Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What a load of bolleaux. I didn't vote leave because of the politicians - I voted leave because the EU is so corrupt they have never submitted a set of properly audited accounts, because of the CAP which was biased against our own farmers, because of the the wine lakes, the beef mountains, the butter mountains, and so on, because of being 'represented' in Europe by non elected people, because of the expense scandals and so on a so on. How arrogant to say that MP's supporting Leave are following their own agenda when those in favour of Remain are also following their own agenda. The referendum result was in favour of Leave - they should stop following their own agendas and follow the result.
Absolutely. This is one of the weaknesses of the remain campaign, and the remainers' argument. Although they are, by their own definition, more intelligent than those who voted leave, they cannot get their heads around the fact that people voted leave simply because they didn't want to remain (or be in in the first place) the EU. They didn't vote leave because of any crap (or lies) the leave campaign might have thrown at them, nor were they influenced by any crap (or lies - or just plain ineptitude) the remain campaign churned out.

To put it in simple terms, that even the more intelligent can understand, 17 million people didn't vote to leave because of the leave campaign. The result may have caused consternation, dismay and even panic amongst the Westminster 'elite', but now they have a duty to do, however much they might hate it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Absolutely. This is one of the weaknesses of the remain campaign, and the remainers' argument. Although they are, by their own definition, more intelligent than those who voted leave, they cannot get their heads around the fact that people voted leave simply because they didn't want to remain (or be in in the first place) the EU. They didn't vote leave because of any crap (or lies) the leave campaign might have thrown at them, nor were they influenced by any crap (or lies - or just plain ineptitude) the remain campaign churned out.

To put it in simple terms, that even the more intelligent can understand, 17 million people didn't vote to leave because of the leave campaign. The result may have caused consternation, dismay and even panic amongst the Westminster 'elite', but now they have a duty to do, however much they might hate it.

Oh lor' - this has been merged with the Brexit (remainers' love-in) thread. Well done the mods - this is where it belongs!

Well, on that basis I'm out of here - I'll leave it to the usual suspects.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Leaked document showing real cost of no deal Brexit (in short: chaos) reminds me of Gove's original claim that 'we hold all the cards'. I now realise he was being very proactive: he meant ration cards!

This week Chief Idiot Johnson goes to play hardball with France and Germany with about as much chance of getting a result as Chamberlain did with the latter in 1938. He goes with minimum leverage and maximum hubris.

Expect our resident Brexit cheerleaders to talk about 'getting tough' at a time when the only honest and realistic negotiating strategy is to walk in and admit it has all been a ghastly mistake, while prudent Brits attend their allotments in order to 'dig for defeat'.

Was this leak just a negotiation tactic though? Shows we are not bluffing about leaving without a deal?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
What a load of bolleaux. I didn't vote leave because of the politicians - I voted leave because the EU is so corrupt they have never submitted a set of properly audited accounts, because of the CAP which was biased against our own farmers, because of the the wine lakes, the beef mountains, the butter mountains, and so on, because of being 'represented' in Europe by non elected people, because of the expense scandals and so on a so on. How arrogant to say that MP's supporting Leave are following their own agenda when those in favour of Remain are also following their own agenda. The referendum result was in favour of Leave - they should stop following their own agendas and follow the result.

bolleaux.? haven't heard that in probably 40 years . You are the first leaver who has actually put down some reasons why we should leave so thank you. How big are these wine lakes, the beef mountains, the butter mountains now as this has been mentioned in any recent debate.

Regards being 'ruled' by an unelected group of people remind me when I voted for the Queen or any member of the House of Lords. You mention expenses scandals , seem to remember we had one of those ourselves.

Do you honestly believe Rees-Mogg is not in it for his own good ?

The EU is not perfect by a long stretch but it puts us as part of a bigger unit which has some small chance to stand up to the US, China & Russia economically and politically. One reason why we have problems with the EU is people voted jack asses like Farage in who has done nothing to improve it but was quite happy to take the money.

Going back to the farmers , lots of them are seriously worried about leaving but I guess that is just scaremongering.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Well you have kicked off with a load of bolleaux of your own. This is why people think Leave voters are at best gullible and ill informed and at worst , a load of liars.

Claim: The European Union is so corrupt that the European Court of Auditors has not signed off its accounts for 20 years.

Reality Check verdict: The Court of Auditors has signed the EU accounts every year since 2007, while pointing out that EU countries, once they receive the EU funds, misuse about 4.4% of the total budget.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36276175

It also finds that the UK government is responsible for the misuse of the EU budget (around 80% of the EU budget is managed by the member states) it is allocated and has paid over 650m Euros in fines for mis spending the budget.

"On 28 April 2016, the House of Commons Public Accounts Committee called on the UK government to improve how it spends EU funds".

So, another lie peddled by leavers, exposed and put to bed by a pesky remoaner.

The wine lakes? Well, the EU has some hand in this but it's mainly because France produces far too much wine in a climate which is seeing falling alcohol consumption, dwindling exports and falling cost price. So again, rather far fetched to claim this is the fault of the EU.

Expense scandals? Unelected people? Do me a favour, we are world leaders at such things!

Lesson? Do you research, don't just swallow what nutjobs like Farage feed you.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-auditors-sign-eu-budget/

The Agricultural policy has been reformed seven times since we've been in the EU so it isn't the same as it was when we started, and the NFU is very much against a no deal brexit.
https://www.nfuonline.com/news/eu-referendum/

We have 73 MEPs in the European Parliament and a leader chosen by our Prime Minister in the European Commission.

Expense scandals? Look to the Tories for expense scandals, rather than Brussels.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Yet you have swallowed the lies peddled by the Leave campaign and your above post proves it.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
bolleaux.? haven't heard that in probably 40 years . You are the first leaver who has actually put down some reasons why we should leave so thank you. How big are these wine lakes, the beef mountains, the butter mountains now as this has been mentioned in any recent debate.

