Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans’ Forum 8/8; open training at Amex 24/7

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I just hope Potter is ready for the question on leaving players upfield on corners, and that the panel are able to fully respond on expanding the Amex

Don't know about asking the question, but I bloody well hope Potter does leave a player up on the half way line to keep two of their defenders back to look after him, rather than inviting them to join the crowd in our penalty area! I was always a 100% supporter of CH, but even when things were going well my only gripe against him was his policy of not leaving a man up!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
We shouldn't always look back.

I'm not so much looking back, as supporting 'my club'. Why should I, as a ST holder, have to pay extra just so that I can take my kids occasionally? I'm not saying I should have any rights to 10 tickets to see the big clubs, just the right to take them to these free events. My Knocky loving Granddaughter has two shirts and loves the club, but has only ever been twice, plus the England game a month or so back. She has also been a Young Seagull for three years.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Three tickets acquired for the princely sum of zero pounds!
First week of the school holidays and first activity sorted for the cost of a return ticket to Falmer.
Great initiative and brilliant opportunity for the kids to see the new manager and signings and maybe grab an autograph and photo or two. :albion2:
What’s not to like.....

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Expect an army of bottle top complainers

And quite right too. Interestingly the conditions for Worthing Pride (13 July - Parade starts at noon) state:-

Soft drinks/water will be only allowed in sealed bottles

So your bottle MUST have a top. So what happens if there is an emergency and the venue needs to evacuated huh?!!!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Sadly for this one, and the previous one, my kids are still at school. They don't break up until Thursday.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'm not so much looking back, as supporting 'my club'. Why should I, as a ST holder, have to pay extra just so that I can take my kids occasionally?

Because that is how life works in the economy we live in? I've got a bus pass but don't expect the buses to let my kids travel for free occasionally. Basically it is one of the benefits of the kids being season ticket holders or MyAlbion members. If you want those benefits you pay for them. If you don't want them then don't pay for them.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm not so much looking back, as supporting 'my club'. Why should I, as a ST holder, have to pay extra just so that I can take my kids occasionally? I'm not saying I should have any rights to 10 tickets to see the big clubs, just the right to take them to these free events. My Knocky loving Granddaughter has two shirts and loves the club, but has only ever been twice, plus the England game a month or so back. She has also been a Young Seagull for three years.

You do have the right to take them. Its £2 for non members.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Open Training.
My Club of 45 years used to know me by my first name, when I asked what time KO was the answer was 'what time can you get here'. Now it's money money money and more money. I've a ST (since the wooden seats of the South Stand) and occasionally take my Daughter and now my Granddaughter. Cup games, when the club struggle to sell tickets, we'd all be there pie, drinks, sweets and flags in hand.
Now I've got to sign them up to some My Albion scheme to allow them to see the players. NO! It should be an Our Supporters scheme whereby we get a free loyalty card, whether or not we have a ST, just for being a fan. Come on PB, you're slowly turning away fans.

Ohh my club of nearly 51 years when there weren’t any seats in the south stand :whistle:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Open Training.
My Club of 45 years used to know me by my first name, when I asked what time KO was the answer was 'what time can you get here'. Now it's money money money and more money. I've a ST (since the wooden seats of the South Stand) and occasionally take my Daughter and now my Granddaughter. Cup games, when the club struggle to sell tickets, we'd all be there pie, drinks, sweets and flags in hand.
Now I've got to sign them up to some My Albion scheme to allow them to see the players. NO! It should be an Our Supporters scheme whereby we get a free loyalty card, whether or not we have a ST, just for being a fan. Come on PB, you're slowly turning away fans.

Dear Mr / Mrs / Ms I Remember The Good Times.

Stop, please stop.....:D

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
My club of 32 years once sold the stadium we played in without telling the fans, and then informed people they'd have to travel to Portsmouth to watch their team play. My club paid hundreds of thousands of pounds to Paul Scally to enable us to then play at an even worse stadium in the grotty end of Kent. My club played in front of less than 5,000 people per game during the last few seasons at the Goldstone, where people were handcuffing themselves to goalposts, risking life bans for protesting on the pitch against the ownership, boycotting matches and walking out of games with 15 minutes left to make a statement. My club played for over a decade at the worst stadium in the Football League, with facilities that would shame many a non league side, and signed players like Michael Mahoney-Johnson, Colin Hawkins and Valur Gislason.

My club now plays in one of the best stadiums in the country, in front of 30,000 people every time. My club has invested more money than I ever imagined in my wildest dreams, on players, infrastructure, staff and more. My club finds its tickets are in demand, and thus has to have a means of regulating sales, in order to ensure those tickets don't end up in the hands of those who shouldn't benefit. The membership costs £15 for a child under 12, and gives them the same benefits that used to be part of the Junior Seagulls package- discounts in the shop, Christmas parties, access to the open training sessions, a new shirt on their 7th birthday, a voucher for the shop, a birthday card and other stuff.

My club doesn't always get everything right, but surely if you're set on bringing the grandkids to games, it would benefit you (or their parents) to spend the £15 quid on memberships anyway. I know money (and value) is a subjective thing, but it doesn't seem a lot to me. The increase in crowds, global brand awareness (I know, I know...) and presumably interest from potential sponsors and investors suggests the club are doing more right than they are wrong these days.

We shouldn't always look back.

Well said !!

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
For 35 of those years your club knew both it's fans by their first name. :lol:

Albion 1.2 has only one similarity to the original version - blue and white stripes, that's it, everything else is the 21st century.
I have no idea why a billion pound business is expected to be run like a cake stall at Didling village fayre.
Just googled Didling and established that it actually exists. It’s fayre is world famous for its highly professional 21st century cake stall. Cracking lemon drizzle cake served by some autonomous machine.

Falmerfourtickets

Dec 14, 2010
Three tickets acquired for the princely sum of zero pounds!
First week of the school holidays and first activity sorted for the cost of a return ticket to Falmer.
Great initiative and brilliant opportunity for the kids to see the new manager and signings and maybe grab an autograph and photo or two. :albion2:
What’s not to like.....

What’s not to like is that a majority of Brighton & Hove school kids don’t break up until 26th July.
A consequence of having two weeks off in October.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here