Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Absolutely murder. If you look at the video and the way she was climbing (using both hands meaning there was no chance she could be armed) she could easily have been stopped without shooting her in the neck. Plenty of time to aim somewhere else if he necessarily had to shot her.

‘Aim somewhere else’. firearms don’t work like that. The calibre of weapon means that at close range you’ll likely hit an artery or bone which is pretty much catastrophic. There’s no such thing as ‘winging’ someone. That’s for the movies.
Murder my arse. If you attack a government building, especially in the US, it will only ever end one way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Spoken as someone thousands of miles away from the event and not facing a couple of thousand people screaming in your face and carrying a set of gallows.

This thread and this board in general is filled with people commenting on events that happened far away.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
One of the most over-dramatised events in recent history is what was going on. 2000 fat dumb incels playing a game of rebellion.

Attacking the seat of government. Incredibly stupid I grant you but certainly not over dramatised

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Attacking the seat of government. Incredibly stupid I grant you but certainly not over dramatised

If you have x thousand protesters and no riot police whatsoever, what happened is the only logical outcome. Most of the people would have entered just because they could and would not have wanted and any less dared to do any significant harm besides some cluttering on the walls or breaking some furniture.

It has been descriped as an "attempted coup d'etat" etc. which is highly exaggerated. The potential damage was very limited. If they had managed to occupy the building for any prolonged time, most would have gone home to play Counter-Strike before the night was over, and anyone staying beyond a certain amout of time would have been teargassed and the thing would have been dealt with.

Obviously not a non-event but in the general scheme of things just a piss in the ocean, if there hadn't been a desire to label it as something else.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If you have x thousand protesters and no riot police whatsoever, what happened is the only logical outcome. Most of the people would have entered just because they could and would not have wanted and any less dared to do any significant harm besides some cluttering on the walls or breaking some furniture.

It has been descriped as an "attempted coup d'etat" etc. which is highly exaggerated. The potential damage was very limited. If they had managed to occupy the building for any prolonged time, most would have gone home to play Counter-Strike before the night was over, and anyone staying beyond a certain amout of time would have been teargassed and the thing would have been dealt with.

Obviously not a non-event but in the general scheme of things just a piss in the ocean, if there hadn't been a desire to label it as something else.

its not a matter of what the damage was, its the intent. protestors where trying to stop the process and obtain documents to refuse their use in the electrol college, in order to overturn the result. thats an attempted coup. they were mostly chancers but that was the objective of many present.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

It was an attack on the seat of government in an attempt to overturn an election result. That is treason.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well I don’t think you’re a fool and I apologize if it was implied. I don’t need to provide evidence that his son is a prat (that is being very kind) because everyone already knows that. Whether you think one president is better than the other depends,I suppose, on one’s ideology. I’m a conservative and you’re not, the character of the individual we’re voting for is often secondary, we just want what we feel is best for the country, regardless.

Anyhow, a link or two, give me 5 minutes…

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...-doj-investigation-into-hunter-biden-n2610966

https://nypost.com/2022/07/16/hunter-biden-laptop-shows-meetings-with-joe-business-partners/

https://thefederalist.com/2022/03/3...-what-we-all-knew-about-hunter-biden-in-2020/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/all-th...ork-post-new-york-times-joe-biden-11647637814

To be fair, these are conservative sites, but there are hundreds to sift through starting with the left wing ones. That’s how search engines work these days.

Thanks for the links. I have clicked and it is just innuendo. One calls Hunter Biden a crack addict. I just did a search on this. There is a link to a dodgy Youtube video that claims this is Hunter Biden filming himself weighing out cocaine. Dear oh dear. Breadcrumbs?

I attach below evidence that the TV Presenter, Robert Kilroy Silk went mad long before his 'what have the muslims ever given us?' rant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keCUoJK4MCg

And let's not forget, this is all being used to smear Biden himself.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This thread and this board in general is filled with people commenting on events that happened far away.

Cooee!

How was your summer in Portslade?

Oh.....hang on :drool::rolleyes::hilton:

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Thanks for the links. I have clicked and it is just innuendo. One calls Hunter Biden a crack addict. I just did a search on this. There is a link to a dodgy Youtube video that claims this is Hunter Biden filming himself weighing out cocaine. Dear oh dear. Breadcrumbs?

I attach below evidence that the TV Presenter, Robert Kilroy Silk went mad long before his 'what have the muslims ever given us?' rant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keCUoJK4MCg

And let's not forget, this is all being used to smear Biden himself.

I posted this link a few weeks ago detailing the depravity of Hunter that includes multiple links within the article detailing his depravity (open the last one, I’m sure it would even make Swanny blush), but that’s not really my point. The laptop smears his father because it details his involvement in corrupt dealings with foreign governments while he was vice-president. Hardly breadcrumbs.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/miacathell/2022/07/20/hunter-biden-icloud-leak-n2610057

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
You have a peculiar take on 'murder'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Ashli_Babbitt

I find it extraordinary that you align yourself with Trump and Putin:

"In October 2021, Trump recorded a video message arguing that "There was no reason Ashli should've lost her life that day. We must all demand justice for Ashli and her family". Russian President Vladimir Putin condemned the shooting of Babbitt, describing it as an "assassination"."

