Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Every time I hear this I can’t help thinking how similar Al Stewart’s voice is to the singer of the Pet Shop Boys. Random I know :smile:

Excellent live version of a classic

https://youtu.be/tqW4xIr7nj0

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Beverly Hills Cop is still a 'Must Watch' film for me whenever it's on, and as soon as you hear that sax intro you know what's coming, almost as iconic as the sax in Baker Street.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One of my all time favourite songs, must have played this thousands of times and it still sounds fresh to me. A band that deserved more success but was always overshadowed by the Eagles who also tempted Randy Meisner and Timothy B Schmidt away. Country Rock, love it

https://youtu.be/JF91ul0ZR64

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
One of my favourite songs by my personal marmite artist. The album this comes from is Wrecking Ball. I hate the first track on the album, but love this version of Steve Earle's beautiful song which is the second track:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Two birds with one stone, I know this masterpiece has been posted several times on this thread, but I have a different reason for posting this version. Nobody can argue that the definitive vocal performance of this classic belongs to Claire Torrie who sung it on the Dark Side Of The Moon album, that's a given, no argument. But by God, Sam Brown (along with the other singers) gives it a damn good run for its money in this performance, the sad news is that Sam sadly lost her singing voice in 2007 following an operation on her vocal chords. The very talented daughter of Joe Brown was only 42 when it happened and had had her own success as a singer/songwriter as well as backing vocalist for many of our great bands/artists.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here