Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Top 5 Comedies

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
Mine are: (in order)

1. The Simpsons - Superb voice acting, animation and scripts coupled with humour from intellectual level down to schoolboy level make this a class act. Genius comedy in every way.
2. Blackadder - More one-liners than Dwayne's nostrils, the recent Blackadder thread turning up many of these. Pages long yet still didn't scratch the surface. Rowan Atkinson was born to play Edmund B.
3. Monty Python's Flying Circus - The original zany madcap humour, and still the best. A sideways glance at life flipped on it's head.
4. Fawlty Towers - Only making two series seems to have given this staying power over the years, and they still crack me up, hundreds of times after having watched them.
5. Drop The Dead Donkey - Very under-rated. The show may have revolved around current affairs but it didn't stop it being hysterically funny. Pretty much launched the careers of Neil Pearson & Stephen Tomkinson.

What about yours?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fawlty Towers
Men Behaving Badly
Vicar of Dibley
Blackadder
Porridge

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
slug balancer said:
Mine are: (in order)

1. The Simpsons - Superb voice acting, animation and scripts coupled with humour from intellectual level down to schoolboy level make this a class act. Genius comedy in every way.
2. Blackadder - More one-liners than Dwayne's nostrils, the recent Blackadder thread turning up many of these. Pages long yet still didn't scratch the surface. Rowan Atkinson was born to play Edmund B.
3. Monty Python's Flying Circus - The original zany madcap humour, and still the best. A sideways glance at life flipped on it's head.
4. Fawlty Towers - Only making two series seems to have given this staying power over the years, and they still crack me up, hundreds of times after having watched them.
5. Drop The Dead Donkey - Very under-rated. The show may have revolved around current affairs but it didn't stop it being hysterically funny. Pretty much launched the careers of Neil Pearson & Stephen Tomkinson.

What about yours?

agree with all of them, perhaps have them in a different order. drop the dead donkey was good, i saw it on paramount comedy channel

afc womble

Jul 5, 2003
1) Simpsons
2) Family Guy
3) Blackadder
4) Fawtly Towers
5) Scrubs

top notch :thumbsup2

afc womble

Jul 5, 2003
man, looking at these replies there's so many amazing shows i've missed.

i need to have a top 20! :D

1. Fawlty Towers
2. The Black Adder
3. Knowing Me Knowing You / I'm Alan Partridge
4. The Office
5. Yes Minister / Yes Prime Minister

Also: 6. Porridge, 7. League Of Gentlemen, 8. Father Ted, 9. Red Dwarf, 10. Dad's Army, 11. Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads, 12. Drop The Dead Donkey, 13. The Young Ones, 14. The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, 15. The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin, 16. Are You Being Served?, 17. Rising Damp, 18. One Foot In The Grave, 19. 15 Storeys High, 20= Only Fools And Horses, 20= The Good Life,

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
shit!!

i forgot the office!! for fucks sake!! number one the office.

maybe even a cheeky mention to bo slecta- well the bear bit anyone.

chamone mutha fucka

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
Yeah, I know, but I had to narrow it down to 5 didn't I?
But as you asked:

6. Coupling
7. Futurama
8. The Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy
9. The Office
10. Family Guy

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
HP, we share Birthdays. And it seems, a similar taste in humour.
Great minds think alike, eh? :thumbsup2

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Seinfeld
The Office
I'm Alan Partridge
Cheers
Yes Minister

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dad's Army
'Allo allo
Porridge
Red Dwarf
Good Life

(I'm stuck in a time warp)

How could I have forgotten Only Fools and Horses ? Erm now which one to drop?

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
In no particular order

Fawlty Towers
The Office
Whatever happened to the Likely Lads?
Seinfeld
The Larry Sanders Show

Honourable mentions for Blackadder, Only Fools and Horses, Coupling, Father Ted and Monty Python

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here