Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know. If only we knew someone with a B&B out there so we could all meat up and have a best friends' cycling holiday. (And perhaps more importantly no wives to put the mockers on such a plan.)
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], on the one hand glad to see you are still riding - I was worried you had AIDs or something. On the other, why not pop the commutes on strava you poof?
Oh it's simply down to the 21st century.
My phone and Strava have had a falling out and I now can't get them to talk to each other.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What a stage! I managed to sneakily watch the last few k at work.

It seems that every time there is a crosswind, it is the same few teams that benefit... Making me wonder whether wind is something that only exists in England and Belgium!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

It was amazing that Pinot could get so so close to getting back on yet still lost over a minute just 25kms later.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I know. If only we knew someone with a B&B out there so we could all meat up and have a best friends' cycling holiday. (And perhaps more importantly no wives to put the mockers on such a plan.)
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], on the one hand glad to see you are still riding - I was worried you had AIDs or something. On the other, why not pop the commutes on strava you poof?

Mates' rates would definitely apply!

I am off to my place in the Pyrenees on Thursday, and will be up a mountain watching a stage on Sunday.

Get your asses over there!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1150832161022496768[/tweet]

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Posting this for no other reason other than its my favourite image from the first week of Le Tour.....epitomizes everything I love about the race.

65438.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Twice I've put Rohan Dennis in my fantasy team - twice hes abandoned. I dont think he likes me.

Something not quite right in the way he abandoned today either if reports online are to be believed. Went on the attack early, then gave up at the feed zone - last seen storming out of the the team bus with his manager / agent....

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Just read online (from Eurosports Orla) that Rohan Dennis abandoned yesterday because of an argument with his team over the TT kit he would use today.

Thats a new one on me. The words "toys" & "pram" spring to mind....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just read online (from Eurosports Orla) that Rohan Dennis abandoned yesterday because of an argument with his team over the TT kit he would use today.

Thats a new one on me. The words "toys" & "pram" spring to mind....

The Cycling Podcast chaps were remarking just how fastidious he is when it comes to all things bicycle.

Now if he's noticeably more fastidious than the rest of them it doesn't really come as a surprise him having a toys/pram moment.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
The Cycling Podcast chaps were remarking just how fastidious he is when it comes to all things bicycle.

Now if he's noticeably more fastidious than the rest of them it doesn't really come as a surprise him having a toys/pram moment.

Just about to listen to the CP over a cup of coffee Stat...will be interesting to hear what they say.
Quitting the Tour because of that seems rather extreme though IMO....must be something else going on too, surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here