Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strong and Stable - Congratulations to Angela Merkel on a 4th term

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As I’m watching the news, it appears that the situation is far from “Strong and Stable”.

Oh dear :lol:

:thumbsup:

Excellent work!

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/22/europe/stuttgart-germany-riot-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

Riots in Stuttgart, Germany, leave dozens arrested and injured

A routine drug arrest in the German city of Stuttgart erupted into violent riots and widespread looting on Sunday night, leaving 24 rioters arrested and 19 police officers injured, said city authorities.
Stuttgart Mayor Fritz Kuhn condemned the riots, calling the violence "unacceptable," and reiterating his support for law enforcement. The riots had crossed a line that neither alcohol nor the will to show off on social media could excuse, he said in a statement Sunday, warning that "violence against emergency services is not tolerated."
The unrest began after police officers conducted checks in the city center relating to reports of drug dealing. After police carried out a preliminary arrest, a crowd of partygoers in the surrounding area allegedly attacked the officers in "solidarity" with the detained suspect, according to a statement from the city government.

The police were initially able to push back the crowd using pepper spray, but tensions escalated quickly, said the statement. At one point, several hundred people were facing off against the police, throwing stones, bottles, and other objects picked up from a construction site.
Rioters, moving through the city in small groups, also targeted city property by damaging billboards and spraying graffiti. At least 30 stores were damaged, and nine reported looting. 12 police patrol cars were "massively damaged," said the government statement.
"Vehicles were hit with poles, posts and windows were smashed," the police said.
Around 300 police officers were deployed in response, including federal police. The unrest finally began dying down in the early hours of the morning, just before dawn.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
ahem....bear pit ...?? i notice , with dismay that any mention of far right , BLM , ethnicity of any kind , black , white , arab , turk has been omitted....how surprising.
and all on the same day that they declare 650 cases of coronavirus at a meat processing facility........i'm really not sure if you could make it up , what a cynic i am .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
ahem....bear pit ...?? i notice , with dismay that any mention of far right , BLM , ethnicity of any kind , black , white , arab , turk has been omitted....how surprising.

Why does it matter? Seems like it started when police searched a 17 year old boy for drug offences near by a rave with a few hundred people at it.

Does every story need to contain race for you?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/22/europe/stuttgart-germany-riot-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

A routine drug arrest in the German city of Stuttgart erupted into violent riots and widespread looting on Sunday night, leaving 24 rioters arrested and 19 police officers injured, said city authorities.
Stuttgart Mayor Fritz Kuhn condemned the riots, calling the violence "unacceptable," and reiterating his support for law enforcement. The riots had crossed a line that neither alcohol nor the will to show off on social media could excuse, he said in a statement Sunday, warning that "violence against emergency services is not tolerated."
The unrest began after police officers conducted checks in the city center relating to reports of drug dealing. After police carried out a preliminary arrest, a crowd of partygoers in the surrounding area allegedly attacked the officers in "solidarity" with the detained suspect, according to a statement from the city government.

The police were initially able to push back the crowd using pepper spray, but tensions escalated quickly, said the statement. At one point, several hundred people were facing off against the police, throwing stones, bottles, and other objects picked up from a construction site.
Rioters, moving through the city in small groups, also targeted city property by damaging billboards and spraying graffiti. At least 30 stores were damaged, and nine reported looting. 12 police patrol cars were "massively damaged," said the government statement.
"Vehicles were hit with poles, posts and windows were smashed," the police said.
Around 300 police officers were deployed in response, including federal police. The unrest finally began dying down in the early hours of the morning, just before dawn.

It's hardly a barrel of laughs in the UK at the moment though is it - stabbings, shootings, etc?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Why does it matter? Seems like it started when police searched a 17 year old boy for drug offences near by a rave with a few hundred people at it.

Does every story need to contain race for you?

ah , there you are sausage .....no it doesn't , just seems to be the first article for some time where it has not been mentioned in some way or other , strangely refreshing actually .......riots not being blamed on the far right , neo nazi's or blm brigade(s)......could it be that the German media is not as hell bent on causing disruption between it's residents....mind you the article is by CNN so its even more surprising that there is no mention at all .

and no , no it doesn't , i find the media fascination with race and ethnicity to be totally counterproductive , inflamatory and to be frank ,verging on evil , you don't even know me and you've got me down as a racist ....que sera , Worthing tsk , wonder how many of the black lads who live in Worthing you know , i know most of them and used to hang around with them in the 80's , never mind eh.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
que sera , Worthing tsk , wonder how many of the black lads who live in Worthing you know , i know most of them and used to hang around with them in the 80's , never mind eh.

Not sure what point you are trying to prove but I imagine Worthing has more ethnic diversity now than it did in the 80s. So yes I probably do know more black people now in Worthing than you did in the 80s. By the way we're a good 30 years from the 80s now, the worlds moved on

Of course the irony in all of this is - you say how refreshing not to mention race, but you were the one that did do it in response to the story he posted. :shrug:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Don't look over here, look over there....

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Not sure what point you are trying to prove but I imagine Worthing has more ethnic diversity now than it did in the 80s. So yes I probably do know more black people now in Worthing than you did in the 80s. By the way we're a good 30 years from the 80s now, the worlds moved on

Of course the irony in all of this is - you say how refreshing not to mention race, but you were the one that did do it in response to the story he posted. :shrug:

ok mate ....i just thought it was noteworthy that no mention was made ....." by the way we're a good 30 years from the 80's now , the worlds moved on " , in some ways mate , in a lot of ways we've gone backwards.....cheers anyway , not going to bitch on the Albion board about stuff that i can't do anything about , i'm not sure in the 21st century why some people can't see beyond skin colour ......i think a lot of them are missing a chromosome or two...:rolleyes::thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here