got to the semi finals, but also escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth, with Swansea going instead, right at the death.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Something respectable like 2-0 or 3-0.
The world shrugs its shoulders and says, only to be expected. Brighton are the lowest placed team left in the cup.

5-0 is a humiliation.

You don't think City are capable of scoring 5 against a side who don't leave their own half for 90 minutes?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The problem is we are not set up to be an out and out attacking team as our central midfield is not quick enough...that is the reality of us playing against arguably the best team in the world at the moment, who can play a 17 year old who is far better than our team put together.

Hughton will not go for it...he is looking at the bigger picture of staying in the league we are in and in his eyes, continue to play the way we do, and hopefully keep them to 1 or 2 and as the game goes on nick a goal or two.

There will be over 30 thousand of us cheering the team on and I really hope the team respond to that.

I know " that is the spirit" but I really do hope we are not tonked!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Low ranked Premier League team struggle against Millwall at The Den in FA Cup tie.

HOLD THE FRONT PAGE...!!!!

I think you've missed the point somewhat, this great vaunted strategy you talk of couldnt even keep out a lowly championship team, however once we were forced to push and play more positive we managed a couple of goals.

Funny that

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Once they have the game sewn up at 2-0 or 3-0, they'll conserve their energy for the quadruple.

so they're 3-0 up at half time, and they'll conserve their energy when through on goal in the 2nd half by doing what? Kicking it over the bar? ???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Was really excited to have a ticket for Saturday, thinking it may be a big waste of money.

I will be honest after getting into the car and hearing the result, I felt exactly the same. I hope they really have a go as I turned down the first week of a season long competition and our monthly medal for this as well as the £64 and £ 27 for the coach fee.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Agreed and let's take the game to them. The boys need to show confidence and get under their skins and maybe, just maybe, we will be living the dream .....

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yes, please go for it, we have NOTHING to lose on Saturday and more importantly don't sing "We're proud of you" or "Brighton till I die" both IMO are defeatist songs and remind me of that reply all those year's ago

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Applies to the fans as well. Yes we're probably going to lose, but let's give it a real go and keep supporting the team even if the score mounts.

And no one leave early! :)

If we go for it and are 4 down after 20 minutes some 'fans' will be leaving

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here