Moshe Gariani said:
good point... some of his family might be reading this

Ricky Gervais is looking for a co writer for Extra's 3

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Les Biehn said:
Not saying that the people cracking gags are doing it so as they won't burst into tears, just that it is a reminder we all die and the best way to deal with it is with a sense of humour.

Ah well - I don't think I'd be laughing if it were my horse, best way to deal with it or not...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
but if a human died would you get someone saying " he'll be worm food soon ", this started as a respectful thread of a great equine sporting legend and had shown exactly how many utter tossers post on NSC now.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
this started as a respectful thread of a great equine sporting legend and had shown exactly how many utter tossers post on NSC now.
:lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Uncle Spielberg said:
but if a human died would you get someone saying " he'll be worm food soon ", this started as a respectful thread of a great equine sporting legend and had shown exactly how many utter tossers post on NSC now.

Depends on whether that human was an animal doesn't it ?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Uncle Spielberg said:
Because the horse was quite dear to me with some wonderful memories of great races and happy days and I am upset it has died. I have several wonderful singed prints and photos of the horse at home. To hear " jokes " about glue and dog food is incredibly disrectful and pretty shitty really

Stll hey ho its only a horse it deserved to die

Which other horses do you wish least to die?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
bhaexpress said:
I think you could be Horse Raceist !

lisa-shadak9.jpg

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
tedebear said:
Ah well - I don't think I'd be laughing if it were my horse, best way to deal with it or not...

Thats my point though. Most people have no emotion connection with the horse, it is more to do with say an intellectual or cultural reaction to death as an abstract concept that we as humans have to face. (i'm not even sure what I said makes sense, well it does to me but not sure it will to anyone else)

Last edited:

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Uncle Spielberg said:

:lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Meade's_Ball said:
Which other horses do you wish least to die?

oh just feck off idiot

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
London Irish said:
Good post, but you are fighting a losing battle against a postmodernist influenced culture that trivialises every higher feeling and emotion.

i'd have thought this thread demonstrates exactly the opposite: that our "postmodern culture" encourages such drivel as emotional gushing at the death of a horse.

lady di syndrome at its worst

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
Because the horse was quite dear to me with some wonderful memories of great races and happy days and I am upset it has died. I have several wonderful singed prints and photos of the horse at home. To hear " jokes " about glue and dog food is incredibly disrectful and pretty shitty really

Stll hey ho its only a horse it deserved to die

Not meaning to take the piss or owt but how does a horse sign a photo? Does someone sign it for him? I don't get it?

_38788201_dessie203.jpg

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Moshe Gariani said:
good point... some of his family might be reading this
??? Look at the HURT on its face at the printout of this thread. Have a heart, good people.
reading-newspaper.jpg

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Not meaning to take the piss or owt but how does a horse sign a photo? Does someone sign it for him? I don't get it?

Read the post again. It wasn't signed, it was singed.

Don't let horses play with matches I say.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
London Irish said:
a postmodernist influenced culture that trivialises every higher feeling and emotion.

Guardian reader speak for having a sense of humour I presume?

Commander

Apr 28, 2004
London
Meade's_Ball said:
You what?
I just wondered of your list, cockknocker. To see what the value is to you and why, instead of the chosen drama of your victimisation, this hurts.

Ooooh, I've never seen MB angry before!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here