Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
2nd (joint 5th)...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50317760

Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 07.50.43.png

D

Deleted member 2719

I have to say I am shocked, I thought we would be top being the Capital of all things Green.

Lookout we will be in for a hard time from Lucas and co.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Why am I not surprised at who came last but one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191113_081120_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191113_081120_com.android.chrome.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 635
  • Screenshot_20191113_081359.jpg
    Screenshot_20191113_081359.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,200
Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I would hope the roof at the Amex will be fitted with semi-transparent solar panels in the years to come.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Next step.

Reusable plastic cups on a deposit scheme on the concourses

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There have to be a number of ways to increase our sustainability.

1. Rainwater capture and re-use. The Amex must use a lot of water, and rainwater capture from the roof etc could be used to water the pitch at the very least.
2. Solar power - there is a lot of opportunity to generate electricity at the Amex and training ground, which could be used at that time, or more sustainably stored on-site via battery technology and used later. Perhaps a dedicated parking area for EVs at the ground (with maybe charge points) would be a good idea as well.

I don't see huge opportunities re travel as we must have a high % of mass transport use already, especially compared to other clubs.

Recycling - from what I see at the ground most of the vending materials are recyclable - the cups, although plastic are collected, as are the paper wrapper on the food. I don't recall any strofoam / polystyrene usage with the food. Perhaps multi use cups is a change that might help.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Next step.

Reusable plastic cups on a deposit scheme on the concourses

We will go one step further than that:

NO cups at all. The beer will be poured into your cupped hands (like taking water from a tap) and you drink from there.

God help us when the clapping starts though :(

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We will go one step further than that:

NO cups at all. The beer will be poured into your cupped hands (like taking water from a tap) and you drink from there.

God help us when the clapping starts though :(

That's why they want to ban clapping, although Jazz hands will also be tricky.

Why not have 'beer fountains' like the water fountains you get at schools, just pour the drink of your choice straight into your mouth (or other receptacle)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
That's why they want to ban clapping, although Jazz hands will also be tricky.

Why not have 'beer fountains' like the water fountains you get at schools, just pour the drink of your choice straight into your mouth (or other receptacle)

I think you're onto something there.

I'd applaud that, but my beer will go everywhere.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The appointment of Green Potter was a master stroke.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Seems unfair to judge Palace on this one. All those European trips must be hell on their carbon footprint.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Recycling - from what I see at the ground most of the vending materials are recyclable - the cups, although plastic are collected, as are the paper wrapper on the food. I don't recall any strofoam / polystyrene usage with the food. Perhaps multi use cups is a change that might help.

I don't understand why we've not introduced multi use cups and/or a deposit system yet. Seems to me one of the easiest things to sort out...

Also, think the bins on the concourses are not very clearly labelled. Seem to recall it's general waste and dry/mixed recycling or something as the two options. Not clear what can go in which bin. Again surely an easy and relatively low cost one to fix with options for paper, plastic, food waste etc..

Overall though, what a surprise to see Palace near the bottom...

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I don't understand why we've not introduced multi use cups and/or a deposit system yet. Seems to me one of the easiest things to sort out...

Also, think the bins on the concourses are not very clearly labelled. Seem to recall it's general waste and dry/mixed recycling or something as the two options. Not clear what can go in which bin. Again surely an easy and relatively low cost one to fix with options for paper, plastic, food waste etc..

Overall though, what a surprise to see Palace near the bottom...
I presume that the multi-use cup is a non starter because you won't be able to take the cup to your seat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here