Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Net Wealth, Investment & TB

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Only ever been one POTLESS owner at this club and he used the Wembley 83 Cup Final money to build himself a swimming pool in Marbella in the shape of Eva Bosnia Herzegovina's BOOBS.

This is the perfect time to bring back Dean WIlkins (tight SHORTS) as manager. SEVENTH heaven.
POOR effort. You really can't post as bhadebenhams, but then go on to rehash yet another ERNEST rant.

For PITY'S sake man, stay in CHARACTER!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was once told it was £5bn with all his assets and property etc but then again somebody who said he was ITK said it was only about £500m, who really knows
The only possible thing to take from that, is that people talk a lot of shit, and it's best ignored.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Hard to know yes but I "reasonable stab" would be:

Ground Value (if part of same company)
Academy Value
Equipment & Other property
Squad Value
Any rights or IP
A multiple of profit or revenue, less,

Debts, Loans and Other Liabilities

and we know we have people on here with the insight on this. The point wasn't value it was TB's financial commitment and how that impacts on your decision making and why.
I think El Presidente said rated at £250 million on Albion Unlimited.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think El Presidente said rated at £250 million on Albion Unlimited.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

£250m value, really, I'd say considerably more than that:

Stadium, plus Academy, plus squad, plus Premier league status

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
My season ticket every year takes up most of my net worth........

Likewise - don’t get me wrong, I appreciate what he has done for the club but I also recognise that he didn’t do it for me!

It annoys me when I see in threads the suggestion that he has subsidised the cost of my ticket via his investment in the club, I could equally claim that I have subsidised his hobby by buying a ticket - neither statement is correct.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Likewise - don’t get me wrong, I appreciate what he has done for the club but I also recognise that he didn’t do it for me!

It annoys me when I see in threads the suggestion that he has subsidised the cost of my ticket via his investment in the club, I could equally claim that I have subsidised his hobby by buying a ticket - neither statement is correct.

I think people's admiration for him is where would we be without his money, as fun as it may have been Withdean wasn't sustainable for Brighton as a football club and without his injection of cash we could've slowly drifted down the leagues and into non-league obscurity.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The fact that he manages to stay off the Sunday Times Rich List year after year tells me that he is very good at disguising his new worth. I believe it's at the high end of the estimates.

I believe you can tell The Sunday Times to do one.
Otherwise a man who has spent £300,000,000 of his pocket money on one project, would be listed for that alone.

I guess TB would be very much in a minority of billionaires when it comes to showing off his wealth

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I believe you can tell The Sunday Times to do one.
Otherwise a man who has spent £300,000,000 of his pocket money on one project, would be listed for that alone.

I guess TB would be very much in a minority of billionaires when it comes to showing off his wealth

Agreed, if you think that most of his wealth is possibly tied up in shares and property this isn't a petty cash investment for him!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Its none of my business what TB wealth sits at, I am and will always be eternally grateful for his investment and having him as chairman.

All we know is he has chucked around 300M the way of the club he and we love.

And although the recent decision re Chris H would have been a tough one, I fully back it now its happened.

I would have loved however to have been able to thank Chris H for the job he did in his 4 and a half years with us.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
People may criticise TB for dismissing Chris but if you had a quarter of ALL your assets wrapped up in a football club would you leave it to chance having nearly lost a massive earning / repayment opportunity?

If I had a quarter of all my assets wrapped up in a football club, the remaining three-quarters would just about be enough to live on, assuming no surprise bills.

On the other hand, Tony's remaining three-quarters...

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
No so, the higher estimate was from an ex, I think, director of BHA. The lower from a chap who said his son was his partner in another business. So both as reliable as any info available on here. Very few know the true answer.

That's the problem with your info. How do you only 'think' they were an ex director at the Albion? Surely this would have been critical to the mythical conversation you had with this person as it would have been the whole context of said conversation.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It's strange though how people are almost dismissive of his significant investment because he has additional wealth, he still didn't need to spend it on BHAFC.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sorry - missed that.

So, net of debt, you think the Albion is worth considerably more than £250m?

I guess it depends on who owns the stadium and the academy, I'd imagine IF Sir Tony decided to put the club up for sale, nearly new stadium, nearly new Academy (with additional land and development opportunities), squad, Premier League status and football operating profits (TV rights mainly), I'd guess he'd get a lot more than £550m, i.e. debt repaid plus £250m in cash, but who knows, it's whatever people are prepared to pay and what their reason for purchase is.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I guess it depends on who owns the stadium and the academy, I'd imagine IF Sir Tony decided to put the club up for sale, nearly new stadium, nearly new Academy (with additional land and development opportunities), squad, Premier League status and football operating profits (TV rights mainly), I'd guess he'd get a lot more than £550m, i.e. debt repaid plus £250m in cash, but who knows, it's whatever people are prepared to pay and what their reason for purchase is.

I’m not a football finance expert (that’s [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION], of course), but I would honestly be gobsmacked if the Albion would go for £550m. On a “normal” industry basis it’s worth less than half that... imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here