Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wan Bissaka to Man Utd - £55m transfer fee agreed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The franchises best player so huge huge blow for them - biggest in their 9 year history to be fair. At least this sets the precedent for Dunks value - £550mil minimum. Montoya twice the player this kid is too.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Fantastic deal for Palace and you could argue great spot by Hodgson to convert him from a winger to a full back.

Only seen him play against us home and away over the last two seasons, in my book he's no better than Bernardo.

I can’t see anyone paying a world record fee for Bernardo somehow.
Hodgson didn’t convert him to a full back btw.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Great deal for you. Grudgingly well done however I can’t wait to see the next Sorloth or Benteke trudging on to wilted Selhurst turf as you blow the money on absolute shite!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey

I can only go on what I've seen and while the stats say he's a good defender I'm not sure he has a huge amount of end product going forward and he's been ineffective in the games I've seen him.
Sorry if I'm wrong but I'm sure he started as a wide attacking midfielder and converted into a full back, actually his Wiki page confirms that fact.

theboybilly

£55m is nothing for a Top 6 club nowadays and AWB is hardly a real gamble. United have serious defensive flaws that need fixing quickly and there's no better way of starting the process than this deal. Let's be honest, AWB is a class act and will fit in immediately. They've just got to replace Smalling & Jones now

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Superb deal for a player that can’t really mark or defend probably, as his real talent is making saving tackles from his poor positioning. Have you seen Van Dyke have to make a tackle? No, as he knows how to defend. He reminds me of Peter Smith. Great deal
For a player who is at best potentially a full back that can improve, but could be just a defender with only one foot who will not improve. Wonderful business for Palace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I would have thought the Average White Band were too old to have any sort of playing career left in them......

As they said themselves: " Let's go round again / Maybe we'll turn back the hands of time / Let's go round again / One more time."

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As they said themselves: " Let's go round again / Maybe we'll turn back the hands of time / Let's go round again / One more time."

Although that was pretty much the last time they did.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Watched him against France the other night. He got into some good attacking positions...but then invariably either got tackled, or passed it straight to a blue shirt. Tomori was constantly coming across to cover for him as he sauntered back. Then he scooped the ball into the roof of the net from under his keepers nose for the winner.

But of course, the GOONSQUAD insist he is the new Cafu because Danny Murphy gave him a pat on the head in a couple of brief MOTD highlights against Plucky and Huddersfield.

Twas ever the case.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
£50m - That's half a stand.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I can only go on what I've seen and while the stats say he's a good defender I'm not sure he has a huge amount of end product going forward and he's been ineffective in the games I've seen him.
Sorry if I'm wrong but I'm sure he started as a wide attacking midfielder and converted into a full back, actually his Wiki page confirms that fact.

He did start out as a winger, but was converted to a full back before Hodgson arrived at the club .

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
"We're Palace, we're Palace, we're Palace,
We got £30m for Wan Biss, plus £25m in add-ons that we'll never see,
And that's the way Parish does business, does business, does business,
Wooo-oooh, wooo-oooh, woooo..."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Palace selling their best players, what’s not to like? Zaha next please

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
It’s all very well slagging off Palace and mocking where the money is going but they have produced youth team players who have developed and are now worth a lot of money.

Where are ours?

Wan- Bissaka and Zaha are ex Palace youth who are worth more than our entire squad put together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Some weird comments on here including people saying he can’t defend despite clearly leading the tackling stats for last season.

He looks a really good old fashioned full back. My question if I was a United fan is a fullback who offers nothing going forward worthy of that sort of money? When you consider that Liverpool had 20+ assists from their fullbacks it shows that they’re massively important going forward now. AWB; despite starting as a winger has shown literally no attacking threat. My other concern would be whether he’s another Zaha where the second you take him out of his South London comfort zone he falls apart. Time will tell.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
My other concern would be whether he’s another Zaha where the second you take him out of his South London comfort zone he falls apart. Time will tell.

Well, he has looked pretty average for the England U23s and when Palace played us last season. Those are big games where he disappeared or made big mistakes.

I think the big club thing will phase him. You can take a Player out of the Palace but you can’t take Palace out of the Player (small club mentality).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here