Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What’s a Fusion and why is it banned?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Havent read all pages but this is all a bit over the top. Can accept comments if this was an adult running an organised sell on ticket racket. No this was a 17 year old who is a genuine supporter doing something very stupid to try and make a few bob. I was twice offered £200 for my seat on way to City ground .I was never tempted but can understand why some would be. Dont know this person and looking at this thread I may be on my own but think 5 year ban on someone who watches games home and away is a bit harsh. Havent we all done stupid things when young

Being tempted to sell your own ticket is one thing, and understandable if you need a bob or two, but he used other people's fan numbers (presumably without their permission) and sold 17 tickets. That's a bit more than temptation, especially when the club has issued warnings. The other 16 fans could have received bans too, but presumably were able to plead their innocence.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
The lad has been very, very silly. I agree with most on here saying who hasn’t done daft things at 17. When I was 17 I did waaaaaaaay worse things that he did to pay my rent and buy food. Thanks f%&k the internet was only in it’s infancy at the time.

Putting this into perspective, the lad is a massive BHA fan, it looks like his life revolved around football, supporting the team. To be given a 5 year ban, that’s more than a quarter of the time the lad has been alive so far, it will seem a lot longer to him than us old farts.

Can you imagine what it would feel like to get a ban? Ok, at some points last season a ban may have felt like a blessing but seriously, it would be horrible not to be able to go support the team. I shudder at the thought.

I’m sure he is absolutely giving himself a metaphorical kicking way worse that anyone on twitter or here could. That said I think folk should lay off him and move on.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can you imagine what it would feel like to get a ban? Ok, at some points last season a ban may have felt like a blessing but seriously, it would be horrible not to be able to go support the team. I shudder at the thought.

No, I couldn't imagine it. Which is precisely why I don't do anything that may result in me getting a ban. I won't even give my season ticket to a mate if I'm away. I'm sorry this guy has anxiety issues, however I have little sympathy for him getting a ban. Rightly or not, the club cannot have made it any clearer that this sort of thing will not be tolerated, and the consequences of doing it.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Do the crime do the time.

Selling your ticket outside whilst against the rules isn't a pre meditated ploy to not only make money but to also jeopardise other people's ability to be able to go to games. Irrespective of age or mental fragility he has got of pretty lightly, especially in light of the warnings that had been put out regarding such behaviour.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not sure why the mods have allowed this thread. The lad involved is a vulnerable 17 year old. And there should be a duty of care regardless of what he /hasn’t done.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
What’s the link between mental health/panic attacks and selling on tickets ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of people seem to use it as an excuse for bad behaviour and abuse,I wonder if he posts on the Brexit thread?But he has owned up,been punished,and should now be left alone to reflect.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Not sure why the mods have allowed this thread. The lad involved is a vulnerable 17 year old. And there should be a duty of care regardless of what he /hasn’t done.

As far as we know, the lad isn’t a member of NSC. Which other social media sites that he’s not a member of owe him a duty of care - perhaps the RAC? The Twitter account of the Royal Academy? The Twitter account of the BBC?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
As far as we know, the lad isn’t a member of NSC. Which other social media sites that he’s not a member of owe him a duty of care - perhaps the RAC? The Twitter account of the Royal Academy? The Twitter account of the BBC?

That’s up to them. (And many do lock down discussions like this if reported) but This is NSC and you clearly think it’s ok - I don’t.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
That’s up to them. (And many do lock down discussions like this if reported) but This is NSC and you clearly think it’s ok - I don’t.

I didn't comment on whether it's "ok" - I queried your assertion that NSC "owes him a duty of care". I just don't see how it does, any more than the other sites I cited do. If you're instead arguing that no site on the internet should allow any criticism of anyone in the world who may be vulnerable, then that's a very laudable aim, but utterly unachievable.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Well, an easy way to get it shut down would be to use the thread to start reporting on the latest GMB threads in relation to the Albion. That would do the job.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Exactly. This was all over Twitter where he was a member. He's not here afaik.

People need to be aware that the club will crack down heavily on ticket touting and there's no harm in making this decision explicit. Five years is a lot more leniant that a lifetime ban. Regardless of his mental state (which we only have his word for) and age, it's touting.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Again, we're talking about a 17 year old lad - who will be able to drink in pubs in under 12 months. Can currently drive a car, doesn't have to be in education. He is old enough to take responsibility for this.

No-one was concerned about a vulnerable teenager posting videos on YouTube all the time, or other threads about him on here.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Perhaps the people sat next to him will be delighted that they don't have that smartphone camera waggling away on a stick next to them at future games,

That alone is worth a 5-year ban. Just watch the game!

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
You can tell he’s a passionate Brighton fan, the ban will be a big punishment for him. As far as mistakes go this was a biggie but I’m sure he’ll learn from it. The length of ban seems appropriate, it could have been much worse.

I am throwing a parade in your honour...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
5 year ban seems about right to me. A lifetime ban would have been overly harsh, being as he's (a) only 17 and (b) clearly a bit thick. That doesn't absolve him of his behaviour, neither do his subsequent claims of mental health issues, but the club HAS to demonstrate that there are serious consequences for ticket touting. If they'd let it slide this time, or just issued a 1 season ban, then thats really not much of a deterrent if someone else fancies chancing it.

He's made a stupid mistake and is now paying for it, so there's no need for him to be hung out to dry or vilified. Hopefully he'll learn from it and will return in 5 years time a little wiser. Lord knows what league we'll be in by then mind.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Nonsense.

He broke the (extremely well publicised) rules. He did it deliberately to make himself money. He has used (totally undiagnosed) "mental health issues"as an excuse for his actions. You are using the fact that he is 17 years old for excusing his behaviour. Been ok if he was 18 then?

Totally right and proper that this idiot's appalling behaviour is being discussed here.

As some of my other posts might demonstrate, I don't blindly agree with every action that the club, and particularly Barber takes, but on this one they are 100% right (and I would not have argued against a lifetime ban either)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The whole Fusion Josh tale has been a sad one IMHO.

From people getting ridiculously out of their pram because he enjoys videoing himself at games, to him seeing a chance to make a quick buck, but it's blown up in his face. And he's run for cover, trying to make up an excuse.

I never understood why anyone should get worked up about another individual enjoying themselves in a different way at games. It doesn't affect those who don't want to wave their cameras around at games, so why worry. Each to their own. And now this. Blimey, did no-one make a mistake in life, did no-one aged 17, do things without thinking through the full consequences? Or have everyone forgotten what they were like at 17?

Some people are talking about "lifetime bans"! Jesus wept. I'm 47 and if I was still be unable to go to games because of a daft moment I had 30 years ago, I'd be feeling like it was somewhat excessive.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin

Vulnerable?

Hardly, anxiety and depression are very easy full backs for people to excuse their behaviour. It's effectively the same thing as blaming ADHD on your children's behaviour, rather than effective parenting. Before anyone cries foul about this, I've GAD since I was 12 years old but still fundamentally believe I am responsible for all my actions. This lad's trying to avoid responsibility behind mental health.

This type of behaviour devalues and desensitizes the reality of mental health problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here