Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Intended Donation

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The REMF are recommending supporting this cause and myself and Ed/Roz have recommended to the Eaton family to support this with a kit which will cost around £ 200 to be donated on their behalf to the youngsters in South Africa.

Thanks to BoF for bringing this to my attention.

http://archive.theargus.co.uk/2007/2/16/227797.html

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
A football team is making a fresh appeal for old kit to donate to youngsters in South Africa after their first gift was lost at sea.

Kit from Meridian Athletic Football Club under sevens, from Peacehaven, was making its way overseas to a school who plays in the same maroon colours when the MSC Napoli broke up off the Devon coast.

The kind donation was stolen by scavengers combing the beach after the cargo ship taking carrying it was beached after receiving severe storm damage.

Club committee member Naomi Bos said: "We are still appealing for anyone who might be able to help us replace the last kit. Somebody who used to play for us might have the odd shirt at the back of a cupboard somewhere.

"If they do please come forward.

"After we heard the news about our old kit we were all a bit distressed. It took quite a lot of time and effort to gather it all together and the kit was going to benefit another football team. It's a real shame."

The club is looking at other ways to replace the kit but is struggling because it already has to fundraise to cover its own costs.

If anybody can help please call Mrs Bos on 01273 581284.

As they play in Maroon, couldn't the club donate the kit? Be fantastic PR stunt for a "community club" to help out the poor kits in ZA

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Quite possibly, but insurance companies are notoriously slow to pay out, pity to keep these kids waiting for their kit. A fine gesture.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have spoken to the directors and the family and the REMF is going to replace the kit for them. Hopefully something will appear in the Argus.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Adam Virgo still owes me (the fund) £40 - I am thinking of writing to him at Cov about it..

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
tight git :angry:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
did any of the Albion player sponsors cough up ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here