Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever he goes, benchwarmer most of the time if it’s a big club

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I agree. Although the fact that he's actually come out and said "I want to leave" is amusing enough.

I reckon his agent has told the club he wants another new contract on £175k a week. Disney's gone "but we're skint mate!" and Zaha's chucked the toys.

It's a win win really. He stays and sulks while Palace fans know that their hero wants out of their cesspit. Or he leaves, Man United get a nice touch, Palace get barely enough to clear their annual losses and relegation becomes more likely.

LOLZ!

Mahrez can finish tho
Their goals to game ratio this season is very similar, but consider who they play for.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
FWIW Paddy Power aren't even offering Man City as an option.

Spurs 11/10
Arsenal 21/10
Dortmund 13/2
Leicester 14/1
Wolves 14/1
Bayern 20/1
Liverpool 20/1
Man Utd 40/1

What are Wolves and Leicester even doing in the betting :D

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What are Wolves and Leicester even doing in the betting :D

Did he say he wants Champions League next season? Or just somewhere with infinitely more chance of it than he currently has?

If the latter then reasonable shouts.... with Arsenal wobbling, Chelsea transfer ban, no City....

If he means next season, then I am very confident he'll still be playing for you next season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As everyone has seen, he's been an abject failure for Man Utd, Cardiff and England, so its going to be a MASSIVE risk for anyone who chances their arm and signs the SEGW, especially given the ludicrous numbers involved for what is essentially a petulant flaky winger who has 1 good game in 5 and cries when he's tackled.

Not for me, Clive.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
If he means next season, then I am very confident he'll still be playing for you next season.

Could well happen, Only a couple of clubs could/would meet our valuation of him.

Maybe a deal could be done with Spurs with a couple of players coming our way plus cash.

Good luck to Wilf whatever he decides, Has always given 100% for us.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Wouldn't be surprised with Hazard going to Madrid, Chelsea might offer some cash (£10m e.g) plus RLC maybe? They'll need someone to replace Hazard? Or just RLC and Batshuayi?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Wouldn't be surprised with Hazard going to Madrid, Chelsea might offer some cash (£10m e.g) plus RLC maybe? They'll need someone to replace Hazard? Or just RLC and Batshuayi?

Yep good shout, Batshuayi or RLC could well have been a part of a deal with Chelsea but they have a transfer embargo this summer, Think this has scuppered any deals with them.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
He seems nowhere near strong enough mentally to be a small fish in a big pond. In my opinion.

And mine as well. Palace are set up for him and that’s not going to happen at one of the to six. He’s not going to be the head honcho. Also, he hasn’t been great this season, certainly not compared to last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
And mine as well. Palace are set up for him and that’s not going to happen at one of the to six. He’s not going to be the head honcho. Also, he hasn’t been great this season, certainly not compared to last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yep. He's just doing his annual "give me even more money" trick. Unfortunately Palace don't have any more money this time so it may well backfire on him.

As I said, it's a win win from our perspective.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If he was realistic about his own ability, he would go to a Wolves/Everton/Leicester, and do well there - I'm thinking of players like Maddison, Deulofeu, Arnautovic, Sigurdsson, that standard.

However, as there are "only two players in the World better than him" - he will probably try to go somewhere above his station again, and the same thing will happen, again.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He seems nowhere near strong enough mentally to be a small fish in a big pond. In my opinion.

And his decision making can be shocking - Palace play in such a way that he gets plenty of chances, he wastes more than half of them. He won't be given the ball quite so much at a bigger side.

Would his decision making improve with better players around him making better runs?

He knows it’s pointless passing to Benteke, even if free with an open goal.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Aren't Chelsea banned from getting players in for a while?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I just put this on Twitter. Spurs won't pay that. Chelsea can't buy him. No to Liverpool, City, Utd.

Arsenal maybe?

Arsenal are in real trouble if they don’t get CL money with the current wage bill

I’m not sure they can afford much this summer.

Even if the get CL football via the EL the pay out is considerably less than via the league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here