Regards being 'ruled' by an unelected group of people remind me when I voted for the Queen or any member of the House of Lords. You mention expenses scandals , seem to remember we had one of those ourselves.

Do you honestly believe Rees-Mogg is not in it for his own good ?

The EU is not perfect by a long stretch but it puts us as part of a bigger unit which has some small chance to stand up to the US, China & Russia economically and politically. One reason why we have problems with the EU is people voted jack asses like Farage in who has done nothing to improve it but was quite happy to take the money.

Going back to the farmers , lots of them are seriously worried about leaving but I guess that is just scaremongering.
Somebody remind me what those elections for which we took part in May were?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Somebody remind me what those elections for which we took part in May were?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

And look what the idiots do when they do get given a vote; Vote to destroy the UK by leaving the EU and vote in The Brexit company to get paid to not turn up and represent the interests of the UK.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

There are some things about the EU that need changing, but if you wanted to leave because of wine lakes, you might need to update your knowledge a bit.
You are represented by Farage and 3 other Brexit Party MEP's, 3 Lib Dems, 1 Tory, 1 Labour, and 1 Green in the EU Parliament. All elected.
There is a problem with the level of Democracy used to select our representative in the European Council though.
There are problems with the CAP, but how is it biased against UK Farmers?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

You seem to be saying the Leave Campaign was a waste of money and everyone that voted Leave was always going to, I think it might be you that has a problem getting his head around facts.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Oh my god, case closed m'lud.
Not a bloody clue about anything this is exactly why the general public should never have been allowed to vote.
I told you they were all thick.

D

Deleted member 22389

Oh my god, case closed m'lud.
Not a bloody clue about anything this is exactly why the general public should never have been allowed to vote.
I told you they were all thick.

How does calling people thick expect to win some of you remainers any support?

Personally I hope we leave with NO DEAL. Our vote would have been respected, we can leave the EU and move on.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
How does calling people thick expect to win some of you remainers any support?

Personally I hope we leave with NO DEAL. Our vote would have been respected, we can leave the EU and move on.

And precisely where are we moving to, my friend? This is the language of someone locked inside a dysfunctional marriage, What folk like you fail to realise is that

a) we cannot simply extract ourselves on a clean break basis (we can't just walk out of the house) - we must have some kind of on-going relationship; we'll have 'obligations' (think of the children)

b) the costs are horrendous (think of what you'll be paying to your lawyer and that your former spouse will have you over a barrel - after you are the one that tried to play away)

c) we've got nowhere else to go (we don't exactly have a queue of stunners awaiting our release from a loveless marriage)

In terms of a divorce settlement, we'll end up sleeping in the back of our car. So 'personally' I hope that if we leave with a NO DEAL (your capitals) I hope that you will suffer disproportionately as.(literally) you were gagging for it.
Equally (let's be fair here) I hope that if it turns out wonderfully, you should get a better than average share of the benefits (and good luck with that).

And are we not overdue for one of your cheery good news Brexit items about job creation - eg local newsagent in Bromsqrove takes on 2 new paper-boys?

Jan 30, 2008
And precisely where are we moving to, my friend? This is the language of someone locked inside a dysfunctional marriage, What folk like you fail to realise is that

a) we cannot simply extract ourselves on a clean break basis (we can't just walk out of the house) - we must have some kind of on-going relationship; we'll have 'obligations' (think of the children)

b) the costs are horrendous (think of what you'll be paying to your lawyer and that your former spouse will have you over a barrel - after you are the one that tried to play away)

c) we've got nowhere else to go (we don't exactly have a queue of stunners awaiting our release from a loveless marriage)

In terms of a divorce settlement, we'll end up sleeping in the back of our car. So 'personally' I hope that if we leave with a NO DEAL (your capitals) I hope that you will suffer disproportionately as.(literally) you were gagging for it.
Equally (let's be fair here) I hope that if it turns out wonderfully, you should get a better than average share of the benefits (and good luck with that).

And are we not overdue for one of your cheery good news Brexit items about job creation - eg local newsagent in Bromsqrove takes on 2 new paper-boys?

How did we cope before joining the common agricultural policy , can you give us a time scale for the meltdown of the country, will we become a third world country , have the Bankers all disappeared, have we gone into recession LEAVE MEANS LEAVE
Regards
DR

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Alternatively, she's been messing around with 27 others. We've tried for the sake of the children to come to a compromise agreement but it's weighted very much in her favour. So we've decided to leave regardless as we have too much respect for ourselves to stay in a loveless, one sided marriage.

And one of the issues was because we paid rather a lot of money into the joint account which she used a large chunk of to go out with her friends. Problem being that some of them were poorer than us so she paid for their meals.

Last edited:

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Sorry to disillusion you, and burst your bubble and all that, but no, actually it isn't. Really it isn't.

It may be the biggest crisis our Westminster politicians have had - it must have been a real shock - and still a source of baffled outrage to them - to find that they had totally lost the faith of the majority of the UK voters, who fundamentally disagreed with their fundamental beliefs and didn't support the EU.

N.B. For anybody who feels compelled to burst in with an instant repost, by 'voters' I am referring to people who voted; those who abstained, by their actions (or inactions) tacitly accept the result. That is the essence of what not voting means.

What is the biggest crisis Britain has faced?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Alternatively, she's been messing around with 27 others. We've tried for the sake of the children to come to a compromise agreement but it's weighted very much in her favour. So we've decided to leave regardless as we have too much respect for ourselves to stay in a loveless, one sided marriage.

So tell me, how do you think this compromise agreement should have looked. You keep on about this 'good deal' that you wanted but don't seem to be able to explain what it is :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here