Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Speeding Ticket

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Points and a fine.....and a proper piss take for posting it on NSC.
Personally, I think it should be upgraded to driving without due care as well(I'm an ex driving instructor, I hate all road users)

Where might I find a "70 mph zone"?

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Just noted the 100% of a weeks salary! Whatever happened to £75 going up to £200!!!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Hello good folk of NSC, I'm looking for a bit of guidance and to be hoenst reassurance.

I recently got caught by a moible speed van, I suspected I had been done but only got it confirmed today.

74mph in a 50mph zone - Does anybody have any recent history of this and what I can expect next?

Some additional detail - The road was duel carriageway, clear day, light traffic, my licence is currently clean, I will plead guilty and accept my punishment.

Thanks!

Did you get the NIP asking you to name the driver ? (Don't say it was Fiona Onasanya BTW).

If so, you should be eligible for a fixed penalty of £100 and 3 points (according to https://www.theaa.com/driving-advice/legal/speed-limit)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Under the Boris get tough regime, you will be lucky if you get away with being hung, drawn and quartered

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
5 years

tumblr_03ed19e7487c9e969243dec1c8401222_90568730_400.gif

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If you're one of the many drivers who believe that the 50 mph speed sign in the lead up to Kingstone roundabout from Falmer doesn't apply to you and thus go hurtling by on the inside lane then I hope they throw the book at you.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
If you're one of the many drivers who believe that the 50 mph speed sign in the lead up to Kingstone roundabout from Falmer doesn't apply to you and thus go hurtling by on the inside lane then I hope they throw the book at you.

Ridiculous speed limit that everyone just ignores anyway

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I was waiting for the OP to mention that stretch of road. I know a couple of folks done for speeding there.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ridiculous speed limit that everyone just ignores anyway

I know where you’re coming from, the 50mph starts incredibly far from the Ashcombe/Kingston roundabout.

But ignoring it leads to tickets ... in the last year the speed trap van visits that spot frequently, giving easy pickings on hundreds of drivers.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I know where you’re coming from, the 50mph starts incredibly far from the Ashcombe/Kingston roundabout.

But ignoring it leads to tickets ... in the last year the speed trap van visits that spot frequently, giving easy pickings on hundreds of drivers.

So does coming down the a23 when to splits to 4 lanes for the a27 roundabout. That's 50mph for must be 1/2 a mile too. No mobile site there but I have seen traffic police doing checks there in the past.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here