Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
FACTUALLY – Leave campaign won.

46,501,241 - total electorate at the time.
33,551,983 - people who voted.

1.3% of the total electorate at the time swung the vote in favour of leave. 634,751 people out of 46,501,241 people.

1.9% of people of the voting public swung the vote in favour of leave. 634,751 out of 33,551,983 people.

Yougov – 25% of people consider No Deal as a positive outcome :

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politic.../04/what-do-public-think-about-no-deal-brexit

Despite this – No deal will be forced on 100% of us.

So although leave campaign won, in reality, nobody wins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU
regards
DR

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Capitalism will kill each and everyone one of us, in around about way

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Apart from a few, and we all know who they are.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
no he's laughing down people that told him it wouldn't happen,............HOLD ON DAVE YOU'RE ONE OF THEM :dunce:
regards
DR

When I need the opinion of a wannabe Nazi, ill call you, until then, get on with your summer holiday homework.
For your understanding (I will type it slowly for you), nothing has happened yet. I seem to remember you telling me we were leaving in March. Credit where credit is due, you have been consistent being wrong.

Jan 30, 2008
When I need the opinion of a wannabe Nazi, ill call you, until then, get on with your summer holiday homework.
For your understanding (I will type it slowly for you), nothing has happened yet. I seem to remember you telling me we were leaving in March. Credit where credit is due, you have been consistent being wrong.
face saving again Dave . you're a joker
regards
DR

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
its good practice , why would you want to leave yourself short , you're making it out as a long term problem for the UK, SOME people don't like change, you fit that description nicely:wink:
regards
DR

Good practice? What planet are you living on? We are one of the richest countries on the planet, the idea of being ‘short’ on medicine during peace time should seriously worry you. But, it I guess it depends how far in denial you are. And you’re right, I certainly don’t like change if if means driving our nation off the edge of a cliff.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

It beats me that you and others don't have him on ignore. A year ban for racist trolling? Other bans for similar? What can you hope to gain by reading his posts?

According to 'a moderator' it is only a matter of time before he ***** himself into another offensive frenzy and gets another ban. My only gripe is that the moderators feel inclined to wait for this to happen rather than simply put the silly old nazi out of his own mysery now. He doesn't post a single word about the current Albion, in terms of how the team are doing etc. Just a load of juvenile old bollocks about politics, and extremely feeble facetious comments to various posters. If he were an Albion player, he'd be Glenn Thomas. Unbelievably shit.

One of the pleasures of having him on ignore is that I don't ready his twatty come-backs. If he has any sense he will have me on ignore. I wonder if he has any sense? ???

D

Deleted member 2719

Let us rejoice at the prospective increased unemployment rates.

Let us rejoice and embrace the likely upcoming recession.

Let us rejoice at the culling of livestock.

Let us rejoice in the destruction of the good friday agreement.

Let us rejoice ridding ourselves of un-elected European Bureaucrats so we can replace them with BRITISH un-elected Bureaucrats!

Let us rejoice in being able to continue making 99% of our own laws and economic decisions after Brexit.

Let us rejoice in increased food prices.

Let us rejoice at he struggle only lasting 50 years

WHO'S WITH ME!!! AMEN BROTHER.

Can i get a Hallelujah ? HALLELUJAH!!

Stop booing and suck it up, big boy.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Stop booing and suck it up, big boy.

Brexiteers everywhere :lol:

C0617140-48EF-4183-A4BA-DAD5DF7EEB41.gif

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Come on Mikey, who is your real NSC account.

Give it up matey you will get a lot more respect rather than hiding behind this account???
Mouldy boots. Fill your mouldy boots by reading posts 92401-92409.

It will blow your freaking mind my ex fellow brexiteer.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Given you generally don't resort to insults and that we have polite conversing here you go, for one final time, and very briefly :

We joined a trading group - nothing wrong with that. A group like that has to have some rules - fine. That trading group morphed slowly into a political union with the British electorate having no say on it ( thank you Tony Blair ). The aim of that political union, and they no longer hide it, is complete political, economic and fiscal union.

I don't believe, in the long run, that will benefit the UK. I believe that we shoud have complete control over our fiscal and economic polices. We want to reduce VAT - we should be able to. We want to strike a trade ageement - we should be able to. We want to ban live exports or say cattle being badly treated for the sake of Italian cheese - we should be able to. We want to secure our borders - we should be able to.

Despite not being in the Eurozone we are beholden to a stupid mistake in another members economy - hence our bailout of Ireland and Portugal. Some of our membership fees are moved to the 'poorer' southern countries yet we have deprived areas in this country that the money could benefit.

The EU wants to be a state - it doesn't hide it - it has a flag, an anthem, a minister for foreign affairs - Merkel and Macron have both made public statements about an EU army being a desire. Everything aiming for statehood. I don't believe that is a good club for the UK to belong to in the long term.

Not so brief in the end and no doubt people will attempt to rip it to shreds - and ask the question again, and again, and again.

