Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schelotto and Kayal extend deals

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9390536 said:
Hedging our bets while we wait and see what division we're in next year presumably. If we're in the Championship I imagine Kayal will be offered a longer-term deal, if we stay up he'll probably move on (as much as it pains me to say it, I think he's a brilliant player and would love to see he get some Premier League minutes this season)

Love King Kayal, and also hope to see him make a farewell appearance before the end of the season.

I'm sure we won't see him again next year though, irrespective of division - his mrs' ( :love: ) instagram last week featured lots of stuff about packing up their Withdean house.

She also posted a pic with their two kids, and the following caption: "Few weeks left. New challenge will begin, and we can't wait to rock it together @b.kayal7. Brighton, U will always be our hometown."

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Over the last three seasons, whenever an opposition left winger has destroyed us (frequently), 9 times out of 10 Montoya’s been the RB. Even loyal Hughton and positive Potter dropped him, deservedly so.

He lacks pace in defence, gets caught out of position.

Schelotto’s a loose cannon, but imho he’s improved since his comeback from injury.

I actually rate Montoya and think he's had a decent season but he's definitely been in and out of the side and substituted a few times, so wouldn't be surprised to see him go. If he does, I would be surprised if we don't keep Schelotto, as we have other priority positions to focus on for signings. And we can play Alzate there if needed

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Actually quite like Kayal and thought he put some good performances in last season (The King Kayal thread on here is testimony to that), we probably have better options now though

Agreed. Another of the promoted team going would be sad and he played a huge part that season. Was a real shame for him to get injured at the start of our first Premier League season, although he came back to do okay after that. Definitely better options available now but a fantastic player for us and for a very low transfer fee.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Love King Kayal, and also hope to see him make a farewell appearance before the end of the season.

I'm sure we won't see him again next year though, irrespective of division - his mrs' ( :love: ) instagram last week featured lots of stuff about packing up their Withdean house.

She also posted a pic with their two kids, and the following caption: "Few weeks left. New challenge will begin, and we can't wait to rock it together @b.kayal7. Brighton, U will always be our hometown."

:cry:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I like Schelotto

Nothing else to add, that is all

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Over the last three seasons, whenever an opposition left winger has destroyed us (frequently), 9 times out of 10 Montoya’s been the RB. Even loyal Hughton and positive Potter dropped him, deservedly so.

He lacks pace in defence, gets caught out of position.

Schelotto’s a loose cannon, but imho he’s improved since his comeback from injury.

Blimey.....

And Hughton who was defensively minded and played full back didn’t even play Schelotto last season - that should tell you everything.

Positionally he is light years ahead of Schelotto.

Still neither will threaten Lamptey based on last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Last night, with 15 minutes to go, with Dale Stephens on his last legs, and our midfield at risk of being over-run, the situation was CRYING OUT for Beram Kayal to come on and add energy and bite to proceedings.

100% - would be very sorry to see him go at the end of the season, but that aside for now - with a heavy schedule and 5 subs per game I think he's a great option to have on the bench for situations just like this.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Kayal just announced he's off, unsurprisingly.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Kayal just announced he's off, unsurprisingly.

Yup. I loved him as much as his "goodbye" suggests he loves us.

So sorry to see him go. Quicker in mind and body than Stephens. I hope we aren't letting the wrong one go.

But good luck and best wishes to King Kayal whatever his future might hold.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He was a very good midfielder in the Championship, all action with his driving runs and combative nature. He lacks the discipline for the Premier League in a rigid team, but he's Premier League quality in the right team in my opinion. I'm sure he'll be picked up by a south London Championship club so he can carry on living in the most beautiful road in Hove. All the best, King Kayal.

... but on another note, I'm a little bit saddened that Brian won't get to post on this thread.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I absolutely love King Kayal, you always knew you'd get a proper shift out of him no matter what. Even when he came on for the last few minutes of a game he'd still be the hardest working player on the pitch instead of just going through the motions. I'm sure he'll be snapped up and another set of fans will fall in love with him but he's another than can proudly say Once A Seagull, Always A Seagull.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
But we can't live in the past. Schelotto had the flair hair, the speed and the unpredictability. I liked that and he was fun to watch. But too many heart in mouth defensive moments. Kayal, well it's so long since I saw him play that he hasn't really stood out in my memory banks. I go to every home game and I remember thinking he was good for a fair old while, but honestly don't remember his play that much. Every player has his day at a club and theirs are now over.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What a great signing he was. Maybe Millwall should snap him up as a replacement for Molumby?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You've got to be a black belt in NSC in order to use this thread to slag off Stephens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here