Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White Signs new deal

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ready to drive up and collect the lad at short notice, I’ll leave them Webster instead.

This. Webster was absofeckinglutely appalling today. A performance so bad that Montoya and Stephens should be buying him a pint for not making theirs the two worst performances of the season.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Ready to drive up and collect the lad at short notice, I’ll leave them Webster instead.

Bad game granted but your being a knob tbh if you can’t understand why he is in the team then you don’t understand potter and his way we play

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Bad game granted but your being a knob tbh if you can’t understand why he is in the team then you don’t understand potter and his way we play

That's a bit harsh. We all know that the theory is that he's in in front of big Shane as he's the better player with the ball at his feet. However, that's losing sight of the fact that his key role is to defend and today he had a shocker. I also think that Dunk looks more steady alongside Duffy. On the basis that I totally support 'Potterball' I think there's a very strong case for getting White back pronto!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I personally have never rated Webster. He always looks vulnerable. I wouldn’t bring back White, but definitely give Shane a run in the side.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If possible I would bring White back and put him straight into the team. It was suggested in the press that Chelsea will offer between £20m and £30m for him in January and FL says he would fit straight into the team. GP praises Webster for his ability with the ball at his feet but even that was very poor today and if he isnt prepared to either play Duffy or move Burn into the middle and bring in Bernardo we need White.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
All this .....let White have the seen at Leeds for his development.... It's very far sighted and all, but if we do go down with one very under performing centre back. Maybe it wasn't actually that far sighted.

We're being too complacent that we'll stay up. Throw the kitchen sink at survival this season. This means either

Ben White recall ... or
Buy a new centre back .... or
Put Duffy back in ... or
Shove Dan Burn back to Centre Back

Whatever, we have a young defender in the first team at the moment, who needs to come out of the firing line. We can't carry on as we are

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If possible I would bring White back and put him straight into the team. It was suggested in the press that Chelsea will offer between £20m and £30m for him in January and FL says he would fit straight into the team. GP praises Webster for his ability with the ball at his feet but even that was very poor today and if he isnt prepared to either play Duffy or move Burn into the middle and bring in Bernardo we need White.

I’d play White and Bernardo. Yes, I realise that White is unproven at PL, but so were Burn and Webster a few weeks ago.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Hasn’t it been said many times that he has played too many games for Leeds to be recalled in January? He can’t be here this season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hasn’t it been said many times that he has played too many games for Leeds to be recalled in January? He can’t be here this season.
Yes, it has been said many times.

But Potter has confirmed that that is fake news - no matter how many times it is repeated.

If we want him back, he comes back.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

*you’re

Over this season to date, I’m not sure if Webster’s in credit anymore with mistakes vs progressive play (& goal).

I’m kind of hoping we get Duffy back whilst sacrificing some of our passing from the back. In any case, White has the potential to be better than them both both in attacking and defending.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
*you’re

Over this season to date, I’m not sure if Webster’s in credit anymore with mistakes vs progressive play (& goal).

I’m kind of hoping we get Duffy back whilst sacrificing some of our passing from the back. In any case, White has the potential to be better than them both both in attacking and defending.

White has potential to be better than any CB we have ever had in my opinion and yes he needs to play PL football sooner rather than later just don’t see us breaking up his progress at Leeds at the moment no matter what we do. If he was back I’d say we have a perfect back 3 in Webster dunk and white to play how potter wants. Webster is in credit for me because we can’t play this was without him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here