Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ask Uncle Buck

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Man of Harveys said:
Oh. My. God. *swoon*

And it's not far from my work. And soon it won't be far enough. Bang goes the detox. I shall report back but thanks massively.

I feel all giddy and light-headed, I can't think straight, what's happening to me...:drink: :clap2: :drink: :clap2: :drink: :clap2: :drink: :clap2: :drink: :clap2: :drink: :clap2:

You see, I do have my uses ;)

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Commander said:
You see, I do have my uses ;)
I'm weeping here. It really is THAT good. I'll buy you some in gratitude.

Although, knowing my luck, I'll probably get there and it'll be off. :down:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Man of Harveys said:
I'm weeping here. It really is THAT good. I'll buy you some in gratitude.

Although, knowing my luck, I'll probably get there and it'll be off. :down:

Will hold you to that, moving to the smoke soon. :drink:

cronemeister

Jan 16, 2006
mendoza10 said:
Uncle Buck

Could you please tell me if a Jaffa Cake is a Cake or Biscuit?

I can answer that for ya if you haven't received a reply yet !!

Its quite simple really, and infact has been proven in a court of law...somewhere in the US of A (where else?).

The case was argued in court, and to prove either way a Jaffa Cake and a regular biscuit (dunno what kind....for arguments sake lets use a Digestive!!) were left overnight in the court house on a plate.

The following morning on returning the court, the jury were provided with the evidence. Plate (A) containing the Jaffa Orangey Delight, and Plate (B) containing the McVities Digestive.

Upon inspection the Jaffa Cake had gone hard, and the Digestive had gone soft.

So there's your answer. Cakes go hard if left out overnight uncovered, and biscuits go soft !!

I'm not a geek I've just heard that story before and remembered it cos it kinda sounded bollox but made sense.....if that makes any sense !!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
cronemeister said:
I can answer that for ya if you haven't received a reply yet !!

Its quite simple really, and infact has been proven in a court of law...somewhere in the US of A (where else?).

The case was argued in court, and to prove either way a Jaffa Cake and a regular biscuit (dunno what kind....for arguments sake lets use a Digestive!!) were left overnight in the court house on a plate.

The following morning on returning the court, the jury were provided with the evidence. Plate (A) containing the Jaffa Orangey Delight, and Plate (B) containing the McVities Digestive.

Upon inspection the Jaffa Cake had gone hard, and the Digestive had gone soft.

So there's your answer. Cakes go hard if left out overnight uncovered, and biscuits go soft !!

I'm not a geek I've just heard that story before and remembered it cos it kinda sounded bollox but made sense.....if that makes any sense !!

i always thought it was a cake, hence the name jaffa cake, but you can only find them in the biscuit isle of a supermarket

ps uncle buck, JAson Steele has asked for a game of pool, are you up for it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dear Uncle Buck

My kids want Star Wars toys for their birthdays. I have heard there is a Toys'R'Us in Hove somewhere. Can you please give me some directions?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He isn't very good, is he, this Uncle Buck fellow? 2 pages of questions, and not a single answer.

Sack him, I say, and start an 'Ask Meade's Ball' thread instead. We'd get more sensible answers anyway.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
hans kraay fan club said:
He isn't very good, is he, this Uncle Buck fellow? 2 pages of questions, and not a single answer.

Sack him, I say, and start an 'Ask Meade's Ball' thread instead. We'd get more sensible answers anyway.

Now that is an idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here