[Football] Dan Burn signs new deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Haha - without the injury, he was a strong candidate for player of the season. He looks a square peg playing out wide on the left, but he has been unflappable in possession, which we certaibly missed in the second half on Saturday, when our midfield had a minor meltdown.

Totally agree, really don’t understand the haters. Dan Burn has been nothing short of a revelation under GP. He seems a great character too, plays wherever he’s told, like AJ he had to wait a season to be given his chance, and did so with no tantrums or nonsense.

Will be in and around the first team for the next few years so completely deserved.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Until 2023 Great news.

He has proved a terrific little buy....

Now we need Aaron Mooy....

Hmmmm may be a problem with signing Mooy. He didn't play against Everton not because he was injured but because he was negotiating a deal to play in China. He is not our player yet and one of the conditions was we would be the first Premier League club offered for his signature come the end of his loan spell. I realise there is a wage cap in China but he could earn a great deal more than at Albion. This deal did not materialise atm but the wages on the table sure it would have turned his head., he is 28 and not many more seasons of top flight football left.....we shall see.
The other bad news is West Ham want to sign Duffy.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Hmmmm may be a problem with signing Mooy. He didn't play against Everton not because he was injured but because he was negotiating a deal to play in China. He is not our player yet and one of the conditions was we would be the first Premier League club offered for his signature come the end of his loan spell. I realise there is a wage cap in China but he could earn a great deal more than at Albion. This deal did not materialise atm but the wages on the table sure it would have turned his head., he is 28 and not many more seasons of top flight football left.....we shall see.
There doesn't appear to be anything on Google about interest from China, where did you get this rumour from?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

He is 29. 30 in September. And China wage cap is around £40k per week, similar to what we would pay I guess.

Other than that, good guess.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He is under contract to Huddersfield until 2022, so he isn't in a position to negotiate a deal with anybody else. Huddersfield would need to have a direct bid for him from a Chinese club for any negotiation to start.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
That's very good news.

Maybe not our number 1 priority, but certainly deserving of a new contract.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Excellent stuff, Burn has been terrific this year and is very versatile.
Anyone not happy with this news is a clown

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
One for the squad but not greatly impressed with this extention would rather they concentrated on players who will be first choice not back up to Bernardo.

Who do you rate, out of interest? I’m losing track of our players you don’t think are up to it, so would perhaps be easier to have the list of those you think are.....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the back 5, should we need them will be Montoya Webster, who isnt there yet but could be by next season, Dunk and Clark who is similar to Webster and Bernardo unless we sign a Montoya replacemernt in the summer. As I said Burn is a good 25 man squad mermber but not as many say POTS material. Mooy or Macallister if he is returning and depending on his fitness Izzy if not we need an upgrade on March. A GM replacement obviously is needed to complement Maypay. In the starting X1 Stephens Propper Gross and Trossard are more than adequate. Alzate, Bissouma AJ and Connolly will be in the 25 man squad and not let us down if needed.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
In preference to whom? Unless of course Duffy is going as we will have Webster, Dunk and Clark as CB next season possibly White, with Bernardo and Montoya as wing or full backs.

Dan Burn has earned his place in the team BG, possibly a contender for POTS.
Just answered your own question, which it'll be good competition for him, with the rest of the above contenders, excluding Duffy who I think will go.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
He is 29. 30 in September. And China wage cap is around £40k per week, similar to what we would pay I guess.

Other than that, good guess.
I could be wrong but I think it is because he is Australian.....the cap is 100k.

It is information from someone ITK and I do not doubt it one bit. The information I obtained was clear Mooy wanted to fill his boots with one last pay day and who can blame him. Some of it may be wrong but the most worrying thing about it all if it is right the bit about Potter saying he was injured when he was not. I work with a players relation.:down:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dan Burn has been a revelation this season, he's a vital player for Potter and this is a nice boost ahead of tonight's 6-pointer.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I could be wrong but I think it is because he is Australian.....the cap is 100k.

It is information from someone ITK and I do not doubt it one bit. The information I obtained was clear Mooy wanted to fill his boots with one last pay day and who can blame him. Some of it may be wrong but the most worrying thing about it all if it is right the bit about Potter saying he was injured when he was not. I work with a players relation.:down:

If true, he’s not going to be going for many 50/50 balls and risking a bad injury between now and the end of the season then.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

So you are saying Graham Potter is a liar?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports