Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Because they might have been told how welcoming you are and that you wish to help them . I am sure that you will be pleased to do this.

I don’t think you have grasped the basics of this. I am very happy for some of my considerable taxes to be spent providing humane shelter and sustenance for asylum seekers and believe we all have a duty to contribute to helping out our fellow humans and this should be facilitated by a government with asylum seekers well-being in mind.
I wouldn’t want a stranger whose background isn’t yet verified, living under the same roof as me or my loved ones. That’s just common sense.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Do you have a problem with Albanian citizens, or just those who indulge in criminal activity?

Albanians made up 10 per cent of the 9,283 foreign nationals held in jails compared with 2 per cent in 2013 when a deal was signed to enable the compulsory transfer of prisoners to Albania to serve their sentences there. ... The number of Albanians in jail has soared from 212 in March 2013 to 999 in March this year. For many years when I lived in Germany, they had a terrible reputation, and I am sure that this will still be the case. Doubtless, there will also be many respectable folk, but on balance, I would not take the risk.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I don’t think you have grasped the basics of this. I am very happy for some of my considerable taxes to be spent providing humane shelter and sustenance for asylum seekers and believe we all have a duty to contribute to helping out our fellow humans and this should be facilitated by a government with asylum seekers well-being in mind.
I wouldn’t want a stranger whose background isn’t yet verified, living under the same roof as me or my loved ones. That’s just common sense.

Oh, I think have grasped this very well, and your response is just sadly typical of those who profess to welcome them. Let's make ourselves look good, and say nice things, but please can they be housed well away, and someone else can welcome them. IF you don't trust them to live under your roof, which I can fully appreciate, why should someone else?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh, I think have grasped this very well, and your response is just sadly typical of those who profess to welcome them. Let's make ourselves look good, and say nice things, but please can they be housed well away, and someone else can welcome them. IF you don't trust them to live under your roof, which I can fully appreciate, why should someone else?

I don’t think anyone else should. They should be housed in secure accommodation until they have been assessed and processed.

Just because I’m sympathetic to their situation doesn’t mean I feel obliged to take one into my house.

I’m sympathetic to the plight of the Snow Leopard. I don’t have any of those in my house either.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Albanians made up 10 per cent of the 9,283 foreign nationals held in jails compared with 2 per cent in 2013 when a deal was signed to enable the compulsory transfer of prisoners to Albania to serve their sentences there. ... The number of Albanians in jail has soared from 212 in March 2013 to 999 in March this year. For many years when I lived in Germany, they had a terrible reputation, and I am sure that this will still be the case. Doubtless, there will also be many respectable folk, but on balance, I would not take the risk.

Gosh, an 8% increase in what, 7 years? I'm sure the 'respectable folk' (who are clearly in the minority, in your eyes), will be heartened by your outlook and fully understand your position.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Gosh, an 8% increase in what, 7 years? I'm sure the 'respectable folk' (who are clearly in the minority, in your eyes), will be heartened by your outlook and fully understand your position.

We want good British crims in good British prisons.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...an-London-hotel-bailed-live-migrant-camp.html

Rape suspect who 'attacked a woman in a London hotel' is bailed to live in a migrant camp where fellow asylum seeker is accused of harassment

The suspect, who's said to be from Sudan, was arrested by police on November 8
Was released on bail and sent to live at former Napier Barracks, Folkestone, Kent
Source said it 'beggared belief' that the two migrants were at former base on bail

In a separate incident, another migrant housed at the barracks has been arrested for alleged sexual harassment of a female charity worker.

The 30-year-old was arrested this week over claims that he sent explicit messages and images to the victim.

He has been allowed out on bail and is still living at the camp.

Jan 30, 2008
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...an-London-hotel-bailed-live-migrant-camp.html

Rape suspect who 'attacked a woman in a London hotel' is bailed to live in a migrant camp where fellow asylum seeker is accused of harassment

The suspect, who's said to be from Sudan, was arrested by police on November 8
Was released on bail and sent to live at former Napier Barracks, Folkestone, Kent
Source said it 'beggared belief' that the two migrants were at former base on bail

In a separate incident, another migrant housed at the barracks has been arrested for alleged sexual harassment of a female charity worker.

The 30-year-old was arrested this week over claims that he sent explicit messages and images to the victim.

He has been allowed out on bail and is still living at the camp.

He just needs a cuddle doesn't he ? , any right ons want to give him one :tosser:
Regards
DF

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Daily Mail....:facepalm:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ilty-murdering-girl-7-stabbed-death-park.html

Schizophrenic Albanian woman who stabbed seven-year-old girl to death at random in front of her parents in park on Mother's Day was brought to UK by people smugglers and had been in and out of institutions

Eltiona Skana denied murdering Emily Jones but pleaded guilty to manslaughter
The paranoid schizophrenic killed the seven-year-old in a park in Bolton in March
Skana, 30, was smuggled into the UK in a lorry and was sectioned repeatedly
Though she refused treatment, Skana was released back into the community
Prosecution today dropped the case due to no realistic prospect of a conviction

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ilty-murdering-girl-7-stabbed-death-park.html

Schizophrenic Albanian woman who stabbed seven-year-old girl to death at random in front of her parents in park on Mother's Day was brought to UK by people smugglers and had been in and out of institutions

Eltiona Skana denied murdering Emily Jones but pleaded guilty to manslaughter
The paranoid schizophrenic killed the seven-year-old in a park in Bolton in March
Skana, 30, was smuggled into the UK in a lorry and was sectioned repeatedly
Though she refused treatment, Skana was released back into the community
Prosecution today dropped the case due to no realistic prospect of a conviction

The mental health care system in this country is in dire need of an overhaul.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The mental health care system in this country is in dire need of an overhaul.

Completely missing the point she came into this country illegally via the help of people traffickers.
But ****wits like you scream refugees welcome and still lump illegal immigrants and economic migrants into that category of refugees........because you are stupid.
well done you

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How can you help?

Welcome refugees to your community

Community Sponsorship enables local volunteer groups to resettle a refugee family in their neighbourhood. It’s a big commitment, but an incredible way to welcome refugees into your community. Whether it’s made up of your neighbours, friends or colleagues, if your group has got the time, commitment and can raise the necessary funds – you could transform the lives of a refugee family. Find out more about community sponsorship.

Get your university to offer scholarships or bursaries to refugees
Education is a key element of fostering inclusion, boosting employment and enabling people to rebuild their lives. But entering or continuing higher education is a huge challenge for refugees. Worldwide, just 1% of refugee youth make it to university.

In the UK, you can join the campaign for equal access to higher education for refugees and asylum seekers. Many universities already offer home fees, tuition fee waivers, bursaries and scholarships. Make sure you uni does too. There’s a toolkit to get started from Student Action for Refugees.

Share your home with a refugee
Many single refugees who are not viewed as priorities for housing by local authorities – but finding the money for rent and a deposit is out of reach for many people. Because of this, refugees may homelessness and destitution. We can help prevent this. Schemes like Refugees at Home and Room for Refugees connect people with spare rooms in the UK, with refugees and asylum seekers in need of accommodation.

If that has whetted your appetite, find out more. A great resource.....

https://helprefugees.org/news/9-ways-to-help-refugees-without-donating-money/

Whatever leave voters thought they might get from Brexit, I think we can all agree, the financial impact is going to be pretty disastrous. There are those of yo who would love to help but sadly now, simply cannot afford it. This site has some really good, cost free ways you can advocate for and help refugees in your area. Sometimes all it takes is a welcoming smile :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here