Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Chess Club

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I'll set up as many matches as you guys want.......

I got a message last night from the guy in Argentina that's putting us into the world football league next year ( can't be now, because they are 9 games in ), so we're in the process there.....

I'm in the process of similar with the Champions league......

Trust me, we're all on it, and that includes all of us that joined, even you! xxxxxxxxxx

I reckon we try and get a couple more concurrent games at a time, always waiting on a result or 2. I think I'll try and dig out some teams with 8+ active players and <1300ish what do you think, get us on the radar some more and hopefully some wins what do you think? I'm not holding out much hope against Romania lookig at their ratings it'll be good experience though. And we could do with the other games finishing off at some point

Pickles

May 5, 2014
It's easy to send challenges, as you found out x.... but at the end of the day, it's down to them.

I tend to pm their most active admin, then second etc and say we'd like to play, as a new team etc....

Then, when they're short pm again and ask them to put it on their boards etc.

Mind you, I didn't do well with the Bournemouth four....!

It's all learning and asking the right questions.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
And we're off against Romania. Good luck all we'll need the games of our lives here

I’ve just kicked off. Have a feeling they are going to be be very slow players.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And we're off against Romania. Good luck all we'll need the games of our lives here

Hmm... I suddenly seem to have moved up a couple of places and am against a guy with a rating nearly 200 higher than mine. This is going to be tough.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Hmm... I suddenly seem to have moved up a couple of places and am against a guy with a rating nearly 200 higher than mine. This is going to be tough.

As Attila said before the first match, play the board not the rating. I’ve played loads with ratings below me who have beaten me and I’ve beaten higher rated players. It only means so much.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Yes we are all underdogs I think pretty much.

However we are Team NSC - Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts Since 1901

There's a match day thread in our forum over there. Please check it all if you havent already. My guy has started though going to try and really think about my game on this one!!

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Me and BH-Albion still battling on for pride against Zenit St.Petersburg...It's turned out to be a humbling match for us!

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Played my first move as white immediately on getting notification of the match starting. No response from the opposition or indeed, their first move as white. Clearly they are not as excited as us. Hopefully the games will move along at a reasonable clip

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Played my first move as white immediately on getting notification of the match starting. No response from the opposition or indeed, their first move as white. Clearly they are not as excited as us. Hopefully the games will move along at a reasonable clip

Yeah most of the players that did start last night (this morning) on their team only pretty much made one move then buggered off. There's a match thread in our forum and a couple more games in the pipeline coming up hopefully, we're kinda learning as we go on who to challlenge and stuff but seems to be ok. Trying to get a few lower ranked teams if poss as we are pretty new still and need a few games. Russian teams are likely being boycotted for a while!

The Romania match is going to be hard, we are the huge underdogs but hoping for a coupla good results in there at least

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I checked out my Romanian opponent. He has 35 games on the go at the moment so it looks like this is going to be a very slow burn.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Could we try and do a Blitz tournament some time? Lose interest quite quickly with the 1 day format and enjoy playing the odd 10 min blitz games. Yes it would have to be when majority of people are free (I'll have a guess of Sundays are probably best).

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Could we try and do a Blitz tournament some time? Lose interest quite quickly with the 1 day format and enjoy playing the odd 10 min blitz games. Yes it would have to be when majority of people are free (I'll have a guess of Sundays are probably best).

Yeah sounds a plan, we'll figure it out
Add me as a friend I'm often online and play a bit of blitz whilst i am waiting for impatient people like you :) Invariably I end up losing both
sqlmatt on there

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I just forced a stalemate in the best blitz game ever. Heres how it finished

:rock: :laugh:punk: :rock: :laugh:punk:

Capture.JPG

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
How many queens does one man need?

Yes I know, I meant to post this on a gay dating site.

Sad I know. I have been playing and forfeiting all my pieces as quickly as possible to see if someone would bite, he had me ready for check mate with zero queens but promoted 5 pawns and I was bobbing in and out for the draw, really sad I know. Funny as though. The player before me told me to **** Off

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Great satisfaction in being reduced to a king and your opponent messes it up :lolol:

I was laughing out loud when the 2nd came in and he started pushing all the others forward. I watched a GM yesterday win a 9 queen game for shits and giggles, it's nearly impossible to not get a stalemate. I'm pleased with that!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Go back to move 52 and he did rH7 to try and avoid the stalemate but he still ****ed it up, 54 moves in 2 mins 46 seconds, I am so chuffed lol

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here