Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Match report anyone?

0 Not allowed!
    anyone done a match report? i've just come back from playing footie in Bath and heard the result. GET IN!
    Part of the the Alex Revell Fan Club!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members
      Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

0 Not allowed!
      My summary:

That's our best home win since Leeds almost a year ago. Expected Swansea to be up near Tranmere's standards but for once we started well and really knocked them out of their stride. We went to sleep a bit in the middle bit of the game but Revell and Robinson came up trumps, Jake made a nuisance of himself and set up the position for Revell to get the vital second goal.

I am still not 100% convinced we will make the play-offs this season but it's results like this that a play-off campaign is based on. Keep it up lads
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Brighton saw off 10-man Swansea on Tuesday night to earn their first League win at Withdean since September.

Dean Cox gave the Seagulls an early lead, hitting a 25-yard screamer after picking up an Alex Revell knockdown.

Swansea equalised when Dennis Lawrence nodded in, only for Revell's diving header to restore Brighton's lead.

Revell then fired home through a crowd before Swans captain Darren Pratley was sent off for his second booking and Rory Fallon struck a late consolation.
      When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride. - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

0 Not allowed!
      thanks guys...

from the official site:

Substitute Rory Fallon ensured squeaky bum time...

whoever wrote that will be at the daily star in no time
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      All the very best and worst of Albion over 90 mins. Some fantastic football and one touch passing early on, loads of spirit but only the Albion can come so close to throwing a game away with only 4 mins left with a really soft goal and an open goal miss from Swansea just before the end

Summary? a great game with a screamer of a goal by Cox but edge of the seat jitters at the end.
      Last edited by Icy Gull; 06-12-2006 at 04:53.
      Winners never quit and quitters never win -Vince Lombardi

0 Not allowed!
      squeaky bum time was fairly accurate then
      Walk-in fridge loaded with hot blondes - Stockholm. aaahhh!

0 Not allowed!
      Swansea came with some decent ball players, and a measure of physical play. On the right side for us, Whing and Fraser were given some shoves and heavy treatment to try to wear down their resolve, but they just upped that in response.

The first goal was a cracker, don't see many of those! All our goals came from pressure down the left, yet we spent most of the attacks down the right - so for that reason I wondered about Wendy's tactical viewpoint - why not keep at their weakest side? Can't complain about the teamwork, some of the passing moves were swift, and sublime, and evidence that there is some teamwork going on!
      Very few high balls to small players - at last we are done with that, phew!

A bit scary that Swansea still could have got a point at the very end - which shows we have to fix something about the occasional confusions on the edge of our own area, and transition from defence could be more assured than just having to hoof it out to one of theirs. That's something for the midfield to work on - and perhaps be commanding over the ball once it's ours again.

I think most will agree, that in the league we are improving steadily. The players played well across the field, no weak places really. Chippy needs to get back into training somewhat, and we missed the tricky play from Robinson and Cox as soon as they were subbed.

Swansea came with some talent and intent - they didn't come for a poxy point - so credit to The ALBION for taking chances, and for making pressure count!

Well fought and well won

Last edited by NMH; 06-12-2006 at 05:22.
      Johnny Byrne-The Greatest

0 Not allowed!
      I thought it was a great win Swansea are no mugs and looked very dangerous up front. Fortunately we were equally good up front and managed to score 1 more than them mainly due to 2 or 3 brilliant saves from Henderson.

Sadly, I think Mayo had another bad night, and now he is getting shown up by these quick thinking, quick moving youngsters.

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by chez
      Sadly, I think Mayo had another bad night, and now he is getting shown up by these quick thinking, quick moving youngsters.
      Mayo was pants tonight, end off
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      the only thing in my opinion that sperated the sides was our front two...

movement mixed with some pace(robinson) and directness(revell)
      Keep The Faith