Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’ve got a mate who is a huge Elton John fan, and when Goodbye Yellow Brick Road was released, he decided to copy the album sleeve, 6ft by 4ft for his bedroom wall. He’s a very good artist, and can copy just about anything,even so, it took him about 6 weeks, on and off to do. He very proudly displayed the finished article, and, tbf it was very impressive, he had everything in the correct perspective, the colouring was perfect, it was an exact copy, except it was about 4 times the size of the original.

And, he had missed out the ‘B’ in ‘Goodbye’.

He ripped it up.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Thought he was great tonight.

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
As others above have said he put on a superb show this evening. He has stayed at the top of his profession for 50 years and you can see why. Also we should not forget what his Elton John Aids Foundation has done for millions of people worldwide. He did mention Brexit last night but only to say the vote was to leave and that we should be united as a country to make that happen rather than have the in-fighting that is currently happening.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Saw Rocketman at the flicks last night

Not a patch on BR earlier this year - they tried to make it more of a musical with every character having a singing part and a busy dance troupe - I wanted more of his story - nothing of David until the credits rolled ...

Ho hum !

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Saw Rocketman at the flicks last night

Not a patch on BR earlier this year - they tried to make it more of a musical with every character having a singing part and a busy dance troupe - I wanted more of his story - nothing of David until the credits rolled ...

Ho hum !

Completely agree.
We saw it Monday....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just a question and not meant as a wind-up to Elton fans: didn't he do his best work around 45 years ago?

Yep just like the Stones and the Who but as long as there are people willing to pay to see them they’ll keep on trucking

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No, I'm British, and comfortable with that. Happy to live in friendship alongside Europe (and as a part of the geographical continent of Europe), yes, absolutely, but no, I don't identify as (to use a current popular expression) European.

I'm sorry but that makes you sound a LOT like a Little Englander. No offence meant.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Genius songwriter.

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road being my favourite.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Just a question and not meant as a wind-up to Elton fans: didn't he do his best work around 45 years ago?

I don't know about the year but basically his best work was before he went into rehab. By some distance. Rehab turned him into a bitter old queen.
[MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION], you are wrong. Bernie Taupin done his lyrics. John put them to music and yes, that was genius.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't know about the year but basically his best work was before he went into rehab. By some distance. Rehab turned him into a bitter old queen.
[MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION], you are wrong. Bernie Taupin done his lyrics. John put them to music and yes, that was genius.

To be fair, I was under the impression he's mellowed since he cut down on the substance abuse.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep just like the Stones and the Who but as long as there are people willing to pay to see them they’ll keep on trucking

I am struggling to think of anyone who has been around a long time who is still writing stuff to match the music of their hayday. Perhaps I'll start a thread......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here