Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] New iPhones - 2018 edition

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
As a Macintosh user from the beginning and an early adopter to the original iPhone, I am very happy with the latest round of upgrades. I shall, as always be upgrading. Apple refresh is amazing. Happy customer.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Am probably gonna bite the bullet and go for an XS but can’t decide on silver or grey - any advice on what looked better on the x from any owners of last year’s?

As the front of both is exactly the same it doesn't really matter as most people have the back and sides covered by a case anyway. I shall go with whichever I can get delivered soonest tomorrow morning as the pre-orders for release day always sell out very fast.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
As the front of both is exactly the same it doesn't really matter as most people have the back and sides covered by a case anyway. I shall go with whichever I can get delivered soonest tomorrow morning as the pre-orders for release day always sell out very fast.
Kinda what I was thinking as nothing to choose between those 2 colours (don’t want gold)

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I can't decide whether to not buy one now or not buy one later, can anyone give me some advice please?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Does anyone know if I were to buy an iPhone in Canada if it would work with a UK SIM card?

If you just buy it from Apple it will be unlocked and will work with UK providers.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Does anyone know if I were to buy an iPhone in Canada if it would work with a UK SIM card?

Remember it will exceed your customs limit so should be declared. Don't do what I did a few years ago when I bought a MacBook Air in the US, and somehow forgot to declare it when I returned to the UK.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Have been very pleased with my X, but missing the plus sized screen. Just went through the pre-approval for the XS Max with Apple and will be snagging one at midnight tonight!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Have been very pleased with my X, but missing the plus sized screen. Just went through the pre-approval for the XS Max with Apple and will be snagging one at midnight tonight!

Pre-approval? Do they have to check that you're worthy of owning one?

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Pre-approval? Do they have to check that you're worthy of owning one?

They do a clothes and hair check, to make sure you look right to have the new phone.

(and as part of the apple upgrade program, it splits the cost into 24 monthly payments at 0%APR - when you first join they run a credit check, but they dont in future years as you upgrade. I've always gotten via carrier not direct from Apple so you can get pre-approved on the apple store app so you dont need to faff around at midnight on release)

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Remember it will exceed your customs limit so should be declared. Don't do what I did a few years ago when I bought a MacBook Air in the US, and somehow forgot to declare it when I returned to the UK.

That would be very careless......

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
They do a clothes and hair check, to make sure you look right to have the new phone.

(and as part of the apple upgrade program, it splits the cost into 24 monthly payments at 0%APR - when you first join they run a credit check, but they dont in future years as you upgrade. I've always gotten via carrier not direct from Apple so you can get pre-approved on the apple store app so you dont need to faff around at midnight on release)

What is the required look? I'm guessing it's something like: check shirt, brown boots, chinos or skinny jeans, leather manbag, well trimmed beard, thick rimmed glasses.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here