Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Insulate Britain protests

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
So you keep claiming Rob, but you are more than happy to work for one of their donors and reap the rewards of the contracts that come from them.

Another contender for weirdo of the year.

This unhealthy interest some people on here have with me, what I do, where I live, what I wear is cute but it’s a bit desperate isn’t it? Why do you care?

By the way, you are completely wrong on the above statement on ALL counts……..freezing cold.

For a stalker, you’re a bit of a failure……..familiar territory for you though I suspect.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
1) pretty sure I say less on this forum than you and other empty vessels eh? Resorting to insults is a good indication of who the empty vessel is
2) compared to the doomsayers predictions of the effect of Brexit on the city and its business the city and its associated services are positively thriving, vacancies are up, pay is up, MA is up, new markets have been created (eg with new trading relationship with Switzerland). Rising pay without increasing productivity helps no one it causes inflation, job vacancies are fine if you can find people to fill them, New markets like the deals with Japan & Australia hardly are growing the economy and reall are not 'green'. Regards the CITY you say its positively thriving so you are saying it was better than before Brexit , don't think so though agreed it hasn't collapsed yet
3) if you can show, mass redundancies, pay cuts, partial or complete market closure, catastrophic collapse of order flow be my guest, you won’t find it. not sure what you mean by that but if you mean supply chain ability to deliver then it has certainly been worse and bordering on terrible for Northern Ireland
4) as per EUs extension of clearing continuing in London, anyone with a shred of understanding would appreciate the difficulties connected to the EU seeking to replicate the UK financial services structures. still early days and yes we have been saved as the skills and markets have not been as transferable as the EU would like e.g. Paris has only taken 5000 jobs from London when it was expecting to take 10000 but still 5000 jobs and whether we like the financial industry (bankers) they are a major source of income because we have killed off other industries
5) even if they had an endless supply of money, battalions of stormtrooper style lawyers, agreement on what countries would benefit from the transfer of business, they are years and years away, (that’s assuming the city stands still). as said in point 5 yes they are annoyed their wins have been smaller but there is still a loss of financial jobs in the financial sector

So there it is, as most rational people knew, on this side of their strategic responsibilities the EU is suffering from small dick syndrome. They just need to get used to having a big leathery union jacked corey being slapped into their face every day. so where what is ? I many others am tangibly no better off. Next you want to discuss dick size says it all

The strange thing is I am not a big fan of the EU organisation but voted remain because it was a better choice than what was proposed I would vote remain because I have seen nothing to convince me otherwise. Getting back control to give it to Boris and Co is a joke and closing the borders when we have had record levels of cross channel immigrants is farcical.

The only winners post Brexit are the wealthy

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You lot are mental! How the f**k did this end up arguing about Brexit :facepalm:

I honestly reckon some people think about Brexit every second of every day :lolol:

You could merge the whole Bear Pit into the Brexit thread to be honest. Maybe time to do that and colour code the regulars' user names; red for leave, green for remain and pink for "still only on a wind up despite Bozza's sticky post".

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Do you mean the disaster caused by sub prime lending in America, which was quickly addressed by the actions of Gordon Brown (albeit this being a global financial crisis its effects were felt long after the initial event and Brown received no recognition or credit for his actions), and that has been backfilled in the minds of everyone as a crisis caused by Brown by the relentless baiting of him in the media, an easy exercise owing to Brown's weird face and peculiar mannerisms, and that resulted in a tory government that used austerity to 'rebalance' the economy so that nobody can now buy a property unless they already have one to sell, or a bank of mum and dad to tap up? Or do you mean some American Browne I've never heard of?

no mate , i meant the parliamentary / living away from home / second home allowance that was flogged to death by all and sundry and exposed by the telegraph in the early 2000's .....google it old chap, i'm sure you'll find it riveting .....America...?? who gives a ferk, they will do what they will do, much to the distaste of us distant onlookers , trouble is that congress are into the vax producing companies unto and beyond their elbows .....once again google will help you here ....have you got your turkey in yet..? gonna be a bit scarce this year i heard..:wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
no mate , i meant the parliamentary / living away from home / second home allowance that was flogged to death by all and sundry and exposed by the telegraph in the early 2000's .....google it old chap, i'm sure you'll find it riveting .....America...?? who gives a ferk, they will do what they will do, much to the distaste of us distant onlookers , trouble is that congress are into the vax producing companies unto and beyond their elbows .....once again google will help you here ....have you got your turkey in yet..? gonna be a bit scarce this year i heard..:wink:

:lolol:

Turkey ordered from my favourite farm shop.

All the best :thumbsup:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What happened to UK government's Green Homes Grant scheme?

Seems like no replacement for it, poor...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17063279/mum-nudged-insulate-britain-activist-car/

A MUM who allegedly nudged an Insulate Britain activist with her SUV has been charged with assault.

Sherrilyn Speid, 34, has been summoned to court next month for driving her £80,000 Range Rover into Bethany Mogie.

Have little sympathy for the Katie Price impersonator

As time goes on Insulate Britain's cause will be vindicated, utility bills about about to surge again. This could be the last winter with relatively cheap power folks, the cap will be lifted soon

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The tone or source of the article is irrelevant if the report of the arrest is correct .

'if'.....?

Isn't the Sun renowned for telling the unmediated truth?

When I first saw the headline...

'A MUM who allegedly nudged an Insulate Britain activist with her SUV has been charged with assault.'

... I assumed it was a physical nudge and not a push using a gas guzzling 4X4. One day she may be grateful for the tough stand the protestors made... then again.... maybe not. Somehow she seems unconcerned about the precarious state of the planet....

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
'if'.....?

Isn't the Sun renowned for telling the unmediated truth?

When I first saw the headline...

'A MUM who allegedly nudged an Insulate Britain activist with her SUV has been charged with assault.'

... I assumed it was a physical nudge and not a push using a gas guzzling 4X4. One day she may be grateful for the tough stand the protestors made... then again.... maybe not. Somehow she seems unconcerned about the precarious state of the planet....

What planet are you on :facepalm:

Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here