Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool and their self-importance

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Amazing how little Liverpool have won in the past decade..

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
We should do one:

"They shoot on target, we don't shoot. They have midfielders who can score, we have midfielders who disappear. They have new signings who excite and entertain, we have new signings not allowed to work in this country"

We are shit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We are Brighton, we never score or win football matches, which makes us very spiteful about some other PL clubs.

NSC rarely used to have threads about PL clubs. But now we’re big time.

This. Who cares how other clubs present themelves to their own supporters? ???

To be honest, folks who have so much loathing for other clubs.....do you actually enjoy the game or is it just about showing how your town is better than their town? Personally I like football, and I like watching it. A few years ago most of us were up to our elbows in MOTD, and balls-deep into the champion's league. Now these clubs have suddenly become our rivals.....:facepalm:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone who does not want us to hand Liverpool the title on a plate on the last day of the season is a bad loon.

Depends on your age. I'm in my mid 40s and Liverpool dominated when I grew up, which meant that any plastic, insecure kid who was too stupid to find their way to the Goldstone "supported" them so they could always back a winner. Now they're finally in with a shout of silverware the same lot are suddenly out of the woodwork turning Facebook in to a shit fest and turning their Sussex born, Sussex raised kids in to a new generation of plastics.

Plus, there are those absolute COCKWOMBLES from the King and Queen.

If City end up winning the league I'll piss myself laughing and then I'll double down if Barca win the Champions League.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This. Who cares how other clubs present themelves to their own supporters? ???

To be honest, folks who have so much loathing for other clubs.....do you actually enjoy the game or is it just about showing how your town is better than their town? Personally I like football, and I like watching it. A few years ago most of us were up to our elbows in MOTD, and balls-deep into the champion's league. Now these clubs have suddenly become our rivals.....:facepalm:

Every time Liverpool play anyone, the same old names start bitter threads. So weird that LFC have 20 angry middle/aged haters, tucked away in the outpost of Sussex, creating these threads. ManC will clearly win the title, they’re an amazing machine that chalks up WWWWWWWWW’s ... so no one has anything to get angry about.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
They certainly have a very special fan base ....

scouser-scousers-liverpool-1137972-o.jpg

(standard scouse crowd photo added to all LFC related threads *tick*)

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Depends on your age. I'm in my mid 40s and Liverpool dominated when I grew up, which meant that any plastic, insecure kid who was too stupid to find their way to the Goldstone "supported" them so they could always back a winner. Now they're finally in with a shout of silverware the same lot are suddenly out of the woodwork turning Facebook in to a shit fest and turning their Sussex born, Sussex raised kids in to a new generation of plastics.

If City end up winning the league I'll piss myself laughing and then I'll double down if Barca win the Champions League.

Another reason I never do Facebook. Other than gossipy or boastful Mums and looney Trump supporters, why would intelligent folk look at Facebook?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Tell me about it, I grew up in Sussex in the 80's yet hardly any kid in my school supported the Albion, it was full of Liverpool glory hunters. Plastics before the word was invented

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
And I think you left off the worst, most arrogant bit of the whole thing... 'It Means More'.

If you are a proper/true fan, it means as much whoever your team is, in whatever league, or competition you happen to play in.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Another reason I never do Facebook. Other than gossipy or boastful Mums and looney Trump supporters, why would intelligent folk look at Facebook?

I'm on running Facebook groups and I worked all over the world in my 30s. FB keps me in touch with the guys I met in Europe, Asia and Australia. 90% of it is terrible, 10% of it is amazing. Football banter groups are probably in the 5% worst bit of the 90%.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tell me about it, I grew up in Sussex in the 80's yet hardly any kid in my school supported the Albion, it was full of Liverpool glory hunters. Plastics before the word was invented

At school in Sussex in the early/mid 70’s, most kids were either Albion or Leeds. It started earlier than that. In the 90’s every other kid in the park or work colleague was a ManU fan.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm on running Facebook groups and I worked all over the world in my 30s. FB keps me in touch with the guys I met in Europe, Asia and Australia. 90% of it is terrible, 10% of it is amazing. Football banter groups are probably in the 5% worst bit of the 90%.

Lucky. When relatives got me to sign up, because my cousin was dying of cancer, for me it comprised boastful mums and people plugging Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here