Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match report anyone?

Sep 12, 2006
anyone done a match report? i've just come back from playing footie in Bath and heard the result. GET IN!

My summary:

That's our best home win since Leeds almost a year ago. Expected Swansea to be up near Tranmere's standards but for once we started well and really knocked them out of their stride. We went to sleep a bit in the middle bit of the game but Revell and Robinson came up trumps, Jake made a nuisance of himself and set up the position for Revell to get the vital second goal.

I am still not 100% convinced we will make the play-offs this season but it's results like this that a play-off campaign is based on. Keep it up lads :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Brighton saw off 10-man Swansea on Tuesday night to earn their first League win at Withdean since September.

Dean Cox gave the Seagulls an early lead, hitting a 25-yard screamer after picking up an Alex Revell knockdown.

Swansea equalised when Dennis Lawrence nodded in, only for Revell's diving header to restore Brighton's lead.

Revell then fired home through a crowd before Swans captain Darren Pratley was sent off for his second booking and Rory Fallon struck a late consolation.

Sep 12, 2006
thanks guys...

from the official site:

Substitute Rory Fallon ensured squeaky bum time...

whoever wrote that will be at the daily star in no time :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All the very best and worst of Albion over 90 mins. Some fantastic football and one touch passing early on, loads of spirit but only the Albion can come so close to throwing a game away with only 4 mins left with a really soft goal and an open goal miss from Swansea just before the end :ohmy:

Summary? a great game with a screamer of a goal by Cox but edge of the seat jitters at the end.

Last edited:

Swansea came with some decent ball players, and a measure of physical play. On the right side for us, Whing and Fraser were given some shoves and heavy treatment to try to wear down their resolve, but they just upped that in response.

The first goal was a cracker, don't see many of those! All our goals came from pressure down the left, yet we spent most of the attacks down the right - so for that reason I wondered about Wendy's tactical viewpoint - why not keep at their weakest side? Can't complain about the teamwork, some of the passing moves were swift, and sublime, and evidence that there is some teamwork going on!
Very few high balls to small players - at last we are done with that, phew!

A bit scary that Swansea still could have got a point at the very end - which shows we have to fix something about the occasional confusions on the edge of our own area, and transition from defence could be more assured than just having to hoof it out to one of theirs. That's something for the midfield to work on - and perhaps be commanding over the ball once it's ours again.

I think most will agree, that in the league we are improving steadily. The players played well across the field, no weak places really. Chippy needs to get back into training somewhat, and we missed the tricky play from Robinson and Cox as soon as they were subbed.

Swansea came with some talent and intent - they didn't come for a poxy point - so credit to The ALBION for taking chances, and for making pressure count!

Well fought and well won

:clap:

Last edited:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I thought it was a great win Swansea are no mugs and looked very dangerous up front. Fortunately we were equally good up front and managed to score 1 more than them mainly due to 2 or 3 brilliant saves from Henderson.

Sadly, I think Mayo had another bad night, and now he is getting shown up by these quick thinking, quick moving youngsters.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
chez said:
Sadly, I think Mayo had another bad night, and now he is getting shown up by these quick thinking, quick moving youngsters.

Mayo was pants tonight, end off

FEDUP

Oct 20, 2006
the only thing in my opinion that sperated the sides was our front two...

movement mixed with some pace(robinson) and directness(revell)
:clap: :clap:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
London Irish said:
My summary:

That's our best home win since Leeds almost a year ago. Expected Swansea to be up near Tranmere's standards but for once we started well and really knocked them out of their stride. We went to sleep a bit in the middle bit of the game but Revell and Robinson came up trumps, Jake made a nuisance of himself and set up the position for Revell to get the vital second goal.

I am still not 100% convinced we will make the play-offs this season but it's results like this that a play-off campaign is based on. Keep it up lads :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

agreed, a very good win

chez

Jul 5, 2003
jakes right boot said:
You do talk some shite at times.

