Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
LNG reloading, blimey is that all you've got

Because of Brexit dare I ask?

What you talking about Willis?

There’s plenty of good news, the unelected EU is already running hard to get a couple of impoverished and corrupt soaked countries into its fold……one of which is in a war with Russia!!

https://www.politico.eu/article/european-commission-backs-eu-candidate-status-for-ukraine-moldova/

Where next will the enlarged EU look to expand?

In the meantime the ECB ended its technically illegal bond buying of countries in debt only to start it back up again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...147e14-eb9f-11ec-9f90-79df1fb28296_story.html

Looks like perfect EU policy, continue to print money whilst incorporating 2 economic basket cases into the club.

I know…….let’s re-join?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
In the 2016 Brexit referendum and then in the 2019 general election, Johnson offered voters the chance to “take back control” of their destiny, to rebalance the country and to pull it together again. On both occasions, he won.

Six years on, however, we can safely say his project is failing
. His government is busy trying to wrest back more control rather than exercising what it has regained. It has not united the country. It has not even begun to level it up.

The truth is, this government won’t accomplish any of that. Until Britain stops trying to restore a vanished past—whether the one imagined by its pro-Brexit Leavers or its anti-Brexit Remainers—and begins to construct a viable future, the country as a whole never will.

https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...-brexit-economic-impact-boris-johnson/661332/

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
How much longer are we going to bury out heads in the sand? We're a nation in denial, now the true consequences unravel.

The deafening silence over Brexit’s economic fallout

https://www.ft.com/content/7a209a34...0] [ATTACH=CONFIG]149027._xfImport[/ATTACH]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Not an opinion, its just counting....

BREXIT TO BLAME FOR AIRLINE STAFF SHORTAGES, SAYS EASYJET BOSS

https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...-flight-cancelled-easyjet-staff-b2104884.html

Johan Lundgren, chief executive of easyJet, said 8,000 job applications from European Union citizens have been rejected by his firm because candidates did not have permission to work in the UK.

Last week the aviation minister, Robert Courts, told MPs on the business select committee it was “not likely” that leaving the EU played a part in the chronic staff shortages afflicting aviation.

Mr Lundgren told The Independent: “The pool of people is smaller, it’s just maths.

“We have had to turn down a huge number of EU nationals because of Brexit. Pre-pandemic we would have turned down 2-2.5 per cent because of nationality issues,” Mr Lundgren said. “Now it’s 35-40 per cent.”

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not an opinion, its just counting....

BREXIT TO BLAME FOR AIRLINE STAFF SHORTAGES, SAYS EASYJET BOSS

https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...-flight-cancelled-easyjet-staff-b2104884.html

Johan Lundgren, chief executive of easyJet, said 8,000 job applications from European Union citizens have been rejected by his firm because candidates did not have permission to work in the UK.

Last week the aviation minister, Robert Courts, told MPs on the business select committee it was “not likely” that leaving the EU played a part in the chronic staff shortages afflicting aviation.

Mr Lundgren told The Independent: “The pool of people is smaller, it’s just maths.

“We have had to turn down a huge number of EU nationals because of Brexit. Pre-pandemic we would have turned down 2-2.5 per cent because of nationality issues,” Mr Lundgren said. “Now it’s 35-40 per cent.”

Was mentioned today that the likes of British Airways are sub-contracting to European operated planes in order to circumvent " The Benefits of Brexit " ... and, Micheal O'Leary reckons that all we need to do to solve a lot of our current predicted crisis would be to relax the rules for European workers..... but hey, Blue Passports...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interesting stat...

May 2008, oil USD150 / barrel, GBP=1.98USD, Diesel £1.20 / litre

Today, oil USD115 / barrel, GBP=1.22USD, Diesel £1.97 / litre

Gotta love Brexit and what the Vote Leave government have done to us

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Thank the stars that Rees-Mogg and Brexit saved us from the scourge that is USB-C for all.

[TWEET]1539594281073221633[/TWEET]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thank the stars that Rees-Mogg and Brexit saved us from the scourge that is USB-C for all.

As if you’d take any advice about tech from ****.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

6 years on and that's all Jacob has got.

Does he really think Apple will launch a UK only model?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Now that Ukraine are on course to join the EU, do they become the enemy?

I wonder how many Brexiters have congratulated Ukraine on their application being accepted. My guess is none.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

I wonder how many Brexiters have congratulated Ukraine on their application being accepted. My guess is none.

Johnson really is getting his arse delivered on a plate today

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
6 years on and that's all Jacob has got.

Does he really think Apple will launch a UK only model?

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

that is so utterly, utterly, desperate. the penny must be about to start thinking about maybe trying to start dropping around about nowish, shirley?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I remember a number of Brexiteers at the time of the referendum giving it 10 years before the EU crumbled. [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] was definitely one of them. 6 years on and it growing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here