Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Desert Orchid has died

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Uncle Spielberg said:
point missed entirely
So it's ok to eat animals but not to make a pun about a dead animal, because it was popular?

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Uncle Spielberg said:
Because it is an animal , it has no worth to mankind whatsover, it is just good for dog food ( NSC philosophy ). The fact is was loved by millions of race fans and was a unique character who had a never give up attitude ( nearly said never say die but thought that would give an excuse for a hilarious joke ) he was a very special animal. He won 4 King George races in a row and the Cheltenham Gold cup and countless other big races. He was invited to lead the Gold cup horses allow the turf at cheltenham which he did do until this year. The old fella knew he was at cheltenham and would have raced at 26 if he was allowed to. A real character.

He nearly died at 14 with colic but made a miraculous recovery and was a fondly remember horse thats courage and spirit was a joy to see. He was a celebrity opening supermarkets and shows.

I like many others thought his win at the Cheltenham Gold Cup in 1989 was the greatest ever sporting moment. He simply refused to be beaten with ground against him in the hardest jumping race of the year and was 2 lenghts down and tiring in the final furlong but summoned the strength to win on the line was truely wonderful.

but hey its only a horse, lots of childish jokes to be made and take the piss out of people.

NSC really is shit nowadays.

:dunce: and you've just proved it!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Les Biehn said:
Is it me or is it just a horse?
I don't know. Answer this question, then we'll know: are you dead too?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I think in Australia it was a national holiday when Phar Lap died (was mysteriously killed some say)... Its a shame that people on here no longer respect anyone elses feelings for a particular subject...

Just because it means nothing to you - doesn't mean it means nothing to someone else...

Just imagine if that was YOUR horse?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
carry on if it amuses you

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Because the horse was quite dear to me with some wonderful memories of great races and happy days and I am upset it has died. I have several wonderful singed prints and photos of the horse at home. To hear " jokes " about glue and dog food is incredibly disrectful and pretty shitty really

Stll hey ho its only a horse it deserved to die

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
Because the horse was quite dear to me with some wonderful memories of great races and happy days and I am upset it has died. I have several wonderful singed prints and photos of the horse at home. To hear " jokes " about glue and dog food is incredibly disrectful and pretty shitty really

Stll hey ho its only a horse it deserved to die

I don't think people thought it deserved to die but animals do die. So people have made a few jokes, its not like they were cracking gags about it breaking a leg and being put down. Just a few horsey jokes.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Aw, I'm sorry - but animals die sooner than people, which is always sad. People are very respectful on her when people's pets die, for example.

How did the horse sign your prints?

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Uncle Spielberg said:
I have several wonderful signed prints and photos of the horse at home.

How do you know if the signature is authentic? It could of been any horse's hoofprint.

Uncle Spielberg said:
Because it is an animal , it has no worth to mankind whatsover, it is just good for dog food ( NSC philosophy ). The fact is was loved by millions of race fans and was a unique character who had a never give up attitude ( nearly said never say die but thought that would give an excuse for a hilarious joke ) he was a very special animal. He won 4 King George races in a row and the Cheltenham Gold cup and countless other big races. He was invited to lead the Gold cup horses allow the turf at cheltenham which he did do until this year. The old fella knew he was at cheltenham and would have raced at 26 if he was allowed to. A real character.

He nearly died at 14 with colic but made a miraculous recovery and was a fondly remember horse thats courage and spirit was a joy to see. He was a celebrity opening supermarkets and shows.

I like many others thought his win at the Cheltenham Gold Cup in 1989 was the greatest ever sporting moment. He simply refused to be beaten with ground against him in the hardest jumping race of the year and was 2 lenghts down and tiring in the final furlong but summoned the strength to win on the line was truely wonderful.

but hey its only a horse, lots of childish jokes to be made and take the piss out of people.

NSC really is shit nowadays.

Good post, but you are fighting a losing battle against a postmodernist influenced culture that trivialises every higher feeling and emotion.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
if the thread was about a human being or great human sportstar would people post louds of direspectful things and jokes about their death and belittle people who had good memories of them ?. I think not, its just a horse, I suppose it depends on whether you think animals have any value to mankind

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
if the thread was about a human being or great human sportstar would people post louds of direspectful things and jokes about their death and belittle people who had good memories of them ?.
good point... some of his family might be reading this

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
this thread actually makes me very sad about the state of people in this country, there is no feeling or empathy or sadness at something bad, its just an opportunity to take the piss especially if someone goes against the hilarious piss taking and hilarious jokes and says I liked that horse I am sad, even better, you see it everywhere you go , LI posted the only sensible post and what he says is right.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
if the thread was about a human being or great human sportstar would people post louds of direspectful things and jokes about their death and belittle people who had good memories of them ?. I think not, its just a horse, I suppose it depends on whether you think animals have any value to mankind

I have no interest in any sort of animal but I respect all living things. I think the point is when anything dies it is kind of a reminder of your mortality and means that people will make light of that to deal with it. Not saying that the people cracking gags are doing it so as they won't burst into tears, just that it is a reminder we all die and the best way to deal with it is with a sense of humour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here