You self-identification as 'conservative' would deeply offend the majority of British conservatives.

I find it extraordinary that you would twist my politics to one that is aligned with Putin when you know full well that it’s the polar opposite. I do agree that Ashli shouldn’t have lost her life that day though.

I also apologize to all British conservatives who believe her killing was justified. No offense intended…

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I posted this link a few weeks ago detailing the depravity of Hunter that includes multiple links within the article detailing his depravity (open the last one, I’m sure it would even make Swanny blush), but that’s not really my point. The laptop smears his father because it details his involvement in corrupt dealings with foreign governments while he was vice-president. Hardly breadcrumbs.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/miacathell/2022/07/20/hunter-biden-icloud-leak-n2610057

It handily admits, front and centre, at the top of the article:

"It's worth noting the source of the material has yet to be verified."

i.e. this would not pass the test to be published by any legitimate news organisation.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I find it extraordinary that you would twist my politics to one that is aligned with Putin when you know full well that it’s the polar opposite. I do agree that Ashli shouldn’t have lost her life that day though.

I also apologize to all British conservatives who believe her killing was justified. No offense intended…

S'alright mate. Things get lost in translation. I've spent enough time with Americans to know that for example, it is perfectly possible to be in favour of things that are incompatible with one British perspective and others that are aligned, and still be decent people. The handgun issue for example. I will argue against them till I'm blue in the face with respect to the UK having them, but frankly in America the history means it's a tough ask to remove a fundamental right that arguably allowed the nation to come into existence, literally with a bang. It's when the conversation becomes transatlantic that rancour arises.

The Biden thing.....my feeling is that just like Joe Johnson refused to condemn his brother's actions, its hard for a father to condemn their son. Indeed we tend to support our kids even if they are dick heads. That isn't enough to smear Biden for me.

Now, Biden strikes me as the sort of old school Irish Democrat (correct me if I'm wrong) who has spent his whole life turning a blind eye to fundraising for the IRA. I spent a long time getting angry about That Sort of Thing. But these days, well...I don't think he's been involved in the campaign to kill and maim the English for decades. And as president he has surprised me (in a good way).

All that aside, Trump is clearly a very bad man and continues to be so. It is an active choice.

However it is pointless getting into a shit slinging contest with someone with American views. I don't do it in real life. So here's the plan. If I see you defending Trump and comparing him favourable to Biden again, I'll put you on ignore to save the time getting pointlessly cross and risking being egregiously rude to you again. OK? :thumbsup:

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
S'alright mate. Things get lost in translation. I've spent enough time with Americans to know that for example, it is perfectly possible to be in favour of things that are incompatible with one British perspective and others that are aligned, and still be decent people. The handgun issue for example. I will argue against them till I'm blue in the face with respect to the UK having them, but frankly in America the history means it's a tough ask to remove a fundamental right that arguably allowed the nation to come into existence, literally with a bang. It's when the conversation becomes transatlantic that rancour arises.

The Biden thing.....my feeling is that just like Joe Johnson refused to condemn his brother's actions, its hard for a father to condemn their son. Indeed we tend to support our kids even if they are dick heads. That isn't enough to smear Biden for me.

Now, Biden strikes me as the sort of old school Irish Democrat (correct me if I'm wrong) who has spent his whole life turning a blind eye to fundraising for the IRA. I spent a long time getting angry about That Sort of Thing. But these days, well...I don't think he's been involved in the campaign to kill and maim the English for decades. And as president he has surprised me (in a good way).

All that aside, Trump is clearly a very bad man and continues to be so. It is an active choice.

However it is pointless getting into a shit slinging contest with someone with American views. I don't do it in real life. So here's the plan. If I see you defending Trump and comparing him favourable to Biden again, I'll put you on ignore to save the time getting pointlessly cross and risking being egregiously rude to you again. OK? :thumbsup:

I would never condemn him for protecting his son, and I really don’t give a toss (pardon the pun) about Hunter, it’s the other stuff that gripes me. Joe is given a free pass and Donald isn’t, despite the fact that some accusations against him are demonstrably false.

I would never put anyone on ignore, but feel free to do so if you like (probably again). Just call me a dunce and move on…👍

This thread has sparked to life with some interesting debate though

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
It handily admits, front and centre, at the top of the article:

"It's worth noting the source of the material has yet to be verified."

i.e. this would not pass the test to be published by any legitimate news organisation.

Fair enough, but it’s impossible to argue that the man in the videos isn’t Hunter. So is it just the texts and emails that’s Russian disinformation? I would say not, especially as some have already been verified by the recipients.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here