Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 arrests yesterday

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
I was at spurs and after one of their goals there was a huge chant of y!ds army! Seemed like it was half the stadium! With camaras now and lip readers I am sure at least 30k would be banned, won't happen though, nothing will happen! Would be interesting to know what would happen to a Brighton fan if they shouted y!ds at a game!?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I was at spurs and after one of their goals there was a huge chant of y!ds army! Seemed like it was half the stadium! With camaras now and lip readers I am sure at least 30k would be banned, won't happen though, nothing will happen! Would be interesting to know what would happen to a Brighton fan if they shouted y!ds at a game!?

Why would it be interesting?

I went to Selhurst and got stuck on the platform at East Croydon, with some of our finest youth, yelling insults at anyone passing, including random, women and children. We got off the train dodged our finest and ran into a bunch of equally brainless CPFC2010 supporters. Nothing that any of them shouted was anything I could describe as interesting. It had zero impact on the atmosphere in the stadium, on the players or the match.

Jan 30, 2008
'We can see you holding hands' and 'does ya boyfriend know ya here' is hardly appalling abuse is it?? Why don't you just watch the match instead of looking for 'abusive' fans to grass on.

This
Curtain twitchers, nosey neighbours, handwringers

We all know the types don't we ?
Regards
DF

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I have come to conclusion that the those that use the term ‘snowflake’ are actually the ‘snowflakes’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ppf is usually the one to cry outrage at anything that has happened in the 21st Century, so you may well be right. He's still partying like it's 1899.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Were you watching on tv?If not,then sod off.I know what I heard.

No, no you didn't. You have made it up. Why you would have done that I really don't know. I can only presume you are palace trying to bring our club and these boards into disrepute.

You sir, are a lying fool.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
The abuse was clearly hearable on tv for a period of about 5 minutes in the second half.Both Rudiger and James had monkey sounds aimed at them while on the ball.Difficult to say where from,but WSL was on camera.
I was in WSL block H and for large parts of the game you could hear a pin drop so I guess I'd be able to pick out the odd monkey chant. However although I heard a fair bit of booing for James and the ref didn't hear a single monkey chant. I also recorded the game so if you'd like to share when those 5 minutes were I'll go back and see what I can hear. If it's 'clearly hearable' as you say then I should be able to hear it for myself.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I know , stinks of the stasi days of East Germany :shrug:
Regards
DF

I mean, there's only so many ways it's possible to be wrong in one post, but i think you've managed them all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It does indeed. Football should be played in a tense edgy atmosphere and not in the sanitised 'if you hear any abuse text this number' atmosphere of today.

LOL.

What tense and edgy atmosphere have you ever watched an Albion home game in?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I didn't say I have, i said it should it 'should be.'

Why do you think it should be? And if you want a sense of danger and an adrenaline rush there’s plenty of things you can take up immediately; why wait for the day the Albion might turn edgy?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Why do you think it should be? And if you want a sense of danger and an adrenaline rush there’s plenty of things you can take up immediately; why wait for the day the Albion might turn edgy?

God you are patronising!!! I think it should be as to me it adds to the excitement. You probably don't care as you are sit with ya posh elitist chums in the 1901. I bet you are the first to bleat about 'poverty' and 'inequality' and no doubt voted Labour and yet you sit in the 1901!!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
As a side....... If oppo fans start singing "We can see you holding hands" or "does your boyfriend know you`re here" would this be considered homophobic abuse ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here