Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Thanks for his Pearl (and indeed so many of your selections). I'm so slow on the uptake sometimes - we ripped this off didn't we - it was chanted often - especially but not exclusively at the Goldstone.

We're going (ganning?) down the Shoreham Road - to see the Brighton Aces.

Many times I have referred to us as the Aces - but generally only if we are in a bit of a state

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Thanks for his Pearl (and indeed so many of your selections). I'm so slow on the uptake sometimes - we ripped this off didn't we - it was chanted often - especially but not exclusively at the Goldstone.

Many times I have referred to us as the Aces - but generally only if we are in a bit of a state

Probably my poor memory Trevor but in the second half of the 1970s I recall it as running along the Shoreham Road to see Alan Mullery’s Aces - or it may well be I was just singing it incorrectly!

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Ooh it’s a corner;9793475 said:
Probably my poor memory Trevor but in the second half of the 1970s I recall it as running along the Shoreham Road to see Alan Mullery’s Aces - or it may well be I was just singing it incorrectly!
Hmm - guessing it changed over time - my first matches were under Lloyd. Definitely recall Shareham Road to see the Brighton Aces but can't remember when.

Anyhow's thanks for the post and importantly we beat the barcodes. Enjoyed the fact that one of their classier fans referred to Bruce as Greggs on legs

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

A group of us were singing 'our' version in a Brighton pub after a match at Withdean .... the barman was from Newcastle and asked why we were singing Blaydon Races :) ..... he gave us a free drink too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here