I like Kerry as a person and as a Brighton stalwart, but you have to say he wasnt very good tonight. Even some of his decision making was bad i.e. in the 1st half he tracked a guy back for 60 yards (which is commendable) but as soon as he got close enough, instead of sliding the ball out of play he barged the guy and they won a free kick. Thats just a bad decision and something you expect from the youngsters not a guy who's probably played more games than the rest of the 1st team together (tonight anyway).

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
chez said:
I like Kerry as a person and as a Brighton stalwart, but you have to say he wasnt very good tonight. Even some of his decision making was bad i.e. in the 1st half he tracked a guy back for 60 yards (which is commendable) but as soon as he got close enough, instead of sliding the ball out of play he barged the guy and they won a free kick. Thats just a bad decision and something you expect from the youngsters not a guy who's probably played more games than the rest of the 1st team together (tonight anyway).

Yep, this was a mistake. Shall I mention the 10 or so mistakes that Jake made. Or the 5 or so that Lynch or Whing made?

chez

Jul 5, 2003
DJ Leon said:
Yep, this was a mistake. Shall I mention the 10 or so mistakes that Jake made. Or the 5 or so that Lynch or Whing made?

This is my point though, one of the reasons of having Kerry in the team is for experience and to have a cool head in the team. IMO, he didnt do that tonight. Hopefully he will be better Saturday coz we do need an experienced head amongst all our Young Guns.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
My summary:

A slow start, as I couldn't get into the Chat Room, and I couldn't get commentary either, so was left with little alternative but the "Brighton vs Swansea (Official thread)" for updates.

Started off brightly, but soon descended into predicatable WHU ticket banter, with nothing much being created by the 4 of us posting on there.

After 13 minutes, Cox scores and I overdo the celebrations by posting a picture of a man in a space suit. I am cautioned and now miss the West Ham game as a result.

8:57pm 'Billy in Bristol' posts that commentary is available via BBC Radio Wales and provides the link.
9:06pm, just as I get the commentary up and running, Swansea equalise. Billy posts that it is all his fault. Very true.

Disheartened I retreat to the kitchen to make poached eggs on toast, laptop balanced on the worktop.

23:09 Revell makes it 2-1. I abandon the poached eggs and bounce the 'Oh shit, not Revell' thread. My poached eggs are now ruined.
23:23 Revell gets his 2nd. I am well into dinner by now, so celebrate by cracking open a Muller Light yoghurt (toffee). I just don't care.

21:35 Fallon pulls one back for the Swans, much to the excitement of the 2 Welsh gentleman on the radio, but 3 minutes later it is game over and 3 points to the Albion :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I though that Mayo did an OK job tonight nothing spectacular but neat and efficient generally. If he didnt make mistakes he would have been playing in the Champions League tonight!!

Sep 12, 2006
Bry Nylon said:
My summary:

A slow start, as I couldn't get into the Chat Room, and I couldn't get commentary either, so was left with little alternative but the "Brighton vs Swansea (Official thread)" for updates.

Started off brightly, but soon descended into predicatable WHU ticket banter, with nothing much being created by the 4 of us posting on there.

After 13 minutes, Cox scores and I overdo the celebrations by posting a picture of a man in a space suit. I am cautioned and now miss the West Ham game as a result.

8:57pm 'Billy in Bristol' posts that commentary is available via BBC Radio Wales and provides the link.
9:06pm, just as I get the commentary up and running, Swansea equalise. Billy posts that it is all his fault. Very true.

Disheartened I retreat to the kitchen to make poached eggs on toast, laptop balanced on the worktop.

23:09 Revell makes it 2-1. I abandon the poached eggs and bounce the 'Oh shit, not Revell' thread. My poached eggs are now ruined.
23:23 Revell gets his 2nd. I am well into dinner by now, so celebrate by cracking open a Muller Light yoghurt (toffee). I just don't care.

21:35 Fallon pulls one back for the Swans, much to the excitement of the 2 Welsh gentleman on the radio, but 3 minutes later it is game over and 3 points to the Albion :clap: :clap: :clap:

by far the best report of the night.... :lolol:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Bry Nylon said:
My summary:

Fabulous... let's have more match summaries like this!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here