Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Whatsapp Group for Kids football being hijacked by ‘mumsnet’ lot !!

seagull1970

Apr 7, 2019
We have a new child’s football team and so set up a whatsapp group for the team info etc. Just had somebody trying to offload an unneeded sofa on the group !! Anybody else had these problems ? So many banal notifications from the women on it (so they don’t look ungrateful to other women for some earlier post).

Anybody in the same boat ? Can’t leave the group obviously and the sarcastic messages I want to send are deleted in favour of keeping the peace.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
We have a football mums group, a football dads group and an announcement group. It is massive overkill but the Dads group is info only - invariably what boozer we are meeting in -, the mums group is Lol hun xx, Thumbs up, Thumbs up, Inspirational message, Thumbs up, Thumbs up with the group one saying where the games are / what the results were and all that so everyone knows what is going on.

Warning them may work but then it turns into a committee with eveyones different opinion being voiced further polluting the group. Maybe a individual message to the miscreant rather than posting on the main group asking them to ebay it in future.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
This year for the kids footie team I have created 2 x WhatsApp group, one of them is a broadcast group. This means I send a message out to the group but only I receive the replies, there is essentially no ‘reply all’ option in that group. I’ll use it for fixtures etc where I don’t want a message storm, the other group the parents can do whatever they want as I won’t monitor it much.

seagull1970

Apr 7, 2019
This is what has started to happen, thumbs up emoji, football emoji, goalposts emoji, star emoji etc etc We had 15 replies to a nothing message yesterday (unhappy emoji). Might stick an owl video on the thread, should clear a few of the women out (winky smilie with black sunglasses emoji).

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Same here

We have split them out and give warnings on ours.

One contains all of the info about matches, where we are meeting, who needs a lift etc. Anything else is deleted off it.

Then we have a coaches group which has us coaches as well as a few selected Dads that come on our pub trips. The mums then made their own which we let them crack on with. We used to have a group for each one of the teams but it turned in to a bitch fest when the second team got upset all their kids weren't in the first team. We learnt this lesson and have a single group one now!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
We have a new child’s football team and so set up a whatsapp group for the team info etc. Just had somebody trying to offload an unneeded sofa on the group !!

That'll be Peter Couch.

seagull1970

Apr 7, 2019
Same here

We have split them out and give warnings on ours.

One contains all of the info about matches, where we are meeting, who needs a lift etc. Anything else is deleted off it.

Then we have a coaches group which has us coaches as well as a few selected Dads that come on our pub trips. The mums then made their own which we let them crack on with. We used to have a group for each one of the teams but it turned in to a bitch fest when the second team got upset all their kids weren't in the first team. We learnt this lesson and have a single group one now!
I can see this happening !!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've managed to avoid the football parent groups and leave it all to Mrs Bobkin – but she's forever telling me about the shite that people post or how many people have written that their child can't make training/is ill/can't find his socks, etc, etc.

The broadcast group function seems like a great idea –*I didn't realise it was an option, so thanks [MENTION=25249]Milano[/MENTION] – I'll tell her to pass it onto the coaches and it'll probably make their lives a LOT easier!

D

Deleted member 2719

We get a lot of rivals dads giving in large about their north london teams, the arrogance is unbelievable!
The mums are pretty good to be fair.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The worst offenders in the group for parents of myson's team are a pair of dads who forward on really unfunny videos that invariably have some crude and obvious jokes about sex or the size of tits etc. Seems really inappropriate. Generally everyone just seems to ignore them but would love a magic solution to shut them up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
On a serious note I think I must be lucky as we have a whatsapp group for my son's team that mostly sticks to the subject and is pretty supportive.

Mind you it wasn't always the case. Two seasons ago when I was coaching it was subject to regular meltdowns by a mum who ws convinced her offspring was the next Messi (he wasn't) and that the coaches were "just parents anyway". She also used to regularly interrupt team talks and her special one was always five minutes late for training or games. Luckily she eventually got the hump when we repeatedly called her out on it, on both whatsapp and to her face, and she ****ed off somewhere else, thank Christ. We also had one kid who used to nick his mum's phone and post on the group. When he was told not to he sent some very un-11-year-old language to the team manager and was thrown out :lol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I assume there's a couple of South Africans in the group, asking why Percy Tau hasn't been picked?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here