Hello mate, thanks for posting your reasons. I hope you don't mind me saying why I think they are not good reasons for leaving the EU.

The Treaty of Rome, the one we first signed up to includes the phrase "ever closer union", the later treaties do not make that aim any stronger. In David Camerons renegotiation, he was keen to have that not apply to the UK. The EU said "It is recognised that the United Kingdom, in the light of the specific situation it has under the Treaties, is not committed to further political integration into the European Union. The substance of this will be incorporated into the Treaties at the time of their next revision in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Treaties and the respective constitutional requirements of the Member States, so as to make it clear that the references to ever closer union do not apply to the United Kingdom
It was also the case that the European Parliament act was in force, which made it law that no material Treaty changes or new Treaties could be agreed to by a UK Government without having the support for it in a referendum and in the House of Lords. So, unless a majority of the UK felt it was a good idea, no further steps towards Union could be taken.

We can remain and never move towards any closer union

We can reduce VAT, but within certain parameters set by the EU, too much variance between rates would cause issues for the single market. But in Hungary it is 27%, Luxembourg 17%, in or out, you and I won't be choosing VAT rates obviously, and any party wanting to can cut rates down to 15% standard rate. Before we joined the EU or EEC if you prefer, we had purchase tax, which was never lower than 25%.

We cannot strike an independent trade agreement with anyone whilst a member of the EU customs union. But we do have trade deals via the EU customs union. We would not get any better deals with the countries that the EU has deals with, but it is possible we could get deals done with countries that the EU does not currently have deals with. The EU though is by far our largest trading partner and will continue to be so, a deal with them is not going to be as good as current arrangements. The EU Japan trade deal is the worlds biggest single trade deal as the Japanese and EU economies make up more than one third of global GDP.

We may be able to ban the export of live animals for slaughter, but there is some suggestion that this would infringe WTO rules, so this may not be as simple as it seems. But if it is possible under WTO rules, doing it through the EU would have a wider effect.
This part might have some legs.

As the UK alone, I don't think it would be easy to effect changes in Italian Farming practices for Dairy herds. It is far better to write to your Brexit MEP and ask them to try and do something useful whilst there in the Parliament and join this group https://www.eurogroupforanimals.org/

There is an issue over this "secure our borders" phrase. If you mean we can refuse entry to people from the EU if we feel like it, just because, then yes this is something we cant do, but it is also something we would not do if we could, EU citizens are likely going to be included in the dozens of countries we have visa free travel with. If you mean we would have more security via our borders, then that is unlikely, we currently share information with other EU countries about suspected terrorists, extremists, kiddy fiddlers and other criminals, this co operation may not be there or be as comprehensive after leaving. https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-b...at-threat-senior-police-officer-idUKKCN1UX0M5

We loaned money via the EU to Portugal and Ireland, total 6.5 Billion Euros, it has been repaid. We also made loans to them and other Eurozone countries as required by our IMF membership total 4.5 Billion Euros, we also chose to lend Ireland a further 3.5 Billion Euros, at an interest rate above that which we borrowed at. All have been repaid, and the last deal made money for the UK treasury. In 2011 the EU leaders agreed that the UK and other EU countries which are not in the eurozone, should not be part of any future eurozone bailouts.
Yes, some of our contributions go to aid development in other EU countries, but also regions of the UK. This is I suppose going to be affected by your ideology, if you believe as I do that the wealthiest in a society should contribute the most financially, and the less well off should receive the most help, then this is fine.

There is a question of why you don't believe being part of a federal Europe would be good for the UK, I think most people just don't like the idea without any real solid reason other than a lack of trust. Of course a full federal EU could not operate the way the current EU does, and would need to have a different structure, but the treaties state that its aims are "the process of creating an ever closer union among the peoples of Europe, in which decisions are taken as openly as possible and as closely as possible to the citizen". To me this says that the more local layers of government should have as many powers as possible.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Hello mate, thanks for posting your reasons. I hope you don't mind me saying why I think they are not good reasons for leaving the EU.

The Treaty of Rome, the one we first signed up to includes the phrase "ever closer union", the later treaties do not make that aim any stronger. In David Camerons renegotiation, he was keen to have that not apply to the UK. The EU said "It is recognised that the United Kingdom, in the light of the specific situation it has under the Treaties, is not committed to further political integration into the European Union. The substance of this will be incorporated into the Treaties at the time of their next revision in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Treaties and the respective constitutional requirements of the Member States, so as to make it clear that the references to ever closer union do not apply to the United Kingdom
It was also the case that the European Parliament act was in force, which made it law that no material Treaty changes or new Treaties could be agreed to by a UK Government without having the support for it in a referendum and in the House of Lords. So, unless a majority of the UK felt it was a good idea, no further steps towards Union could be taken.

We can reduce VAT, but within certain parameters set by the EU, too much variance between rates would cause issues for the single market. But in Hungary it is 27%, Luxembourg 17%, in or out, you and I won't be choosing VAT rates obviously, and any party wanting to can cut rates down to 15% standard rate. Before we joined the EU or EEC if you prefer, we had purchase tax, which was never lower than 25%.

