Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Specsavers CC Div 2, Sussex CCC v Durham CCC, Hove, 24-27 June 2019***

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Tell me more about this mis-management?

There is a good quality batsman who is a Sussex player but not in the first-class first team picture, for whatever reason.
Meanwhile we have a weak batting line-up.
Mismanagement

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Not many wickets, but a fine day spent there today. _20190626_200048.JPG

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There is a good quality batsman who is a Sussex player but not in the first-class first team picture, for whatever reason.

And a batsman who spent the winter working on his red ball technique, with the blessing of the club, only to be told that he wouldn't play any red ball cricket when the season started.

Appalling mismanagement

Jul 7, 2003
Meanwhile we have a weak batting line-up.
Mismanagement

That will be Luke Wright who has chosen to stop playing red ball cricket to extend his career?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
That will be Luke Wright who has chosen to stop playing red ball cricket to extend his career?
Don't let any reality interfere with NSC charges of "mismanagement"... some bloke who runs his village U14 side obviously knows more than numpties like Rob Andrew, Jason Gillespie and Luke Wright ... [emoji23]

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Only tells half the story though, doesn’t it? Spent the winter working on red ball to then not be picked for the first game of the season is pretty shocking.
From The Argus

"The former England one-day and T20 international recently revealed to The Argus that he rejected offers from the Pakistan Super League in order to work on his technique against the red ball during an extended pre-season in South Africa with captain Ben Brown.

Wright said: “I worked hard on my red-ball cricket over the winter, but once it became clear that I was going to have a lesser role in the four-day team, it made sense for me to commit my long-term future to the white-ball game only."

Someone who gives up on a lucrative winter contract to work on his red-ball game doesn't sound like someone itching to give up red-ball cricket. That's what I mean by mismanagement - why couldn't Luke have been told at the end of last season that he had no future in first-class cricket?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Is Yardy still the ambitiously titled "Batting Coach" - if "yes", any cull should start there.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Don't let any reality interfere with NSC charges of "mismanagement"... some bloke who runs his village U14 side obviously knows more than numpties like Rob Andrew, Jason Gillespie and Luke Wright ... [emoji23]

How do you see Gwylan's post below yours?

"From The Argus

"The former England one-day and T20 international recently revealed to The Argus that he rejected offers from the Pakistan Super League in order to work on his technique against the red ball during an extended pre-season in South Africa with captain Ben Brown.

Wright said: “I worked hard on my red-ball cricket over the winter, but once it became clear that I was going to have a lesser role in the four-day team, it made sense for me to commit my long-term future to the white-ball game only."

Someone who gives up on a lucrative winter contract to work on his red-ball game doesn't sound like someone itching to give up red-ball cricket. That's what I mean by mismanagement - why couldn't Luke have been told at the end of last season that he had no future in first-class cricket?"

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

So you believe the story that was pedalled out ? Luke Wright spent the winter working on his red ball game.. it’s nonsense

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Surely time for a change when Wells and Finch in 4 innings score 2 runs !

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
important overs being used up by our nightwatchman Ollie R this morning :

Shows that even though the top order are more than struggling at the moment how deep we bat …
let´s hope we can hang on for another draw today
and go again next week against Northants …

#gosbts

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
What's going on out there?

42.2 Carse to Robinson, FOUR runs,
42.1 Carse to Robinson, FOUR runs,

41.6 Trevaskis to van Zyl, 2 runs,
41.5 Trevaskis to van Zyl, no run,
41.4 Trevaskis to van Zyl, FOUR runs,
41.3 Trevaskis to van Zyl, FOUR runs,
41.2 Trevaskis to van Zyl, no run,
41.1 Trevaskis to van Zyl, FOUR runs,

109-3, 83 overs remaining.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Pity... that was a great session for Sussex... Stiaan van Zyl caught behind in the last over before lunch

48 runs from 188 balls... and an 82 run partnership with Ollie Robinson

141-4 (61.3)

64.3 overs remaining, and a new ball due in 18.3. Tough ask.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
If those two could have just lasted till lunch, might have given us a glimmer of a miracle. But that’s a pretty demoralizing moment to go 4 down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here