Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Screen Shot 03-20-20 at 04.27 PM.JPG

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The markets aren’t reflecting the state of economy’s since Covid, It’s a bubble waiting to burst the US have pumped billions into the markets to try and keep a float. Money which would be better spent on the people, imagine people being made redundant from their company only to see the companies stock trading at decent levels the two don’t match up. Heard today we could be heading for the worst recession since records began that could be interesting.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so who's winning in crypto?

BHAboi

Jan 26, 2009
BHA
Bought Ethereum in the Covid dip in March to $100 and sold a couple months back at $250 so was on a tidy profit. First got into crypto in early 2017 bull market to see my money 5 fold only to see it go back down to the original price at which I bought at which point I sold lol, learnt my lesson this time around! Am now heavily in the stock market as is still heavily sold off since Covid, things could be about to change with a vaccine on the horizon so believe this is a safer bet than crypto at the moment. Check out IAG (BA) / National Express / Saga / Cineworld all heavily sold off an could be multiples of today is all goes well in the next year or so...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
so who's winning in crypto?

Did pretty well in the recent alt coin run around August time. Probably held on to the down turn a bit too long but still saw profit. Have put it all into BTC for now as volatility on the books for a while. Think we could see a correction soon after the recent pump so might play a short soon with a tight stop loss to mitigate risk.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Did pretty well in the recent alt coin run around August time. Probably held on to the down turn a bit too long but still saw profit. Have put it all into BTC for now as volatility on the books for a while. Think we could see a correction soon after the recent pump so might play a short soon with a tight stop loss to mitigate risk.

Corn is still king! BTC is still the best long term play and there's been some pretty big news the last week, a couple or large banks and some huge financial institutions have started buying. One of them is putting 10% of there entire net worth into BTC, but the real biggie is Paypal has started buying and is going to offer all the ability to pay with BTC in early 2021.

Institutional/wall street/London city money is now flowing in.

Im convinced of where this is going in the medium/long term. I have 25% of my SIPP invested in a Bitcoin derivative and 10% in ETH derivative as well as personal holding in BTC. (got in at $600!)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Im convinced of where this is going in the medium/long term. I have 25% of my SIPP invested in a Bitcoin derivative and 10% in ETH derivative as well as personal holding in BTC. (got in at $600!)

are you aware FCA is looking to ban crypto derivative trading in UK, might want to check you dont get stranded.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Have netted a decent profit after 18 months in and out of BTC/XRP/ETH .
Withdrew all about 2 weeks ago as I got spooked by the J&J vaccine 'issues'.

Won't trade until after the election now.

Dec 29, 2011
Bought Ethereum in the Covid dip in March to $100 and sold a couple months back at $250 so was on a tidy profit. First got into crypto in early 2017 bull market to see my money 5 fold only to see it go back down to the original price at which I bought at which point I sold lol, learnt my lesson this time around! Am now heavily in the stock market as is still heavily sold off since Covid, things could be about to change with a vaccine on the horizon so believe this is a safer bet than crypto at the moment. Check out IAG (BA) / National Express / Saga / Cineworld all heavily sold off an could be multiples of today is all goes well in the next year or so...

Can see Cineworld going bust, especially considering less movies are out in the cinema these days vs streaming sites

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
are you aware FCA is looking to ban crypto derivative trading in UK, might want to check you dont get stranded.

Yes I am. Its from Jan 1st. SIPP is with Hargreaves Lansdown, they've already contacted me. New FCA regs will stop you buying, but not holding what you have. In my SIPP i've been profit taking in other positions to put more in before the deadline, pus ive got bit of cash, will all be in before NYE.

After Jan 1 can only sell

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Last time bitcoin got to this sort of price it crashed spectacularly losing a 1/4 of it's value in a single day, and went from £20k to £4 in under a year...

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Last time bitcoin got to this sort of price it crashed spectacularly losing a 1/4 of it's value in a single day, and went from £20k to £4 in under a year...

It may well pull back again - 20/30% more than once..... but the fundamentals are very different this time. Last time at this price the driver was retail - this time institutions are allocating into Bitcoin with much deeper pocket. In the coming years a multi trillion market cap on Bitcoin would see the price north of $100k. Institutions and family offices are also allocating into Ethereum. See Grayscale investments share price and their inflow of investment (they manage large BTC and Eth portfolios)

Choosing the right altcoins can see much greater returns from todays price - 100x returns in a relatively short space of time for small caps. This comes with high associated risk as in the long term the majority of altcoins fail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here