We cannot strike an independent trade agreement with anyone whilst a member of the EU customs union. But we do have trade deals via the EU customs union. We would not get any better deals with the countries that the EU has deals with, but it is possible we could get deals done with countries that the EU does not currently have deals with. The EU though is by far our largest trading partner and will continue to be so, a deal with them is not going to be as good as current arrangements. The EU Japan trade deal is the worlds biggest single trade deal as the Japanese and EU economies make up more than one third of global GDP.

We may be able to ban the export of live animals for slaughter, but there is some suggestion that this would infringe WTO rules, so this may not be as simple as it seems. But if it is possible under WTO rules, doing it through the EU would have a wider effect.

As the UK alone, I don't think it would be easy to effect changes in Italian Farming practices for Dairy herds. It is far better to write to your Brexit MEP and ask them to try and do something useful whilst there in the Parliament and join this group https://www.eurogroupforanimals.org/

There is an issue over this "secure our borders" phrase. If you mean we can refuse entry to people from the EU if we feel like it, just because, then yes this is something we cant do, but it is also something we would not do if we could, EU citizens are likely going to be included in the dozens of countries we have visa free travel with. If you mean we would have more security via our borders, then that is unlikely, we currently share information with other EU countries about suspected terrorists, extremists, kiddy fiddlers and other criminals, this co operation may not be there or be as comprehensive after leaving. https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-b...at-threat-senior-police-officer-idUKKCN1UX0M5

We loaned money via the EU to Portugal and Ireland, total 6.5 Billion Euros, it has been repaid. We also made loans to them and other Eurozone countries as required by our IMF membership total 4.5 Billion Euros, we also chose to lend Ireland a further 3.5 Billion Euros, at an interest rate above that which we borrowed at. All have been repaid, and the last deal made money for the UK treasury. In 2011 the EU leaders agreed that the UK and other EU countries which are not in the eurozone, should not be part of any future eurozone bailouts.
Yes, some of our contributions go to aid development in other EU countries, but also regions of the UK. This is I suppose going to be affected by your ideology, if you believe as I do that the wealthiest in a society should contribute the most financially, and the less well off should receive the most help, then this is fine.

There is a question of why you don't believe being part of a federal Europe would be good for the UK, I think most people just don't like the idea without any real solid reason other than a lack of trust. Of course a full federal EU could not operate the way the current EU does, and would need to have a different structure, but the treaties state that its aims are "the process of creating an ever closer union among the peoples of Europe, in which decisions are taken as openly as possible and as closely as possible to the citizen". To me this says that the more local layers of government should have as many powers as possible.

Phew Baldseagull, I am exhausted!

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016

Great post. It allays the fears regarding the ever closer union and the part the UK would okay in such a scenario much more eloquently than I could ever explain.

And in fact more knowledge. You have to ask yourself why myself and more people don't know that the EU were going to write the UK out of the closer union in future treaties.

I guess there's lots of information readily available now that should have been available pre-referendum.

Immigration has always been an interesting one. It was played on very heavily by leave. Nigel Farages misleading billboards and Aaron Banks paying an ex marine and a few paid brown actors to sit in a dingy to build the perception of how easy it is for people to come to the UK.

More interestingly, is that despite this, people who voted for the supposed benefit of less immigrants must surely feel disappointed at the developments.

Not only will the people in the EU be given visa free access, that more people will be coming in on top from non-EU countries thought this OZ style points system, Boris Johnson's scrapping targets to reduce net immigration. And finally after all that, he's advocating an illegal immigrant amnesty.

Alas, a Tory is finally partaking in some social justice, but the man on the street who is staring into the face of a recession because of voting leave due to worries about immigration must be scratching his head and wondering what the hell happened.

Accountability they ask for. Well Cambridge Analytica took your personal information, took a bung from leave and told you just how to be the good little brexit puppet they needed. Do you not care about your basic human rights being breached in such a way?

You have to laugh. I wonder how many a brexiteer has spouted the words un-elected beaurocrats. What was there reward? An un-elected dimwit who idolizes Otto Von Bismarck. A man who knows not a lot but still believes he's more legally clued up than the former Attorney General.

Too many people are being ignored. 1.3% of the electorate swung the vote in favour of leave. Such a small majority of that, gives you a mandate to execute article 50 and find a middle ground. In my opinion, that would have been the labour proposed customs union.

But, we've pandered to the right wing ERG, who complained a customs union would be "brexit in name only". But that's just it, the referendum question on the ballot simply called for brexit in name only. Anybody that has added caveats on and re-wrote just what brexit meant, is un-democratic and inconsiderate it's unfathomable in the extreme.

To purposely pursue a no deal brexit that only 25% of the public think is a good outcome is an act of sheer distain towards the UK public. Or plebs as they probably refer to us.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here