Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White Question

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I can’t ever recall a player ever having generated as much discussion as this guy without ever having played for the 1st team.

He’s either going to be the next Bobby Moore or the next Damien Hilton....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Pretty sure we cant now. Read an article from a Yorkshire paper a while back, this said as much. Games played was the reason given.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Pretty sure we cant now. Read an article from a Yorkshire paper a while back, this said as much. Games played was the reason given.

Yes, people keep reading that one source, then come dashing on here to say they've seen it so it must be true.......

Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat......................................

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yes, people keep reading that one source, then come dashing on here to say they've seen it so it must be true.......

Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat......................................

It was Leeds equivalent to the Argus If I remember rightly. A more reliable source than anyone on NSC

Its irrelevant anyway, pretty sure we have no intention to recall him. Why hamper his development when he's having such a great season?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It was Leeds equivalent to the Argus If I remember rightly. A more reliable source than anyone on NSC.

Equivalent of The Argus eh? Must be gospel then! In this case I'm not at all sure it has got better information than one or two on here!

But as you say, it's irrelevant. Which begs the question, why do so many people read it in that paper (or talk to a man in a pub who says he knows someone who thinks they read it!) and then dash on here to start the conversation all over again? The original Ben White thread has over 600 posts already, most of which seem to be either asking this question or replying to it!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Equivalent of The Argus eh? Must be gospel then! In this case I'm not at all sure it has got better information than one or two on here!

But as you say, it's irrelevant. Which begs the question, why do so many people read it in that paper (or talk to a man in a pub who says he knows someone who thinks they read it!) and then dash on here to start the conversation all over again? The original Ben White thread has over 600 posts already, most of which seem to be either asking this question or replying to it!

I get what your saying. But, it would be perfectly possible that a loan clause would be added, something like he must play a certain number of games by the transfer window?

Out of interest, did Leeds pay a loan fee? Or are they paying his salary, or a % of it? This could also be a factor in wether he can be re-called i guess? ???

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
are we letting him be cup-tied......speaking of which, can we play Mooy tomorrow ?

Doubt Bielsa will play their best player in a cup game he doesn't care about, even if it's against a PL team on TV.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I get what your saying. But, it would be perfectly possible that a loan clause would be added, something like he must play a certain number of games by the transfer window?

Out of interest, did Leeds pay a loan fee? Or are they paying his salary, or a % of it? This could also be a factor in wether he can be re-called i guess? ???

I haven't seen the contracts, of course. I do know that the deal took a long time to negotiate because, apparently, Leeds wanted an option to buy and didn't get one; we played hardball and won. I strongly suspect we'd have played hardball in other aspects of the contract too!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I want to make my Leeds friend look silly for being such an arrogant *****
Just concentrate on the notion that if their best player keeps improving, we'll have him in our squad.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The commentator on the WBA game the other day claimed he was our best defender. Not sure if it was his agent or if he was drunk. Excellent prospect but better than Dunk? How on earth can you make that call when he hasn't played at the top level?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The commentator on the WBA game the other day claimed he was our best defender. Not sure if it was his agent or if he was drunk. Excellent prospect but better than Dunk? How on earth can you make that call when he hasn't played at the top level?

I think you are forgetting that this is The Leeds United, and that when you play for The Leeds United, it automatically elevates you to international class. Look at Kalvin Phillips. Apparently he should be going to Euro 2020 with England, so outstanding have his performances been against Barnsley, Luton Town, Charlton Athletic and Wigan.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
My arrogant Leeds supporting friend has just told me that we
can't recall Ben White now. Something to do with games played for them.

Is this, as I suspect, utter BS, or is there a grain of truth in it?

Ta

A leeds mate of mine said same thing about a month ago

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here