Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Watching the news on TV, a lot of the high profile UK deaths recently, youngest victim, hospital workers etc are from ethnic minority back grounds. Not sure why.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
4th/5th April sounds about right for the peak doesn't it? 14 days to develop and after that sunny weekend just before lockdown... Unless we calculate 14 days to develop and then the next few days for the virus to take hold and be at it's worse... In which case 11th/12th sounds like another potential peak.

The way Italy curve has been going would make me think the peak will certainly be later than 4 days time from now...I reckon somewhere between 10-15th makes sense.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
4th/5th April sounds about right for the peak doesn't it? 14 days to develop and after that sunny weekend just before lockdown... Unless we calculate 14 days to develop and then the next few days for the virus to take hold and be at it's worse... In which case 11th/12th sounds like another potential peak.

Based purely on the numbers both us and Germany appear to still show a two week lag on Italy/Spain and given the likely transmission route has been mostly public transport during lockdown and numbers there only really properly dropped c5 days ago, in London at least, then I think 11/12th seems more likely but I’m no epidemiologist.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The way Italy curve has been going would make me think the peak will certainly be later than 4 days time from now...I reckon somewhere between 10-15th makes sense.

Mid-April has frequently been mentioned by various epidemiologists as a possible peak in the UK, about three weeks after we went into our version of a lock-down.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We went for bike ride today, and there were noticeably far more cars on Brighton and Hove roads, than over the last week or so.

Then public health officials highlighted today’s significant increase in UK traffic volumes.

Not sure if people can’t bear staying in anymore, or have got overly confident?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
We went for bike ride today, and there were noticeably far more cars on Brighton and Hove roads, than over the last week or so.

Then public health officials highlighted today’s significant increase in UK traffic volumes.

Not sure if people can’t bear staying in anymore, or have got overly confident?

Sadly it was always going to happen as people can’t be trusted.

I think we will see a complete lockdown shortly.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thought today's press briefing was pretty uninspiring. The format (no supplementary questions) doesn't really work in terms of drilling down into key matters. Answers are not always fully aligned to the questions (that's the kindest way I can describe it).

And that is exactly how they want it. Puts them in control.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sadly it was always going to happen as people can’t be trusted.

I think we will see a complete lockdown shortly.

The most ironic thing is what these morons don’t realise, is that by going out and doing that they are only extending this lock down. Where are these people driving even going?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The funny thing is, where are all these cabin-fever fidgets now driving to?

Shirley not yet another trip to join a supermarket queue? Everything else is shut.

I’ve taken a part time time job in ASDA to top up my 80 percent and for something to do to stop me going crazy for 2 months.

I see the same people every shift coming in for a single item or so - can of Coke, bag of crisps etc.

So for some it is!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’ve taken a part time time job in ASDA to top up my 80 percent and for something to do to stop me going crazy for 2 months.

I see the same people every shift coming in for a single item or so - can of Coke, bag of crisps etc.

So for some it is!

Speaking to some ASDA and Sainsbury’s staff over the last month, they all say it’s the same faces who’ve been queuing to get in at 6 or 7am day after day. The moment the doors open, punters literally and comically sprinting for the shelves holding paracetamol, loo rolls, anti-bacterial [not anti-viral] wipes and basmati rice. Punches thrown at times.

The stockpiles of those products at some homes must look ludicrous.

Have you started at early shift in the actual shop yet?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No problem disagreeing I just believe you are being too high handed.
I have tried to aim my disdain at the group who did the report, rather than at people on here. The insults on here have been towards me, not from me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When talking peak, is everyone talking about peak increase in infections, peak hospitalisations, or peak deaths? Each will obviously have a different date.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Speaking to some ASDA and Sainsbury’s staff over the last month, they all say it’s the same faces who’ve been queuing to get in at 6 or 7am day after day. The moment the doors open, punters literally and comically sprinting for the shelves holding paracetamol, loo rolls, anti-bacterial [not anti-viral] wipes and basmati rice. Punches thrown at times.

The stockpiles of those products at some homes must look ludicrous.

Have you started at early shift in the actual shop yet?

I haven’t, but daughter went to her local Asda at 8am this morning and said there were dozens outside waiting when it opened......unfortunately it was an ‘NHS Hour’ 8-9 so they had to carry on waiting......

I don’t get why people are doing it. I’ve been to the ‘main’ supermarket once in the last 2 weeks to get some staples we were getting low on, and to shops within walking distance twice for fresh fruit, veg and meat. Only time I’ve used the car in all that time was for the one supermarket visit. Wife’s car hasn’t been used at all. Only one of us goes to the shop (if we’re out for a walk, still only one of us will go in) - immediately halving the risk of catching/spreading the virus. There’s not even any need to queue up early now......unless I was particularly lucky on my two shop visits, everything I needed was in stock.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I have tried to aim my disdain at the group who did the report, rather than at people on here. The insults on here have been towards me, not from me.

How you perceive yourself isn’t necessarily how others do but again just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here