Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Correct. Sad way for democracy to be railroaded. By the very people installed to protect us. Goaded on by right wing thugs.

Ah, yes I get it, it's only democracy if the result goes the way you want it.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Slightly at a tangent here - but I noticed that one of the biggest advocates for a second referendum is Yvette Cooper.

Her Parliamentary constituency,(Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford area) voted by a 69.3% - 30.7% majority to Leave the EU. That's a massive majority.

Chris Failing Grayling (didn't know until today he was born on April 1st) is a Brexiter, yet his constituency of Epsom and Ewell voted 52.1% to remain, and 47.9% Leave.

I thought that MPs were supposed to represent their electorate?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Are you gonna need everything explained to you? I voted to remain. I voted to remain because I was nowhere nearly informed about the consequences of leaving the EU.

So how were you informed enough to know the consequences of voting remain ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Slightly at a tangent here - but I noticed that one of the biggest advocates for a second referendum is Yvette Cooper.

Her Parliamentary constituency,(Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford area) voted by a 69.3% - 30.7% majority to Leave the EU. That's a massive majority.

Chris Failing Grayling (didn't know until today he was born on April 1st) is a Brexiter, yet his constituency of Epsom and Ewell voted 52.1% to remain, and 47.9% Leave.

I'm pretty sure that it's already been proven that if every MP voted how their constituency voted that leave would hold a majority of MPs.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So how were you informed enough to know the consequences of voting remain ?

Uhm, well because I have lived in the EU for 41 years. I know how it works and what effect it has on my life and the UK as a whole. I'm aware of the good and the bad and can live with the bad for the greater good.

You're not normally this daft, I think you're on a wind up today?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Uhm, well because I have lived in the EU for 41 years. I know how it works and what effect it has on my life and the UK as a whole. I'm aware of the good and the bad and can live with the bad for the greater good.

You're not normally this daft, I think you're on a wind up today?

Rubbish .... you voted for the status quo .... you had no idea what the future plans of the EU were when you voted.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Rubbish .... you voted for the status quo .... you had no idea what the future plans of the EU were when you voted.

As opposed to voting for the unknown and pure lies like £350m spent on the NHS a week.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

You're playing a very weak hand continuing with that argument. It is demonstrably clear that we are better off in the EU than out. It has served me well for 41 years and it would continue to do so. I believe the EU would have more power in the UK and more say over our lives in the future. I welcome that, especially when we have a Tory government with no real opposition. The EU protects our human rights, the ones May wanted to get rid of. In such times we need an outside organisation to protect us.

But you know all this, you tinker.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
You're playing a very weak hand continuing with that argument. It is demonstrably clear that we are better off in the EU than out. It has served me well for 41 years and it would continue to do so. I believe the EU would have more power in the UK and more say over our lives in the future. I welcome that, especially when we have a Tory government with no real opposition. The EU protects our human rights, the ones May wanted to get rid of. In such times we need an outside organisation to protect us.

But you know all this, you tinker.

And your post is EXACTLY why 17.4m people voted to leave. We don't want an 'outside organisation' to have more power or say over our lives than our elected government.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

There is an element of this, but if you voted for Brexit in June 2016 you didn’t know what the day after we actually left would look like (either flying happy unicorns or the four horseman of the apocalypse). Voting for remain you could reasonably assume that the equivalent day would be like the day before. So on that basis you did have an idea of what you were voting for.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And your post is EXACTLY why 17.4m people voted to leave. We don't want an 'outside organisation' to have more power or say over our lives than our elected government.

They are a force for good. Their powers improve our lives. We have veto over many things we don't like. Very little is forced on us. Very little indeed. You warbling on about Sovereignty and other jingoistic myths changes nothing. You deal in myth, rumours, lies and guesswork. I deal in facts. Deal with it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

The ones who didn't vote are always forgotten.

However, an MP is meant to represent them as well - all their electorate, in fact - and so needs to make a judgement call as to what is in the interests of those who didn't feel able to make the decision themselves.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You are absolutely right. However, a significant chunk of those 17.4m people are therefore turkeys voting for Christmas.

car workers - car production will eventually move away from the UK unless we can find tariff free agreement with the EU
the low pay and those reliant on benefits - now at the mercy of the right-wing economic fringe of the Tory party. People like IDS are clueless and evil, and doesn't care about the mess he makes of the lives of the vulnerable.
farmers - fast realising that the reason they voted out (the terrible CAP) will end up being replaced by concessions to the US over various methods - chlorinated chicken for example, watch this space. Never mind the impact on their exports.
exporters - probably not unreasonably expected some sort of deal. Now at the mercy of clowns in the Tory party playing politics and being happy with no deal.

I am just not sure the reason so many voted out which is highly debatable anyway (being in control of our own lives) is a price worth paying. Other countries watch on with incredulity, and really I'm not surprised. We're like lemmings.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Utter, utter, utter bullshit.

Seriously - probably the wrongest post in a million-page thread full of wrongness.

You haven't the first idea EXACTLY what the other 17,399,999 people voted for. Not a clue. :rolleyes:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Seriously - probably the wrongest post in a million-page thread full of wrongness.

You haven't the first idea EXACTLY what the other 17,399,999 people voted for. Not a clue. :rolleyes:

They could all just be racists.

:lolol:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

Feel free to tell me then ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here