Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what do job agencies really mean.. rant #3

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
afters said:
of course you're not a contractor, you're unemployed!

Wrong again Twatface ! Never give up being a prat do you ? Working again. In fact for the next month I get paid for two jobs.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Jimmy Saville said:
I am currently actively working with six clients.

1. I worked with them in Oz - When I came back three and a half years ago they recommended me personally to their Clapham office. I have placed 10 permenent people there this year - all of whom are still there

2. A company I was given three and a half years ago and have turned them into a one deal a year client to a six deal a year client through understanding their needs.

3. A start up in London. I recruited for their Operations Director in his previous job and he called me as soon as he had a vacancy in his new job.

4. An company I have three years history with. They are considering outsourcing all of their work to me next year.

5. A major bank. I am working with a new office after being referred internally.

6. Another bank who are working with me because they are impressed by my client list and understanding of their work - I sent them 8 CV's, they interviewed 7.

Look, you're acting like a little child. You know NOTHING about me, yet you call me a pimp, a sewer rat and a leper. How dare you! Is that the way a 50 year old man is meant to behave. You should take a long hard look at yourself before pointing your bigoted finger at everyone else.

JS, You are obviously in a fairly niche exec area recruiting white collar roles, and I guess that you are probably placing people in the 35-50k bracket, and probably realising 10% of the first yars salary as commission.

It is a Sales Role you are in..it's not something to be ashamed of, and I think you are overly sensitive by trying to claim you are some sort of Saint who doesn't get rewarded for finding talented people and matching them with an employer.

Your Clients need to fill a role.
You have filtered applicants which saves them time.
You put forward candidates for hire.
If successful you recieve commish.

Perfectly honourable. I expect the other posters on here are dealing with "consultants" in more general sectors, which no doubt, you would be the first to distance yourself from and would probably object to them calling themselves that.

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
bhaexpress said:
Wrong again Twatface ! Never give up being a prat do you ? Working again. In fact for the next month I get paid for two jobs.

Nothing like a quiet Friday lunchtime......

I am considerably richer than you!!!

:lolol:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
bhaexpress said:

Did you go through a pimp? If you did, that makes you a prostitute.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Jimmy Saville said:
Find the thread. I had the last word.

Double glazing - resorting to sterotypes again. YAWN! What are you like? You're just a bitter, twisted, sad, nasty, bigoted old man aren't you. :rolleyes:

I believe you are looking for work and will no doubt be speaking to lots of agencies. Make sure you don't catch leprosy!

I was dealing with twats like you BEFORE YOU WERE BORN. Like I say most people think people like you are no better than rabid dog shit, thank you for confirming mine and most everybody else opinions but talking utter bollocks, once again, something that's much needed in your trade.

Time you flounced ! Give you more time to make your cold calls and annoy people with proper jobs.,

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Jimmy Saville said:
Did you go through a pimp? If you did, that makes you a prostitute.

Well, it was your mother who was giving me advice, unlike her son she seemed to know her business.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
bhaexpress said:
Wrong again Twatface ! Never give up being a prat do you ?
It's none of my business of course but I'm curious: do you talk like this in job interviews or merely online with other fairly innocuous folk whom you've never met?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Man of Harveys said:
It's none of my business of course but I'm curious: do you talk like this in job interviews or merely online with other fairly innocuous folk whom you've never met?

There's a bit of history here !

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
afters said:
that i can assure you mr gobshite cannot claim

You must be talking about yourself, how are things at Walt Disney these days ? Or is it Billy Smarts now ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Artful Ninga said:

Afters is just a twat who gets upset when people take the piss out of him, strange as it must happen a lot.

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
bhaexpress said:
Afters is just a twat who gets upset when people take the piss out of him, strange as it must happen a lot.

I have just noticed that I am the only person in this thread who you have yet to be offensive too........

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
bhaexpress said:

what on earth are you talking about fool? i'm very much enjoying this, brought a happy end to an otherwise quiet morning.

i really do think you have big issues though. the way you talk to folks on here is frankly disrespectful and arrogant. what gives you that right to talk to JS like you have been?

Last edited:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Bevendean Hillbilly said:
JS, You are obviously in a fairly niche exec area recruiting white collar roles, and I guess that you are probably placing people in the 35-50k bracket, and probably realising 10% of the first yars salary as commission.

It is a Sales Role you are in..it's not something to be ashamed of, and I think you are overly sensitive by trying to claim you are some sort of Saint who doesn't get rewarded for finding talented people and matching them with an employer.

Your Clients need to fill a role.
You have filtered applicants which saves them time.
You put forward candidates for hire.
If successful you recieve commish.

Perfectly honourable. I expect the other posters on here are dealing with "consultants" in more general sectors, which no doubt, you would be the first to distance yourself from and would probably object to them calling themselves that.

I work in a niche market - graduate recruitment. Did the whole white collar stuff in the past and enjoyed it, but I love the grad sector - I get to work with lots of young people and give them lots of advice throught the process. I have great clients too.

Grad rec is good because I can really add value and help them get a great job and start a career. It's not as cut throat as some sectors and I enjoy that.

Yep, make plenty of commision. I work a 47 hour week minimum, 54 hours last week. Target driven environment, all the usual pressures of sales - I work harder than all my mates - believe me, I earn it. I certainly don't feel like a saint but I am not dishonourable either.

However, what I cannot stand is the assumptions that people make about me and others in my profession who do a bloody good job and that's why I get touchy about it. It's bigotry, plain and simple and I've already been there before. I accept that there are people who don't hold the same values as me in recruitment. That's the same whatever you do - there are footballers like Leon Knight and there are footballers like Adam Virgo. I just don't want to be tarred with the same brush.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here