Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2019 Thread

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I’m quite surprised by some of the negativity from Jags fans surrounding Foles’ arrival, it’s almost like they’ve forgotten how bad Bortles was last season.

I'm not a huge fan of it at the price we've paid. Nobody else was bidding so why pay over the odds? I get the whole 'we want to show he's our guy' and 'we want the locker room to respect him' but it still seems excessive.

I wouldn't have hated having Tyrod for a year and drafting a rookie but we're only going to hold onto this defence for so long, so makes sense to get a guy who can make us win now.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I would love to see Duke in a more prominent role, & have said so right from his rookie year. Such a talented ball player, & Miami U's All Time leading rusher when drafted, but hes not getting the reps, or recognition, he deserves IMO. I did read the other day that he had deleted a load of Browns stuff from his social media - whether this is true or not I dont know - but it wouldn't surprise me to see him used as trade bait over the next few days...unfortunately. As much as I hate to say it, he would probably be better off out of there...if he does stay in Cleveland he will have yet another frustrating season I reckon.

Interesting, I’ve followed his career since watching live at the Sun Life Stadium, think he went for 4 td’s that night. He had a nice little spell last season and you couldn’t blame him for wanting more touches.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm not a huge fan of it at the price we've paid. Nobody else was bidding so why pay over the odds? I get the whole 'we want to show he's our guy' and 'we want the locker room to respect him' but it still seems excessive.

I wouldn't have hated having Tyrod for a year and drafting a rookie but we're only going to hold onto this defence for so long, so makes sense to get a guy who can make us win now.

Fair points, personally I’m delighted with Foles, even if he turns out to be an average 15th-20th level QB it’ll still be a huge upgrade as Blake genuinely couldn’t throw the ball, just think about that for a sec :lol: sure Foles has been paid, but it’s not wild money, hopefully the front office know what they’re doing ??? We desperately need to bolster the o-line now, Robinson-Norwell-Linder is fine, Cann has re-signed, definitely need a new RT as Parnell has gone and it doesn’t look like Richardson is up to it. Need to get some weapons for Foles too, a TE is an absolute must, we’re very light at RB too. We don’t have much wiggle room left in Free Agency so the draft is huge, I’m not sure I trust Caldwell to get it right sadly, he’s had 1 good draft class in 5 years :(

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Fair points, personally I’m delighted with Foles, even if he turns out to be an average 15th-20th level QB it’ll still be a huge upgrade as Blake genuinely couldn’t throw the ball, just think about that for a sec :lol: sure Foles has been paid, but it’s not wild money, hopefully the front office know what they’re doing ??? We desperately need to bolster the o-line now, Robinson-Norwell-Linder is fine, Cann has re-signed, definitely need a new RT as Parnell has gone and it doesn’t look like Richardson is up to it. Need to get some weapons for Foles too, a TE is an absolute must, we’re very light at RB too. We don’t have much wiggle room left in Free Agency so the draft is huge, I’m not sure I trust Caldwell to get it right sadly, he’s had 1 good draft class in 5 years :(

I don't trust the front office, especially Caldwell! lol

Hopefully they can surprise us though.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I know a few Giants fans who are not happy he is now part of the Dawg Pound. I think it's a good move, he gets out of the Giants and their misplaced loyalty to Manning. They've had 8 wins in the last 33 games and he joins a club on the up led by Baker Mayfield with a very competent GM, John Dorsey. Also Jarvis Landry is OBJ's best mate.

Beckham can come over as bit of a knob, but I think some of that is borne out of frustration with the rest of his team. Make no mistake, on his day he is a great wide receiver.

Giants had better stats without OBJ in recent times.

Good move for the Giants IMO and immediately replace Landon Collins, improve the offensive line, not to mention the draft picks which they may use to either to recruit or trade.

Was disappointed at first but actually on reflection quite pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Giants had better stats without OBJ in recent times.

Good move for the Giants IMO and immediately replace Landon Collins, improve the offensive line, not to mention the draft picks which they may use to either to recruit or trade.

Was disappointed at first but actually on reflection quite pleased.

Most franchises would love to have a player as good as OBJ and you traded him away for a pretty modest price. I would understand it if you were tanking but why then sign Golden Tate? Are you going to trade Sterling Sheppard too?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Tate and Shepard two quality slot receivers, don’t forget Eli doesn’t have the arm he once did.

OBJ in the last two seasons has not been on the field that much, but injury free would remain a deep threat.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Tate and Shepard two quality slot receivers, don’t forget Eli doesn’t have the arm he once did.

OBJ in the last two seasons has not been on the field that much, but injury free would remain a deep threat.

More receptions for Engram coming I reckon.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
They have spoken about that, but is there anyone with the required potential?

Well Haskins seems to be the popular pick..... however Daniel Jones seems the best fit for the Giants... links already to Eli Manning through his coach at Duke and probably better suited to the Giants seamlessly moving on from Manning to his successor.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Tyreek Hill under investigation for Battery - Breaking 3 year olds arm. Not yet charged.

"The Kansas City Chiefs have confirmed to The Star that they are aware of a law enforcement investigation involving wide receiver Tyreek Hill.

The Kansas Department of Children and Families also said it is investigating.

“I can only confirm we received a report and an investigation is ongoing,” said Mike Deines, spokesperson for DCF, who declined to comment further.

The Star has obtained a police report from the Overland Park Police Department about a battery incident that lists a juvenile as the victim. Hill’s fiancee, Crystal Espinal, 24, is listed under “others involved.”
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article227983684.html

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well Haskins seems to be the popular pick..... however Daniel Jones seems the best fit for the Giants... links already to Eli Manning through his coach at Duke and probably better suited to the Giants seamlessly moving on from Manning to his successor.

Hmmm..... think I’d be tempted to wait 12 months and try and trade up, as there is some quality QBs coming in 2020 draft. Georgia QB is strong, as is Stanford’s and Oregon’s.

But, the drawback is that Eli is in Bruno territory and may not fancy another year, so the Giants will lose the opportunity of a learning year.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Hmmm..... think I’d be tempted to wait 12 months and try and trade up, as there is some quality QBs coming in 2020 draft. Georgia QB is strong, as is Stanford’s and Oregon’s.

But, the drawback is that Eli is in Bruno territory and may not fancy another year, so the Giants will lose the opportunity of a learning year.

Who knows, after trading OBJ this week I’m not sure they even have a strategy anymore.

I still wouldn’t rule out them trading for Josh Rosen if the Cards take Murray at #1 .... think there would be a big market for him as they seem to think it would only take a 3rd round pick to get him. I’m kinda hoping the skins pick him up for a 3rd rounder as even with Case Keenam they need another relatively cheap option at QB while Smith is injured and taking a huge chunk of cap space.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here