Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Goodies

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Graeme Garden is unassuming but very funny. The opening sequence to The Goodies and the Beanstalk when they're living as tramps is brilliant.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Some good tunes n all. Bought my son the best of CD and all the DVDs when he was a little un and he loved them. So did I. Might not be the most sophisticated stuff but plenty of amusing silliness - much of which still stands up

Remember that classic North Stand chant at the Goldstone: "If you all hate Bill Oddie, clap your hands"?

:dunce:
No - why would they sing that?

the_goodies_trandem_is_up_for_auction

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
When I was about 9 The Goodies was my favourite programme, I used to roll about and on one occasion actually pissed my pyjamas I was laughing so much.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Loved it. But I was about 7. The Dougal sketch lingers in the memory.

Jul 7, 2003
The Goodies were another of those great 60s/70s comedy groups that started out under the wing of David Frost - like Python and the Two Ronnies.

They were quite ahead of their time and behind the silliness were some serious political messages. I believe the episode where the police raided the flat came about after Bill Oddie had a run in with the police at a demonstration.

For those unsure about Bill Oddie, check out his really early radio work in I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again - he was one of the creative forces behind that topical show and was responsible for most of the musical numbers.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I am trying to recollect when i first heard:
Bill Oddie
Bill Oddie
Put your hands all over my body

And also by who sang that version.

May well have been rathergood.com

Home of 'Holding Back The Ears' and 'Bunny's Too Tight To Mention'

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Bought a compilation dvd for my kids, as I loved it when I was young. They watch that or the Young Ones before school and love them both. It reminded me why alternative comedy blew the Goodies out of the water. Whilst occasionally funny and full of great comedy concepts, it is also often racist and sexist but mostly just facile and weak. However, saw the Pirate Post Office episode a couple of years ago and it was very funny..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here